R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   27turn vs. 23turn motors (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/17145-27turn-vs-23turn-motors.html)

evaa 04-27-2003 07:53 AM

27turn vs. 23turn motors

i was just wondering which is the better stock motor, the 27turns that roar uses or the 23turns that tamiya uses?

lem2 04-27-2003 08:11 AM

BOTH

both motors are good. 27T motors are Roar Rules while 23T motors is what they use in Japan (JMRCA).

actually they perform the same, its how you tune them that matters.

23 and 27 motors can out perform each other.

Just buy the one that will be used or allowed during a race.

Alvin 04-27-2003 08:28 AM

Which roar motor? If it's a reedy MVP i'd take that over the Tamiya stockers... but if I got a choice of Kawada 23Ts or HPI Super Stock 23ts vs the 27Ts, yeah I'd take the HPI =) I simply do not like the response of the Tamiya Type RR, The Type Ts are ok, just don't have the umph of the kawada/hpis I've tried.

JDM_DOHC_SiR 04-27-2003 11:25 AM

23T Stocks by Far!!

IF your going to use the 23T's then I would suggest that you By one of the following:D

Team Luna
Yokomo
Atlas
ORION or HPI (same motor inside)

These are Just a few of the Best;) :nod:

-Dave:sneaky:

Aku-Man 04-27-2003 12:31 PM

JDM_DOHC_SiR,

Do you know where can I get Team Luna motor on internet?

Pembalap 04-27-2003 08:03 PM

I personally think that the 23turns are faster in the straightaway, compare to the 27turns stockers.

For the 23 turns, I would reccomend the Team Luna and Team Atlas, with Laydown brush configuration.

I ran 23T Team Atlas motor, with 3300 batteries on my XXX-s and it last for almost 10 minutes....:D :D :D

Andreas

JDM_DOHC_SiR 04-28-2003 02:01 PM

Originally posted by Pembalap
I personally think that the 23turns are faster in the straightaway, compare to the 27turns stockers.

For the 23 turns, I would reccomend the Team Luna and Team Atlas, with Laydown brush configuration.

I ran 23T Team Atlas motor, with 3300 batteries on my XXX-s and it last for almost 10 minutes....:D :D :D

Andreas

I'll have to agree with you there the 23T Stocks have a bunch of power over the 27T stocks.:nod: and most of the ones I have have more getup and go than some of the 19T spec motors that I have:eek: :sweat: :lol: :D :nod: :sneaky:

Pembalap 04-28-2003 08:23 PM

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I'll have to agree with you there the 23T Stocks have a bunch of power over the 27T stocks.:nod: and most of the ones I have have more getup and go than some of the 19T spec motors that I have:eek: :sweat: :lol: :D :nod: :sneaky:

I really want to try the 19t motor, but nobody has them in my country....:(

A.W

JDM_DOHC_SiR 04-29-2003 01:56 PM

Originally posted by Pembalap
I really want to try the 19t motor, but nobody has them in my country....:(

A.W

sorry to here that you can`t get the 19T spec motors in your country...:rolleyes: have you tried mail order yet??

Herminator 04-29-2003 02:12 PM

No one in the UK runs 23T motors as a stock or spec class, 27T stock is very popular as is 12T limit mod and now 19T spec. This means we get the usual fast 27T stock motors that have beinfited from years of development in trying to get as much performance out of them as possible. The 23T motors available are cheap and many places don't even sell them, a good stock is much faster than whats available in the UK, even better than most mod motors upto 18T, although now 19T spec has brought in some good motors for the class which are obviously faster.
A lot of racers feel that stock 27T should be allowed to use bearings now, rather than bushings, since the price difference is minimal for a good gain in efficiency and it's one less thing for cheaters to try using.