Speedpassion Brushless.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speedpassion Brushless.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Sorry if any of this has been asked before, it is such a long thread now and I'm too lazy to read the whole lot.

What is the better motor out of the SP super sportsman stock 13.5 and the SP Feigao ultra sportsman stock 13.5? How do they compare to the current Novak 13.5?

Is there any issues running these motors with a Mamba Max esc?

Does anyone use the SP Granturismo esc with Novak 13.5? How does it go?

Where is the best place to order Speed Passion products from Australia?
Old 01-04-2008, 03:05 PM
jbb
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Which SpeedPassion speedo is the top of the line for touring car? and where can i order one in the US?

thanks
Old 01-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
By high bite are you talking about this????

Now thats funny!
Old 01-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Anyone else run across this?

Just got my GT and my 10.5 R and was putting them in my speedmerchant. The Sensor wire is not long enough, it would need to be at least another 1.5" longer. I am going to use my 7.5r novak tomorrow night (its wires are too long). I am assuming I can get a longer sensor wire.

The length it is would be fine for touring car but definately not 1/12 or off-road.

Just want to make sure I will be ok running my novak with my new gt.

Thanks
Old 01-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

They sell a longer sensor wire, I got one from Shawn for Off-Road, fits Perfect!!
Old 01-04-2008, 05:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

the GT would be your choice, places to purchase would include

360 R/C Raceway
Seattle Indoor Raceway
Nexus Racing
Fusion Hobbies

Originally Posted by jbb
Which SpeedPassion speedo is the top of the line for touring car? and where can i order one in the US?

thanks
Old 01-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

After a second day of testing here is some more info. The car ran best speed and laptimes using a rollout of 43.75mm to 45.7 mm. The 43 range the motor temped at 155-160 (seems to be best balance of infield and straight power) . At the 45 mm rollout range the motor was fast ,made 5 minutes but temped in the high 180's so this is probably not the best rollout as it pushing the temp range.After two days of testing I am not really yet impressed with the whole Brushless hype .I do like the fact that the motor starts and finishes with the same speed and the maintenance factor is also a plus. Tomorrow I am going to start to mess with different profile changes and maybe some timing changes . I am really looking forward to Sunday to see the results from racing brushless with the brushed motors, and Comparing my times with the brushless motor to previous brushed results.
Has anybody used the GT with a brushed motor yet ? How was the performance?

Last edited by Sal Amato; 01-04-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

I hope you don't feel like we abandoned your question but were not going to carry the "9.5" motor, there's not class that allows it, ROAR or no ROAR, 10.5 is the standard as of right now and were focusing on that class along with whatever motor ends up being the "new stock class" 17.5, or 13.5

and we'll never forgot you speed demons that need Mod
If that the case let me rephrase my question. What is the different between the Super Sportsman Series and the new Feigao Series motor? ie. 13.5 vs 13.5.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

For the quick and easy answer, The Super Sportsman Series are an original line of motors Speed Passion offered, the newer Ultra Sportsman (the ones avaiable here in the US) are a newer "refined" series so to speak, with some needed changes to be more competitive in the US market.

Originally Posted by -KilleR-
If that the case let me rephrase my question. What is the different between the Super Sportsman Series and the new Feigao Series motor? ie. 13.5 vs 13.5.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:15 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
There is no ROAR temp rule. Most racers run with the temp cut off disabled. Nothing is worse than being in the lead on a hot day and having your car stop. That used to happen all the time with the early Novak bonded rotor stuff...until we learned to pull the blue wire out of the sensor plug
Thats funny. A buddy of mine says gear it til it thermals at almost the end of the race, cut the blue wire and go up one tooth and it is a rocket. It works in his pan car that way and after seeing his results it works great.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sns820
After a second day of testing here is some more info. The car ran best speed and laptimes using a rollout of 43.75mm to 45.7 mm. The 43 range the motor temped at 155-160 (seems to be best balance of infield and straight power) . At the 45 mm rollout range the motor was fast ,made 5 minutes but temped in the high 180's so this is probably not the best rollout as it pushing the temp range.After two days of testing I am not really yet impressed with the whole Brushless hype .I do like the fact that the motor starts and finishes with the same speed and the maintenance factor is also a plus. Tomorrow I am going to start to mess with different profile changes and maybe some timing changes . I am really looking forward to Sunday to see the results from racing brushless with the brushed motors, and Comparing my times with the brushless motor to previous brushed results.
Has anybody used the GT with a brushed motor yet ? How was the performance?
You have me confused. You are experiencing all the benefits of brushless, namely no maintenance. Despite that, you are disappointed with brushless.

In case you missed the memo, the point isn't to be faster in the spec classes than brushed. If that is what you want, you are going to be disappointed.

-Adam
Old 01-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

For the quick and easy answer, The Super Sportsman Series are an original line of motors Speed Passion offered, the newer Ultra Sportsman (the ones avaiable here in the US) are a newer "refined" series so to speak, with some needed changes to be more competitive in the US market.
Can I safely say that basically both are the same specs motor? When you say changes, what kind of changes? Hope is not so much trouble to futher explain.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The old one is a silver can, 2nd generation is red, and the new one is black, one is vented with holes in the can, the new one is not, the old one utilizes a black plastic endbell, the new one is aluminum. I think at one point there was a fan on the rotor as well, but don't quote me on that cause I'm not sure the 13.5 motors had those.

There are also some changes inside the can I'm not inclined to discuss simply because I don't remember the engineering changes off the top of my head, but the specs are different.

Originally Posted by -KilleR-
Can I safely say that basically both are the same specs motor? When you say changes, what kind of changes? Hope is not so much trouble to futher explain.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I hope you don't feel I'm skirting the subject here, I really don't know what the original specs were as opposed to what they are now, (for that matter I don't know the exacts now either) I've been told by my superiors that the necessary changes were made to make the motor much more competitive in our market here.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

yanked the speedpassion gear out of the Mi3 and dropped it in a B4. I'm so rusty in off road, won't be able to do any real testing. just gonna be trying to keep it off the pipes, i think i'm far enough west no one will mistake me for adam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.