Race Track Fee's ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

$5.00 a week; 4 weeks in a month= $20
Old 04-29-2003, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

why did u multiply 5x4 and why not 5x12?

I don't mean to be a dick or nothing, I'm just confused
Old 04-29-2003, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

He's saying if you race once a week and it cost $5 more, a month would cost you $20 a year $240
Old 04-29-2003, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

its 260 a year becaus 52 weeks per year and 5 a week equals 260
Old 04-29-2003, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If money is such a big deal then why do you have a 1000 dollar toy car that you like to play with on a toy car race track? Im not bashing you or anyhting but it just seems that you are not grasping the concept that you have at least a 1000 dollar toy car that you RACE and your complaning about 5 extra dollars a week. I dont see the logic that you are so upset about.

let me ask you this do you smoke? If so how much do you smoke a day? If its more then a pack a week why dont you go complain about that and there is where your extra 5 bucks is going.

Timmy its easy
4 times a month.....5 bucks extra a day.....for 12 months is a total of $240 a year.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Hey Timmy dont forget that you at least have 4 holidays or what ever a year that fall on weekends so you cant race on them so 240 is closer......
Old 04-29-2003, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

You got it Timmy, now your understanding
Old 04-29-2003, 06:39 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by weaponx
Your right money is not a big deal, what was I thinking.
20 x 12 = 240
..and that $240 paid for a couple square feet of carpet that Scotty laid for you to race on.

..and that $240 paid for those bathroom flushes, the heaters you see above you in the winter, and probably the lighting bill, so we don't have the need to buy glow in the dark body paint, which is about $5.

Just remember the whole picture.. If you want somewhere as great as Trackside to race, you might have to fork over a couple extra bucks to race. I wish Scotty would move to Illinois..

I always fill up before going to milwaukee, at an average of $38 a tank... give or take. Guessing I usually burn over 1/4 of a tank round trip. Using 1/4'th, just to make it simple, I spend about $10 just to get to Trackside, ~$12 to race, and $4.75 to eat lunch. Don't complain, be glad that you have such a nice facility close to you..
Old 04-29-2003, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Hell yeah it's exspensive, Mike's here in Dallas said his monthly rent on his new building for the new track and shop is almost $5000 a month, not including, the materials for both tracks, timing systems, computer, staffing, electric, etc...
Old 04-29-2003, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Money is a big deal, and I do enjoy the hobby , it is an expensive hobby already, it cost alot as you stated earlier to keep the car running and just to own one. If you own a rc car should you have a limitless bank account to keep it running and for race fee's? That is the impression I am getting from you. And who said im upset.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Any form of racing is exspensive, and RC racing although expensive, doesn't compare to "real" forms of racing.
Old 04-29-2003, 07:42 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by birdy233
Any form of racing is exspensive, and RC racing although expensive, doesn't compare to "real" forms of racing.
Not even close! If it were, the spectators would be charged $6 for children, and $8 for adults for weekend racing, sometimes twice that for special events. You would be charged $30 to go into the pit-area, and I won't even get into entry fee's.

I wish I had an endless bank account. Unfortunately, that can be what limits some racers. I guess you have to work, before you can play.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Man did I stir the pot.

I guess what my point is the way I figured it on average I am guessing that trackside gets about 300-400 plus racers a week ( During the buisy season ) now if you multipy that out it is a ton of cash. I don't think it would hurt to have some kind of discount for multiple race nights in a week. Like if you race 1 class twice a week make it like $20 I think that is more than fair and it is a savings to the hardcore racer. I personally don't care about the extra $5 but I do know that for some people it is a stretch. Allot of people don't still live at home and want to treat this as a hobby not a burden. Now Kevin I know that you will say the whole $1000 car deal again but look at the big picture. This is how I figure an average race day. $15 to enter race, $6-$8 on soda and food, $3- $5 on brushes, Basically evey person walking in the door at the track will spend close to $30 a race night no matter what and that is if you don't break anything so yes any little bit you can save is worth it.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

Jesse....I am looking at the big picture and I see what you are saying.....but at the sametime look at it like this your playing with a toy car that you have probably well over 1000 bucks invested in it. And now you go to the track to play with it and you have to spend 30 bucks as you said to "walk in the door". If its that big of a deal to have to spend an extra 5 bucks to have place to race then your not getting the big picture. Look at it this way when go to buy gas for your real car do you think that the guy behind the counter should cut you a break b/c you fill your car up twice a week?.....No you paying for a service and you know what it cost to use this service. So now the service(Scotties track) that you so love to use needs to stay around so that is what the extra 5 bucks is for. And doesnt Scotty have punch cards that after 10 race nights or class' you get one night or class FREE???? You need to look at the bigger picture then what you are talking about...there is a reason that Scotty has his race fee at 15 bucks and thats because he wants to stay in business and keep the place open for us racers. And we all know that as soon as it gets warm out the place turns into a ghost town so that extra 5 bucks for about 6 to 8 months a year is worth it when you decide to stop playing with your gas buggy and want to race there it will still be there.....thats what Im trying to get across to you guys. I know all to well how much this hobby cost and I dont want to think about it but one thing that I will never question is how much it is to race as long as I have a place to race when I can race.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Kevin I agree with you but can't I still feel that its a little expensive? Anyone who has ever raced at trackside knows what a great place it is and you can tell by looking at it that its not cheap to operate. Of course we will all still support the track no matter what. I guess my biggest problem is I still remember when I could go racing for the whole night and only spend $12. 6$ for race entry, 4$ for a pizza and 1$ for a soda man those were the days....................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.