ep4200 vs. intellect ib 4200wc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ep4200 vs. intellect ib 4200wc

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 09:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm sorry syndrome. I'll go back to the tire room and leave the heavy thinking to industry visionaries like yourself. Keep up the enlightening posts and good job on your sheep sounds.
Wait, didn't you just agree with me about 10 posts ago?
Old 07-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
I'm sorry syndrome. I'll go back to the tire room and leave the heavy thinking to industry visionaries like yourself. Keep up the enlightening posts and good job on your sheep sounds.
Wait, didn't you just agree with me about 10 posts ago?
I did agree with you on that point. I'm not so sure about LiPo's future either, and I'm especially concerned about the correlation of voltage and lower quality cells. I'm experimenting with cheaper, more volatile cells right now and seeing better performance, and that worries me. I do think it's a better choice in the end, but not the Jesus battery that people are making it out to be.

The thing about brushless, though, I can't abide by. I know you're a well-respected guy in this industry, and I've always shared (and continue to share) those feelings based on your writing here, but I'm not buying it on the brushless thing. For beginners only? Really? You know, because tuning motors is such a prized skill, that hardly anybody at big races does it. They farm it out to br00d's little helpers, or Eric, right? Where's the skill in that, exactly?

The sheep noises are the proper way to respond to someone that makes demeaning comments about "bashers" in a thinly-veiled attempt to suck up to you for a sponsorship. I bet you knew it too, but it would be bad form to say it publicly.

I wish the LiPo folks would stay out of these threads, I always end up trying to do cleanup in their wake, and usually make a bigger mess. :-)
Old 07-20-2007, 02:04 AM
Tech Elite

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASER PLEASE can we stop turning every NiMh thread into a LiPo debate.

People are clicking on this thread to hear feedback about IB's vs EP's.

I don't want to have to read through the SAME endless argument about LiPo cells. There are plenty of other threads on this!!!
Old 07-20-2007, 02:45 AM
Tech Elite

Dont disagree jack but it would definately help at club level.
Guys are coming into the hobby/sport and getting turned of as there is so much work to get up to pace and keep the pace.They not only competing on the track but with there wallets too.
Brushless and lipo brings us a bit closer to being more affordable in the long run and closer racing.
The top boys will still be top boys but have to work a bit harder to say competitive as there will be new talent coming through due to the reliability and consistancy of new technologies.
Im not a top racer but more so a average club racer and enjoy the sport especially when there is always good close racing.

Sorry for hijacking

On topic though about 6 - 8 months ago when i was shopping around for batteries and doing my homework on EP batts there was a lot of negative feedback as it wasnt up to the voltage levels of the IB cells.The price was also cheaper by a fair amount and lately as they are getting more popular due to there robustness if i can call it that the prices have gone up to equal the IB's from most matchers.
Lots of teh local guys were initially sceptical and prepared to try them out as tehy were that bit more affordable know they swear by them but are complaining about price.
How do you win ???
Guys should just check out and do there homework and decide what they want to use.
I will be using EP's in future.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by march to my own
Here we go

Lipo guys screwing up another valid topic and debate.

Please take your back yard bashing comments to the Clodbuster monster truck thread!

I think I speek for many who are sick of hearing about Lipooooooooo!
Do you notice that most of the time we are only responding to the people who bring it up? Most of the time with bad info too. Can you NiMH guys ever talk about your own stuff without dragging lipo into it??? Jack asked a question of lipo lovers we responded. Also, you'll get better results leaving the backyard basher comments out of it. Makes you sound like a bit of a whiner don't you think?
Old 07-20-2007, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

It would be good of this could get back to the topic, as I've some cells to buy for our 12th season and would like to know from those who have tried EP how they rate them for 12th; but...

