Wiki Posts
Search

Speedpassion Brushless.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
I stopped by Schu USA after work and picked up 2 SP GT speedos and a 10.5 motor. Here are some pics of my Mi3 and the BMI DB10R 200mm pan car prototype.

I am beyond impressed with the GT Speedo. The programming tool is great. There is no need to carry instructions and count blinking LED's anymore. It launches hard and right away, has incredible brakes and stays cool even without the inculded fan. It will run any BL motor on earth...sensored or sensorless...it can even run sensored motors as sensoreless (but the starts are not as snappy as with the sensor wire).

This speedo does a bunch of stuff LRP and Novak can't do with their current speedos.

This is the first next generation BL Speedo!

i waaaant ooone

hey, if im right this is the ONLY esc on market that runs both senored and non-sensored motor
Old 12-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
This speedo does a bunch of stuff LRP and Novak can't do with their current speedos.
Please enlighten us uneducated people. What does this speed control do what others cannot?
Old 12-26-2007, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
Please enlighten us uneducated people. What does this speed control do what others cannot?
You cannot have one Mr. 5.2 rollout!!!

I'll let you peek at mine
Old 12-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sure...I will cover all the settings noting what is unique about the speedo in bold.

Note that this is the only BL speedo with a hand held portable programming tool included in the purchase price.

This tool allows you to:

1. Set Forward with Brake or Forward/Reverse with Brake. It is to only Forward and Reverse capable Unlimited RACING speed control.

2. You can set the drag brake to 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,40 or 50%. These are finer steps than any one else has.

3. It has adjustable Lipo cut off thresholds of NONE, 2.6, 2.8, 3.0, 3.2 and 3.4V per cell. No other racing speed control does this.

4. It has 9 start modes that give linear or progressive throttle control at motor start for adjustable punch off the line. The lowest setting is like a soft start (could be used to racing concrete oval with cap tires) and the highest setting is like having 100% throttle when you touch the trigger.No other racing speed control does this.

5. It allows max brake force limiting at the speedo instead of using your brake endpoint. This can be set from 25(weak), 50,75 to 100% (full speed). No one else does this.

7. It allows you to adjust you minimum brake like other speedos.

8. It allow you to set your throttle channel dead band to 6,9 to 12%

9. It allows you to set your motors timing advance electronically between 0-26.25* in 8 steps. No other sensored racing speed control can do this.

10. It lets you set the speed to BL Motor operation, Brushed Forward only and Brushed forward /reverse.

11. It lets you enable and disable the thermal cut off feature.

All of this can be set in seconds with the programming tool. A key to all the settings is printed on the programming tool so everything is right there when you need it.

Its just AWESOME!
Old 12-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Awesome Adrian.

I will also add this...

12. It's just cool to have!!

I am all about cool. Forget features I want cool!
Old 12-26-2007, 07:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Nex, you've been cool....you just...

nevermind lol

Originally Posted by Nexus
Awesome Adrian.

I will also add this...

12. It's just cool to have!!

I am all about cool. Forget features I want cool!
Old 12-26-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

# 12 PLEASE.
DOUG ??

JACKO

Old 12-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

any stickers included?
Old 12-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here is the programming box that comes with every speedo.

Just plug your reciever plug from the speedo into the box. Hook up your main battery and turn the speedo on. Pick what you want to adjust with the item button. Change the setting with the value button and hit the ok button. Thats it!

If you get crossed up just hit the reset button and the ok button and all the default values are reset.
Attached Thumbnails Speedpassion Brushless.-img_2123.jpg  
Old 12-26-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Sorry Novak & LRP and whoever else out there- "You're time on earth is limited; RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!! But while you are still here, KNEEL BEFORE YOUR MASTER!"
Old 12-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

So Adrian - I guess you kinda like it? :-)

The whole package is really impressive to me, and like Adrian said - it's the first of a whole new world of sensored/sensorless ESC functionality.

I've been driving/testing it for almost a month now waiting on the production units and it's awesome to see feedback like this from a respected racer/industry person. I've known it was a killer product from day one, and I can't wait to hear more feedback when they hit the stores/tracks this weekend.

We've purposely done a bit of a "soft launch" with the Speed Passion products without all the hype and marketing weasel rhetoric usually associated with months of waiting for the latest and greatest vaporware. I wanted to get the first round out there on word of mouth alone (and a little bit of faith) and let the product speak for itself. Info on the website, press releases, and the usual media blitz is to come of course, but it will all be backed by real-world experiences from folks actually using the product at the track.

For those with systems en route - you're straight up gonna be blown away.

For those wanting to give it a good look first, keep your eye on the Schumacher website and other sites like this one for more info in the coming days.

If you're local shop needs to carry the ultimate in ESC functionalty and ease of use for racers and bashers alike - have them shoot us a call or email in the time being and we'll be happy to fill them in on the entire Speed Passion product line and set them up as a Schumacher USA dealer.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Damgumbit I should have had you send 2 for me Shawn

Last edited by JayBee; 12-26-2007 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i was just thinking the same thing, i copied and pasted adrian and shawns last posts to a local northwest thread, hope that is ok
Old 12-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

I personally packed SIR's box, and put "more than one" in there - with a little sweet talk and/or some good timing you might be able to get a second one from them. :-)
Old 12-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Feel free to spread the love, Pilot!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.