R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   What makes you to decide to go race on the weekend? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/171785-what-makes-you-decide-go-race-weekend.html)

RCTVLIVE 07-09-2007 11:55 PM

What makes you to decide to go race on the weekend?

OK it is mid-week. Are you thinking about racing already? What drives you to get in the garage to work on your stuff to go race? What makes you decide to go racing this weekend? Are you on the fence sometimes - and if so what makes you go?

whoopass 07-10-2007 12:08 AM

hmm, 2 things...

1) the weather

2) how mad the missus will be, when I go racing on her weekend off.

sosidge 07-10-2007 12:26 AM

Racing is fun. That is reason enough.

racer34v 07-10-2007 02:46 AM

2) how mad the missus will be, when I go racing on her weekend off.[/quote]

thats all that keeps me from going on the weeks i dont....:flaming:

k£v!n 07-10-2007 03:01 AM

I race when ever I can get a lift to the track!

BullFrog 07-10-2007 03:11 AM

Simple for me:
1] How tired am I from this weeks work.
2] Are we going to be battling the Tamiya Tanks this weekend?
3] If not how far do I have to travel to get to a race.
4] If I'm going to Orlando for a club race - actually get up and go that Sunday morning.I'm all packed Saturday night.
5] The weather---Rain?
6] This weekend- nothing but the following weekend-7-22-07 possibly KRaceway.

Leodis 07-10-2007 08:20 AM

I think message boards can be a great tool for tracks because the local racers can get an idea of what classes and how many people will be racing that weekend. If a track's message board is really active during the week before race day, that usually translates into a good turnout. Overall, weather and message board activity are the two biggest factors for me when deciding whether or not I'm going to race...

rc-zombies 07-10-2007 08:27 AM

I race to relax..
it's my quiet time away from home...

A. Rhodes 07-10-2007 08:32 AM

The competition, hanging out with friends, and getting out of the house gets me to the track each and every week. I normally start thinking about next weeks racing while packing up for the night.

McSmooth 07-10-2007 08:34 AM

When my bottle of Thunderbird is empty.

SoCalMitch 07-10-2007 08:36 AM

I look at it from a different direction, what is going to stop me from racing on the weekend, not much.

BillyCaldwell 07-10-2007 09:07 AM

1. plans to race and kick it with my buds
2. long week and just want to get away from computer screens for a bit
3. im a sucker and love to race no matter how many times I think about quitting, I go back and get the bug again.

Kwikvdub 07-10-2007 09:50 AM

I think about it Monday morning. That's when my uneventful life begins............

........... I take care of my 16 month old boy during the day, while the wifey goes to work 9to5 and I work at night. I leave the house at 11:30pm and get back home at 8:30am to start all over again. And I work weekends too. That's why all the drivers always see me in uniform and bloodshot....... OH WELL!!

Racing is my escape and it's great therapy. With great Guys to mix it up with every week at the track, makes it so much more complete.:nod:

Can't wait for my fix this weekend!:sneaky:

RaceAce701 07-10-2007 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by A. Rhodes (Post 3471185)
The competition, hanging out with friends, and getting out of the house gets me to the track each and every week. I normally start thinking about next weeks racing while packing up for the night.

Originally Posted by BillyCaldwell (Post 3471290)
1. plans to race and kick it with my buds
2. long week and just want to get away from computer screens for a bit
3. im a sucker and love to race no matter how many times I think about quitting, I go back and get the bug again.

i agree woth both of u

i love racing and haging with friends at the track its always a break from reality

and no matter how pissed i may get the week befor i always come back

Marcos.J 07-10-2007 10:23 AM

If the wife lets me:D