Jack is right. I have raced for 30 years, and every time a new cell comes out, it is the saviour of RC. LiPo is not different. What the people who quote the airplane guys never say is that...

a) the airplane guys run at constant revs most of the time, at lower currents for a longer time, and when they do change speed the load is waaaaay lower than an RC car coming out of a corner.

b) when in a car, the LiPo is subject to consant vertical vibration that it absolutely hates! The plates run horzontally and the vibration is vertical. Most LiPo accidents are caused by poor manufacturing that allows the metal plates to touch each other when vibrated vertically. The 'plane guys put their packs in large amounts of foam. The vibrations are spread horizontally and vertically, and the pack is well insulated.

c) IATA only licence two LiPo manufacturers to send these types of cell by air - all the cheap stuff has to come by sea. That tells you something...

Jack is right, but you early adopters go right ahead and prove it all for us. I can wait and be a fast-follower if it works, and better off if it doesn't!

But, meanwhile, I'd like to know more about EPs, please!
Old 07-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking EP vs. IB's

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
It would be good of this could get back to the topic

But, meanwhile, I'd like to know more about EPs, please!
I'v used IB's for a year and EP's for about 4 months. I still run my IB's from last year for practice and they work great still. EP's I can say they work fine for the most part but they take about 8 cycles to get the bugs worked out of them.
Not a lot of punch in the beginning and had some IR's go up quite a bit at first, but now they have come down. Not sure why?
So, they are a little inconsistant and unpredictable at first. I let them sit half charged thru the week and discharged them and equalized them on the weekends when I ran them. This is all that was recommended by the mfg.
They have good power now and charging very well with no issues yet! Would I recommend them, yes, but be aware that they need to be cycled a few times before they settle in. Just monitor them closely in the beginning so you will have no surprises.
Lastly, I got a much better price on the EP's vs. the IB's.
If I had to choose one type of battery I would probably go with the IB's and pay a little more money!
This is just my opinion ,I'm just a fellow racer with conclusions based only on experience, no more no less!
MY 2$

Last edited by maxepower; 07-20-2007 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I purchased 30 ep cells to match and have a play with, I read with interest about the settling down of the cells.

I have found that on the initial charges they just drop out, they don't like high amp discharge (don't appear to ) this may be heat related.

Also seem to be less consistent in voltage to IB cells but time will tell after more cycles.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:10 AM
Tech Initiate

id stick with IB's.. they are more stronger than EP's, just charge them partially after use. PROBLEM SOLVED
Old 07-21-2007, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

We have a couple dudes with matchers that are gonna supply our club with batteries. They are experimenting with EPs right now. They're getting them from Japan to cut out a set of sticky fingers from a RC source hear in the states. They've had some great results so far. We've had plenty of IBs tank, so EP might very well be our preferred battery this season. I run the "other flavor" most of the time in TC, but will run EPs in 12th this season.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:02 AM
Tech Adept

Hi All

Whats the point of buying a $60 matched pack, and have cells fail after 1 or 2 runs. IB's are terrible these days, we pay top dollar to get decent cells and still have them fail. I thought the point of matching was to weed out weaker cells. I'd rather buy unmatched cells for less than half and use them, and just swap out a cell when it goes. EP's are definately showing more reliable and one can get a unmatched pack for $28. Why pay more money to get a extra 0.02v per cell and have unreliable packs.

Thanks Ya`All
Old 07-30-2007, 12:41 AM
Tech Master

Where is a recommended online store to buy these highend batts? Thinking of jumping from 3700 to 4200s.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

We have some 6 cell EP team packs in stock...
Old 07-30-2007, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redbones
Where is a recommended online store to buy these highend batts? Thinking of jumping from 3700 to 4200s.
www.promatchracing.com is always a good choice.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:45 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Intellect has improved the World Cell by making it selfdischarge slower while being able to maintain the high average voltage and low IR of the cell. If your a serious racer looking for the highest average voltage and lowest IR then the IB4200WC is the cell you will want to use.

As far as cells selfshorting this has been minimized but can still happen.

Out of a case of 200 EP M3 cells that someone I know matched he had 4 dead cells in the case and 11 that vented badly so this means there is no perfect cell out on the market. GP has also delayed the launch of there high voltage 4300 and there 4600 because they have the same issues.

Intellect was the first company to come out with the new higher voltage cells and we expect them to stay in the lead. The latest improvements proves that they are committed to our market.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.