Wiki Posts
Search

Speedpassion Brushless.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -KilleR-
Do you mind sharing what ratio did you use when u torched your SP9.5R? Hope you don't mind.
I don't have a problem doing that; my ROLLOUT (on 56mm foams) was somewhere in the range of 37-38mm. I think 33-35mm is closer to optimum when on MY track, which is on the med/smallish side. With the new one, I'll give an update later in the week.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

First you blow the rotor off the shaft, then you overheat the replacement. Remind me not to let you borrow my 9.5

I run mine at about 30mm rollout on foams and it's already hot coming off the track after a race. There's no way I'd gear it up, if anything, I might drop a tooth.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey
First you blow the rotor off the shaft, then you overheat the replacement. Remind me not to let you borrow my 9.5

I run mine at about 30mm rollout on foams and it's already hot coming off the track after a race. There's no way I'd gear it up, if anything, I might drop a tooth.
Thanks for reminding me not to ask yah
Old 11-27-2007, 12:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by leomax001
....thanks for your help !!

esc installed and ready to go !!

.... test in progress....

.......first "test" really succesful

driving up-down the garage area (lot of accelerate-brakes) didn't hurt the esc and/or motor...
things get well with this setup:
final ratio 5.77:1
esc: exige
motor: SP 9.5T

the mod I did:

new heat sink (including fan)
change the capacitor with a ultracap (0.15 Farad) - see pics down the receiver... -

next weekend I will try on track for intensive testing...

Shawn, great news from you !!! When will be available the new GT esc ???
Old 11-27-2007, 12:44 AM
Tech Elite

The Exige specs say the 13.5 is the hottest motor for it so arent you taking a chance with the 9.5 ??
Old 11-27-2007, 12:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by razzor
The Exige specs say the 13.5 is the hottest motor for it so arent you taking a chance with the 9.5 ??

......for sure

you're right, I'll do that at my own risk but it's a "calculated" risk
as a matter of fact, I use a fan blowing direclty on the (new) heatsink I added
furthermore, the car is really light (1300 grams total weigth, ready-to-race) so this will help a lot by reducing the "stress" onto the esc..........

crossing fingers I'll post my experience after the w-end of testing on the track
Old 11-27-2007, 05:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
I don't have a problem doing that; my ROLLOUT (on 56mm foams) was somewhere in the range of 37-38mm. I think 33-35mm is closer to optimum when on MY track, which is on the med/smallish side. With the new one, I'll give an update later in the week.
Sorry to trouble you again as I'm not familiar with rollout. Do you mind telling me what is the gear final ratio? ie. 5.91:1. Thanks.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

Nexus:

Both

If they aren't up to snuff with popular competing brands there is little value to us as a distribution company to carry/promote them to our customers. So we look at them head to head in various ways (actual performance and pricing) to make sure they are.

I'll have SP 13.5 vs brand orange 13.5 data today, and it looks like I'll have SP 10.5 vs orange 10.5 no later than tomorrow.

I'll get pics up when testing is complete - looking like end of day tomorrow
Old 11-27-2007, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Island Losi:

The LRP has shaken out as the motor of choice for the 3.5/4.5 mod guys around here. The SP 2.5/3.5/4.5 are extremely similar in performance/heat to the LRP motors.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

thanks man. do the LRP guys have any problems with temp as compared to the SP motors? is the 3.5 SP motors avalible in the US?
Old 11-27-2007, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer
Nexus:

Both

If they aren't up to snuff with popular competing brands there is little value to us as a distribution company to carry/promote them to our customers. So we look at them head to head in various ways (actual performance and pricing) to make sure they are.

I'll have SP 13.5 vs brand orange 13.5 data today, and it looks like I'll have SP 10.5 vs orange 10.5 no later than tomorrow.

I'll get pics up when testing is complete - looking like end of day tomorrow
Way to put first things first Shawn! Can't wait to hear what you find. We'll be watching for that data later today . . .
Old 11-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

I have to say personally i've run both LRP and Speed Passion (style) 3.5's, and i'd run the SP every day of the week.

The LRP has more top line RPM i'd say, however, on track i much prefer how the SP runs. Also, haveing a choice of rotors allows you to tune the power band.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

hey Shawn i like your test area!! looks pretty good
Old 11-27-2007, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

LOL Marcos - we were pretty geeked out with gadgets and gizmos today eh?

OK - straight to the point:
The new SP 13.5 rocked our world today, and I've got one test run still to go. Definitely three big snaps WAY up!

These motors are winners

The mid-level ESC also continues to impress me (used in static load testing). Ran nice and cool on some big loads with both brands of motor. The GT may be the "pro race" ESC, but I know which one I want in my own personal car...

I wasn't expecting just how much power the 13.5 motors (all brands) can absorb. I could have saved hours of data collection just jumping right to the "big gun" load level!

We'll finish up with the 10.5 tomorrow, and delve into the programming depths of the GT ESC. It's got some really cool stuff I can't wait to try out.

As far as I'm concerned - everything is a total go, and I'll be shooting out a volume order tomorrow night before I'm off to CT Thurs for the micro onroad nationals this weekend at RC Madness.

More tomorrow!
Old 11-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Availibility Date

Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer
As far as I'm concerned - everything is a total go, and I'll be shooting out a volume order tomorrow night before I'm off to CT Thurs for the micro onroad nationals this weekend at RC Madness.

More tomorrow!
So with that being said, does that mean you should have product (both esc's and motors) for sale in about 2 weeks? Also, do you know approximate pricing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.