Originally Posted by abailey21
You can't, but I can blame him all day

I heard it was dark out there too.
we'll try again sunday
Old 12-14-2007, 09:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Right on

I'm exited about the SP stuff my car is on top of my computer monitor looking empty inside

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
we'll try again sunday
Old 12-15-2007, 04:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by xraydad
Hi all,
we've just purchased a SP34813 13.5 motor to run at our local club, and I have a couple of questions. We have run 4.0 and 3.5 motors up to now, which have the replaceable sensor board and adjustable timing backplate, but this motor appears similar in design to the LRP motor that my friend runs. The instructions mention adjusting the timing plate, but I assume this relates to the larger motors?.

Am I right in assuming that the rotor is bonded?, and can a sintered unit be fitted?. We run an LRP sphere competition TC speedo, will this motor run ok with the extra 30 degrees of motor advance that they seem to have?

Finally, what approximate gearing startpoint would you suggest for a 23m x 12m rubber tyres on carpet track, it is medium technical with one full length straight.
Many thanks
Phil
Anybody got any suggestions at all?. We ran motor last night, everyone on novaks and lrp's were gearing around 5.7:1, we tried this, motor was flat and started to get quite warm, geared next run @ 5.9:1, better temperature, but still not as snappy as the lrp motor runners. Still finished in an A final podium spot, but got the real impression that we were not in the sweet spot of the motor. Any help appreciated
Phil
Old 12-15-2007, 04:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

here in the states were still waiting for them, not sure we can be of any help yet. but i would say your on the right path. its not the most fun a guy can have, but experiment with ratios and also different spur/pinions within that ratio.

btw we run our novaks at around 150 degrees, some people run higher, some run lower temps but around 150 seems to be the sweet spot for the novak, at least the one i have.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The motors aren't in the states tey unless your buying them directly from Asia or in the UK so we haven't had a lot of track time with them. I'm sure your going to see plenty of FDR info in the coming weeks.

From what we've seen in the prototypes I would move up maybe 2-3 teeth on the pin and that should put you right where you need to be. I would keep a close eye on your temps though
Old 12-15-2007, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xraydad
Anybody got any suggestions at all?. We ran motor last night, everyone on novaks and lrp's were gearing around 5.7:1, we tried this, motor was flat and started to get quite warm, geared next run @ 5.9:1, better temperature, but still not as snappy as the lrp motor runners. Still finished in an A final podium spot, but got the real impression that we were not in the sweet spot of the motor. Any help appreciated
Phil
was the motor flat on the top end or coming out of the corner? whats the timing setting?
Old 12-15-2007, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Do the speedPassion motors come with the sensor wire?
Old 12-15-2007, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I believe so; mine did
Old 12-15-2007, 09:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
Do the speedPassion motors come with the sensor wire?
Yes.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Yes they'll come with a sensor wire
Old 12-16-2007, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Ran a prototype Granturismo yesterday and I'm super-happy with its performance.

Worked very well throughout the day, the setup options are useful and you can actually easily feel the effect of changing setups. IMO the GT has a very good feel.

The included programming unit is simple but über-great! Overall it would seem to be a very impressive speedo, even more so when you consider it's the first competition speedo by them.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
was the motor flat on the top end or coming out of the corner? whats the timing setting?
Motor was flat off the corners - seemed as if you had to drive flat out all the time to keep the overall speed up - one or two brushed guys were able to be a nuisance to us when they weren't to the other brushless runners. From what I can see, timing appears to be locked unless the factory guys/reps know different. If it is adjustable, maybe that is our problem, and somebody could briefly say how you alter it in a way that is different to the 3.5 and 4.0 turn motors.
Should say now that I'm not dissing this motor as it seems fast, just not quite fast enough. It is probably us not getting the best because of our gearing or not knowing how to alter the timing.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by abailey21
The motors aren't in the states tey unless your buying them directly from Asia or in the UK so we haven't had a lot of track time with them. I'm sure your going to see plenty of FDR info in the coming weeks.

From what we've seen in the prototypes I would move up maybe 2-3 teeth on the pin and that should put you right where you need to be. I would keep a close eye on your temps though
Is that 2-3 teeth on where we are now or based on what the brushed guys are running?
Thanks
Phil
Old 12-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

is Speed Passion goin to have motor.esc combos or is everything seperate?
Old 12-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Xraydad:
Are you running the older "holes in the silver motor car" design, or the newer solid annodized can design?

If it's the older can design, SP has "reved up" several versions of improvement since then. You may not be able to gear up to keep up w/the Novak/LRP with one of those before going temp critical.

We are only bringing in the solid anodized 10.5/13.5 motors, as they were the only ones directly comparable to the Novak/LRP designs.

Island:
Schumacher USA will have combos for those who want them. Pricing/part #'s should be released early next week. I've got everything in our system, now it's time to play marketing weasel to get all the info out there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.