I HEARD X-RAY IS COMING OUT WITH A NEW CAR IN FALL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I HEARD X-RAY IS COMING OUT WITH A NEW CAR IN FALL

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 03:22 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Wow, that was a great read. What a fantastic facility they have created there for testing.

Thanks to Brussel's they used everyones European handout's to finance it

there's no money in slovenia or slovakia were ever they are

PS;
<---- proud FK04 owner
Old 07-14-2007, 03:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Old 07-14-2007, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
Thanks to Brussel's they used everyones European handout's to finance it

there's no money in slovenia or slovakia were ever they are

PS;
<---- proud FK04 owner
Do you know that for a fact?
Old 07-14-2007, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by sosidge
Do you know that for a fact?
right from when they put plan's into action matey

state handout's
do you really think Xray done that out of there own pocket's !! do behave

answer to your question!! yes
your jealous i know some thing you don't

i`m just waiting for xray to ask Jason to do a chassis

once bitten twice shy
Old 07-14-2007, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

forgot
when Xray finish with that complex it be turned into a Tank complex
Old 07-14-2007, 05:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 259 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adamge
Here's the latest Xray TC news, straight from the man:
http://teamxray.com/teamxray/news/ne...%20Development
After reading that it is very apparent you will see a new, or at least improved, electric touring car in the future.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:51 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Wow, that was a great read. What a fantastic facility they have created there for testing.
Did you notice what they said about Lipo cells? I gathered that if legalized they will build a car around lipo cells. Kinda interesting.

EA
Old 07-14-2007, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Where can I pre-order a T2 '007 Lipo/Euro Spec?
Old 07-14-2007, 08:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Did you notice what they said about Lipo cells? I gathered that if legalized they will build a car around lipo cells. Kinda interesting.

EA
Yea, that was nice to see. Sometime in the future, we're all going to have to agree on a standard size for LiPo so car manufacturers know WTF they're working with.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rraden
After reading that it is very apparent you will see a new, or at least improved, electric touring car in the future.

Hope you are right

I have no problem with having a new/updated car for every season. I prefer this over to buying all kinds of "tuning options" every month. Usually I sell my year old car for 200 and add 200 to buy a new one every year. I think this is cheaper than replacing all the worn out parts - for sure it is if you look at xray spare parts prices...
Old 07-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The way I interpret that read is that they are kinda on a wait and see program, of course they are always testing, but it sounds to me like they don't want to make a big move until the rules settle down. All these changes to TC are making it difficult for the chassis manuf, not to mention hurting the class. IMO I don't think we will see a TC change from Xray till after the first of the year (that being said they will probably annoucne a new TC tomarrow )
Old 08-06-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Start flexing those rumour fingers...

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...sp%3fid%3d4920

In accordance with participants the electrical route car euro 07 in Montbrison, France, tests the team XRay a new car. This could not be photographed naturally. An eye-witness describes the car as follows:

' the car has longer wishbones, shorter absorbers, new divided upper deck, other supports, new belt in the back (dito Cyclone) and naturally a new chassis.'

Further details are at present not yet well-known.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

It's been obvious the last few years that Xray is aggressively pushing the leading edge of TC. As a potential consumer, it gets exhausting after a while. It's like, you have $450 cash in hand, and wonder when do you spend it. Everything they come out with is sweeter then the last. My next ride will be Xray. Seeing their facility, truly amazing. Gotta respect that.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Everyone talks about the Li-Po factor. If XRay is designing a new chassis, what if it isn't for Li-Po. What if it is to hold 5 cell packs rather than six. It may allow more space/room for electronics. 5 cell is less stress on all of your components and just as fast on midsize and smaller tracks. Almost as fast on a large track that most E.P. cars rarely race on. More and more mod racers are running/switching over to 5 cells. This years Reedy Race Invitational Class ran 5 cells. I believe some of the mod class did also. If that were the case. Manufacturers may start making everything for 5 cell and all of our 6 cell stuff would be obsolete.

P.S. Yea, yea I know "If" and "But" are the two biggest words in the world.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stratus Racer
Everyone talks about the Li-Po factor. If XRay is designing a new chassis, what if it isn't for Li-Po. What if it is to hold 5 cell packs rather than six. It may allow more space/room for electronics. 5 cell is less stress on all of your components and just as fast on midsize and smaller tracks. Almost as fast on a large track that most electrics rarely race on. More and more mod racers are running/switching over to 5 cells. If that were the case. Manufacturers may start making everything for 5 cell and all of our 6 cell stuff would be obsolete.

P.S. Yea, yea I know "If" and "But" are the two biggest words in the world.
Paco,
I have to disagree with ya....
Most guys running 5 cell are also running brushless. 5 cell in stock and 19T would be silly. My 13.5 hasn't gotten hotter than 145* and that is geared at 4.68FDR so with 5 cell I would have to gear at 2.4 which be impossible with the current TC layouts.
I think what you are going to be seeing come out of Xray is a 5 cell specific chassis, maybe some minor changes to where weight is located at.
For Lipo they would have to come up with a Losi'esck layout to really take advantage of that technology.
I am already running lipo with the 007 and it does just fine. Just have to add weight to the battery and the chassis to balance the car. Heck I had to add enough to balance the chassis left to right and front to rear. It drives just as good as if I was running Nimh, at least to me it does.
-Shookie <><
Will have to wait and see what comes out of RcAmerica...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.