Originally Posted by protc3
Thats awesome dude!!! When you get a chance, post your setup or email it to me and we will put it on the website.
My setup is not very far from the recommended setup you and Adrian use.
- 10 deg blocks
- .020" springs shimmed with 1 washer preload (no slop)
- 2 deg camber
- 1 deg toe-out each side
- upper arm in middle position
- Servo flat
- Kimbrough white servo saver with CEFX ball-studs in lower holes
- high ball-studs on steering knuckles to make steering links pretty much flat (they are a touch higher at the knuckles)
- BMI front arm shims
Center Shock/Side Suspension:
- long length (I moved the antenna mount forward a hole to make the shock longer. If you do this you need to put a longer ball-cup on the bottom end.).
- 35 wt AE, gold spring
- I don't remember the length but I have 1.5mm of droop (so if I lift the car at the center and measure ride height, it reads 5mm)
- stock ball-stud
- 5000 wt Mugen diff lube for side dampers
- .175 flex plates
- Front: stock width (no extra shims behind front tires)
- Rear: 172 mm
- Novak 5.5 w/sintered rotor
- 1.30" roll-out (with 96 tooth spur)
- Front tires: Double-pink, 1.64", 1/2 Paragon
- Rear tires: Pink, 1.71", full Paragon
- 3.5mm ride height - pretty much flat front, mid, and rear
- My turning diameter when checking circles is a little less than 4 feet. Car has very good off-power and on-power steering. Corner speed is excellent.
- battery in middle position
- Parma speed8 body and lowered as much as possible (I had to do some modification to the brushless motor so the body could sit lower). Front body posts: 2nd hole from bottom. Rear body posts: 3rd hole from bottom.
- track was medium/high bite with sweepers at each end, and a fairly tight but flowing infield.
Pics are on my camera, I just need to get them off of that and upload them.