Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 02:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSchorr
what do you mean rear holes in the chassis? i only have 1 hole for each screw..
It took Jason to notice it.
It will change your ackerman to much in the position that you have the servo mounts, try one screw only on each side from under the chassis.
The tie rods are better mounted more parallel.
Like this _ _
Or mount your ballstuds on the other side of the servo saver.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:55 AM
Tech Elite

Ben there should be 2 holes in the chassis for each servo mount for a total of 4 holes. Use the chassis holes more towards the back if you have the servo ballstuds facing forward. Look on the pic in step 12 of the manual to see a layout of those holes.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

there are 4 holes in the chassis. There are supposed to only be 1 screw in each mount. The forward holes in the chassis are for the balls behind the servo saver. Slide the mounts back to the rearward holes in the chassis and they will line up with the forward holes in the servo mounts.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:09 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Uga
Just painted a body for the upcoming season, take a look
That is wild buddy
Old 10-04-2007, 04:37 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

i see now, i jsut brainfarted, dam! i have to move my RX then! sucks
Old 10-04-2007, 06:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Uga
Just painted a body for the upcoming season, take a look
Ummmm You do realize that the car is sitting on top of your laptop... And if it has the motor in it you might want to not do that anymore... You see the motor has magnets in it and the hard drive really hates that.....
Old 10-04-2007, 08:14 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
Ummmm You do realize that the car is sitting on top of your laptop... And if it has the motor in it you might want to not do that anymore... You see the motor has magnets in it and the hard drive really hates that.....
I was thinking the same thing
Old 10-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Tech Lord

we are having a bunch of cumputer issues at the shop. Is that all it takes to wreck one? If so i am putting my whole motor case on mine. Hell, I may even hook the magnet zapper up to it.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:56 AM
Uga
Tech Regular

Ummm, does it really have that serious effect? I mean there's a screen and all the plastics between... I really don't believe that any significant magnetic field is getting through all the way down to HDD.. But anyway, it was like 2 mins, while I took the photo (I was just sitting at the PC at the moment :P )
Old 10-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by protc3
we are having a bunch of cumputer issues at the shop. Is that all it takes to wreck one? If so i am putting my whole motor case on mine. Hell, I may even hook the magnet zapper up to it.
See post... Yes they can...
Old 10-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Uga
Ummm, does it really have that serious effect? I mean there's a screen and all the plastics between... I really don't believe that any significant magnetic field is getting through all the way down to HDD.. But anyway, it was like 2 mins, while I took the photo (I was just sitting at the PC at the moment :P )
http://www.cknow.com/vtutor/HardwareThreats.html

Magnetic Zaps
Computer data is generally stored as a series of magnetic changes on disks. While hard disks are generally safe from most magnetic threats because they are encased within the computer compartment, floppy disks are highly vulnerable to magnets. The obvious threat would be to post a floppy disk to the refrigerator with a magnet; but there are many other, more subtle, threats.

Some of the more subtle sources of magnetism include:

Computer Monitor. Don't put floppy disks anywhere near the monitor; it generates a magnetic field.

Telephone. When ringing, telephones (particularly older phones with a bell) generate a magnetic field.

Bottom Desk Drawer. While the desk drawer does not generate a magnetic field, the vacuum cleaner that the maintenance people slide under the desk to clean the floor does.

Bottom Bookcase Shelf and File Cabinet Drawer. Same comment as the desk drawer just above.

Pets. Pet fur generates a strong electrostatic charge which, if discharged through a disk, can affect files on the disk. Instead of "The dog ate my homework," today it could just as easily be: "The cat sat on my homework." (I once had a student where this exact problem happened; a cat sat on her floppy disk and static wiped out the data on the disk.)
Old 10-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

http://www.cknow.com/vtutor/HardwareThreats.html

Magnetic Zaps
Computer data is generally stored as a series of magnetic changes on disks. While hard disks are generally safe from most magnetic threats because they are encased within the computer compartment, floppy disks are highly vulnerable to magnets. The obvious threat would be to post a floppy disk to the refrigerator with a magnet; but there are many other, more subtle, threats.

Some of the more subtle sources of magnetism include:

Computer Monitor. Don't put floppy disks anywhere near the monitor; it generates a magnetic field.

Telephone. When ringing, telephones (particularly older phones with a bell) generate a magnetic field.

Bottom Desk Drawer. While the desk drawer does not generate a magnetic field, the vacuum cleaner that the maintenance people slide under the desk to clean the floor does.

Bottom Bookcase Shelf and File Cabinet Drawer. Same comment as the desk drawer just above.

Pets. Pet fur generates a strong electrostatic charge which, if discharged through a disk, can affect files on the disk. Instead of "The dog ate my homework," today it could just as easily be: "The cat sat on my homework." (I once had a student where this exact problem happened; a cat sat on her floppy disk and static wiped out the data on the disk.)

this is not very likely. just sit a motor on top of a floppy for even a day and see if the floppy still works. I guarantee you that it will have no effect. we use a high power electromagnet that spins to even clear backup tapes. to clear a hard drive we have to run this thing for like almost 1 hour.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Are we still talking about cars?........LOL
Old 10-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

lap top
motor on it
HD gone

dont do it again

lap top on speaker
HD gone

Old 10-04-2007, 02:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

J, the goods arrived, first thing i did was make sure te shock cap works! Just intime to run this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.