Wiki Posts
Search

JACO Premounted Tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SoCalMitch
Tools are the ones that would pay $40 dollars for a set of tires.
yes they are.. thank goodness most pay $27-$32 actual retail.. and some of us buy them used for $5 a set for club racing..
Old 07-11-2007, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
no one says you gotta run 1 run tires...if eveyone is running rp30's that are 1 runs maybe you should run 36's....they may be faster but you will have just as much fun at a fraction of a price
Garrett, do rp36 really last longer than rp30?

<-- rubber newb
Old 07-11-2007, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chach
That is easily the most ignorant comment I may have ever heard.

Why is this ignorant? The customer is always is always right because the customer has the cash.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Why is this ignorant? The customer is always is always right because the customer has the cash.
So if I go to the grocery store and my cart rings up at $100, I can tell the cashier that they are charging too much and I'm only going to pay $75? I'm the customer, so I'm right....right?
Old 07-11-2007, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BBSpence
So if I go to the grocery store and my cart rings up at $100, I can tell the cashier that they are charging too much and I'm only going to pay $75? I'm the customer, so I'm right....right?

Yes you can tell the cashier that you are not going to pay and that you will find a better deal somewhere else.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chach
That is easily the most ignorant comment I may have ever heard.
There are no ignorant comments, just ignorant people...
Old 07-11-2007, 07:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Unless he is a tool.
Jack this simply isn't fair. I'M AT WORK! I just spit water all over my monitor and laughed hysterically. You shouldn't be allowed to rip someone like this no matter HOW WARRANTED it is...

The simple fact is that the industry is making it too easy for people to run fast, so it isn't appreciated. It used to be that you'd have to learn to setup a car properly, true the tires to a proper diameter, figure out ride height and roll out, do all the motor work, be able to discern what the speed control manufacturers really mean in their manuals in order to properly program your ESC, and I'm not even going to talk about the transmitters, or the ever changing battery rituals involving the latest chargers and dischargers. All of these things meant you were committed to going fast.

After being through that, you'd appreciate spending $40 (not many LHS actually charge full retail either) a carset for the convenience of pre-trued tires. Do any racers even mount their own foams anymore? No, because we are willing to pay the extra few bucks for the convenience.

Today we have people who can buy a maintenance free motor, pre-trued tires, NiMh chargers and dischargers that have automatic circuitry to prevent damage, Lipo packs that run all day and I think they're spoiled. Hobbies are fun, but they are also work. If you don't want to do the work to go fast then go RTR, or be willing to fork out a little more. Take your thumbs out of your mouthes and reach into your wallets because the stuff we are running now is so outrageously cool and all you (the whiners) are wanting something for nothing...

-Sean
Old 07-11-2007, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Yes you can tell the cashier that you are not going to pay and that you will find a better deal somewhere else.
What do I do if every grocery store tells me no to my offers? I now have a pocket full of cash, and no food to eat. I'm the paying customer that is always right, but every grocery store has told me I'm wrong.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

What do I do if every grocery store tells me no to my offers? I now have a pocket full of cash, and no food to eat. I'm the paying customer that is always right, but every grocery store has told me I'm wrong.
You then go to McDonald's and try to negotiate a better deal on a Big Mac, or 10 piece nugget.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

You think you wield more power than you actually do. If JACO was the only company selling pre-mounts for $40/set, then you could exercise your right as a consumer to buy something else cheaper or try to pressure us to lower the price. However, since EVERYONE is selling these tires at the same price, why don't you complain about "the price of tires" in general, rather than singling out my company?
If the average consumer only knew how difficult it is to remain relevant and profitable in this industry....
Old 07-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
You then go to McDonald's and try to negotiate a better deal on a Big Mac, or 10 piece nugget.
What if I don't think their food is healthy enough? I'm the paying customer that is always right, and I want them to change their menu to suit me, the paying customer.

SoCalMitch.....what should I do now? I'm getting very hungry.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What if I don't think their food is healthy enough? I'm the paying customer that is always right, and I want them to change their menu to suit me, the paying customer.

Try Burger King; where you can have it your way...
Old 07-11-2007, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

You could always go to Subway and try to chip away at their exorbitant price structure. Maybe you could even get a sandwich sponsor, like that Guy Jared did. Then you' wouldn't have to pay for a footlong veggie delite, or Sweet onion Chicken Teriyaki sub.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
You think you wield more power than you actually do. If JACO was the only company selling pre-mounts for $40/set, then you could exercise your right as a consumer to buy something else cheaper or try to pressure us to lower the price. However, since EVERYONE is selling these tires at the same price, why don't you complain about "the price of tires" in general, rather than singling out my company?
If the average consumer only knew how difficult it is to remain relevant and profitable in this industry....
C'mon Jack, weren't you supposed to do this rubber tire thing as some sort of charity function. You should be givin' these tires away!! You don't need to feed your family or pay your staff, right? Everyone knows after R&D, manufacturing, advertising, packaging, etc. you've only got around seventy-one cents a set in them........

Some people just don't understand economics, even it's simplest forms.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:16 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Big Macs are now just 49 cents for a limited time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.