Buying a new TC, need info about atech

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buying a new TC, need info about atech

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just got delivered today, will be testing once I get home, and putting up a review. Bear in mind, I have no experience with 4wd RC to draw from, so I will be comparing to my 2wd Stadium truck (Which is rigged for on-road use).

Karim
Old 07-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Don't forget to post some pics of the car.....................
Old 07-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by karim18
Ok, I bit the bullet, and ordered it... should be here on monday, will try
to upload detailed pics and post a review after I drop in the 27t motor (My local track only allows 27t) and add a few other mods

My review may be a bit funny though since I have only exp using Buggies and stadium trucks (Not much on-road yet, except drifting my rustler on asphalt).

Also, any tire/wheel recommendations for drifting on asphalt with this 4wd TC?

Last edited by Drewdc90; 07-17-2007 at 10:15 PM. Reason: didn't see for drifting
Old 07-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

okay guys, slapped in a 3300 NiMH pack into this TC (It comes with a 2000, but I had this already charged up, so why not?)...

Okay, so, I'm thinking I may have wasted a lot of money on my rustler, upgrading it for onroad use... this car beats the PANTS off of my Stadium Truck. It can be driven drift with only a few little tweaks (Using the stock tires at that). Its like a rocket, thats all I can say. I do not mean to give this car a glowing review until I put it up against a TC3/4/5 or an XRay, but with the stock motor, it totally OWNED my Rustler..LOL. and considering this car is built for onroad use, it handles really well, until I tweaked it for drift, it cornered like it was on rails man..

Pictures are coming soon, I got it with the Dodge Stratus body in Blue, but am ordering the same in Red (Gave this one to my little brother as his first REAL R/C car). Also, I did crash it several times during tests (Hey, I'm not used to asphalt yet...lol), and this thing took the abuse without anything breaking.

I know this sounds like I am trying to sell this car to you guys, but believe me, I'm not, I just REALLY like the handling and performance that this provides "Out of the Box", and from what I heard, "RC Car Driver" (I think thats the name?) has written up a good review on this as well.

Like, I said though, for $70 + $19 (Shipping), it was a GREAT deal for getting my little bro a car to get into drifting... even though I have already picked up $100 in hop-ups for this in the past few hours... LOL, I can't help myself, I'm an "Impulse Buyer"

Hopefully, I'll be able to get you guys some pics of this by tomorrow, will try to get detailed pics of components so you guys know how this thing is built.

Also, this came with oil shocks and bearings all-around stock (No extra $$ for these), and a few bags that seem to have several spur gears, and extra parts (again, will take pics for you guys)