R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-29-2007, 01:51 PM   #31
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I would look into getting a billy-goat type blower to clean track. It is a walk behind high speed blower made for cleaning asphalt prior to seal-coating. Painting Pete up at PNP hobbies in Palm Bay uses this type blower. Alex mentioned after he ran there that it was loose. I also looked at the track about a month ago the ac or liquid asphalt is wearing away and the rock is exposed more now which causes top layer to ravel. Thats why it starts looking white ,not black. Many coats of sugar help, but a light coat of sealer might be needed in the future. Sealer can also reduce traction, but sand should be added to sealer ,which helps. Hope this helps, good luck!!!!
AJ DiPirro

T.O.P. Racing U.S.A. / Serpent America / EA Motorsports / Team Epic / Trinity
P3 Graphics / RC3 Grafix / Adco Paving Inc / Team Butter
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:33 PM   #32
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by A. Rhodes View Post
This is not the finished cart, I have since added a Mesh Wall Cart to pull the sprayer with. The sprayer is a Fimco Economy Spot Sprayer, model# LC-15-EC, with the custom boom mount w/ six tips.
One of our guys made a sprayer using a fuel cell, an old race car fuel pump, and 4 sprinkler head nozzles. Similar idea to yours but we are still tweaking ours to get a fine enough spray pattern. Right now it's coming out kinda of streaky. The cool thing though is it was made mostly out of spare parts he had lying around collecting dust so cost next to nothing to build.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote