Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
I can't believe R/C's can't get on TV When__ can. >

I can't believe R/C's can't get on TV When__ can.

I can't believe R/C's can't get on TV When__ can.

Old 07-15-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

good reading. I guess it all depends on what you consider tv. there are several shows on right now. Just support them guys. I like www.rctvlive.com it does not bore the crap out of you. but there are others. i hope they show some of the rc pro series on. you cant beat money races.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Jspeed I can see why the Nitro guys did what they did. Isn't the SCCA racing for trophies? Money racing is not the answer. Budlight sponsored this RPS event.R/C could go after Coke or Pepsi when someone could get a plan.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:01 AM
Tech Regular

I'm afraid that 90% of sports pay for thier TV placement - including big series like CART and Indycar ..........

try - www.rcracing.tv for some bloody good RC action, though I would say that as I'm biased!
Old 07-16-2007, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Bullfrog,

Is the SCCA growing? Are there events on TV?

As far as the guys you’re talking about why don’t you tell everyone what “sanctioning body” and R/C organization they belong to? Tell the good people Bullfrog, I’m sure they all want to know!

While you’re at it, why not tell everyone on this thread the truth of why that organization doesn’t want money racing?

And Bullfrog, if you really want to be bold, why not tell everyone which manufacturer is going out of their way to undermine and boycott the racing activities I work on?

Ahhhh………. go ahead Bullfrog; let’s open the bucket of worms for everyone to see? Maybe it’s time for the RC world to know truth.

Yea…. Lets do it!
Old 07-16-2007, 05:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The SCCA is all amatures with prize money and the run offs can be seen on Speed TV each year. But non of it translates to RC.

http://www.auto-talk.net/autonews/ma...ory3900569.php
Old 07-16-2007, 06:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Bullfrog,

Is the SCCA growing? Are there events on TV?

As far as the guys you’re talking about why don’t you tell everyone what “sanctioning body” and R/C organization they belong to? Tell the good people Bullfrog, I’m sure they all want to know!

While you’re at it, why not tell everyone on this thread the truth of why that organization doesn’t want money racing?

And Bullfrog, if you really want to be bold, why not tell everyone which manufacturer is going out of their way to undermine and boycott the racing activities I work on?

Ahhhh………. go ahead Bullfrog; let’s open the bucket of worms for everyone to see? Maybe it’s time for the RC world to know truth.

Yea…. Lets do it!
Will you just tell us, the suspense is killing me
Old 07-16-2007, 08:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm not speaking for any manufacturer or organization.We know who your speaking for.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

It's not going to happen to the likes of everyone (especially the cry babies here...) an RC show is going to showcase all aspects of RC not just electric on road... There is NO MONEY in televising a carpet race or even a 10th scale outdoor race.. Not gonna happen.... Plus even as someone who races it bores me to death to watch...

When Inside RC comes back to a broadcast channel, WATCH IT! Email the channel and the sponsoring company telling them how much you love it and what else you'd like to see.... If you don't do this, quit your crying and go watch the world series of poker!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default www.rctvlive.com

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
It's not going to happen to the likes of everyone (especially the cry babies here...) an RC show is going to showcase all aspects of RC not just electric on road... There is NO MONEY in televising a carpet race or even a 10th scale outdoor race.. Not gonna happen.... Plus even as someone who races it bores me to death to watch...

When Inside RC comes back to a broadcast channel, WATCH IT! Email the channel and the sponsoring company telling them how much you love it and what else you'd like to see.... If you don't do this, quit your crying and go watch the world series of poker!!!

Amen and that goes for www.rctvlive.com and rccars in England. I think the majority of viewers just watch like a normal show and dont post. I know www.rctvlive.com gets a boat load of email because I am one of the one sending them. but they are good and have always answered mine. So support the shows that show RC.