Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ESC forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2001, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

WOW! But how does it perform? Durability? Where are the specs, and price? Can it be repaired in the US?
Old 11-08-2001, 03:32 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Speedo - accually read before you post. If you noticed he put a link below the image
Old 11-08-2001, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

The thing is tiny.

Our National Pro 10 Champ uses it and one of the best TC drivers now uses this one too, and he's very happy with it. It performs very well, very good brakes (not just powerful, but very programable too).

It switches off by holding the brakes down for 5 or 6 seconds.

I was surprised to see that robi recomends 9 or higher motors. I was expecting it to be similar to the LRP Quantum in specs, but it's a little below that.

I understand that Trinity represents Robi in the US. I don't know if they sell it there or if the service is good.

A very interesting alternative if you live in Europe (12T limit) because the price is very good. I saw it selling for roughly 100 USD in an online hobby shop in Germany. I'm not sure what happens on the US market with Trinity

And it's so cute....

Last edited by antoniop; 11-08-2001 at 04:20 PM.
Old 11-08-2001, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, I noticed that later Troy. I went to the robi site anyway. Everything looks good, cept the resistance is about twice that of the Novak or LRP.
Old 11-08-2001, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Next project-an "atom" in a BRP "DaBug"

That Robitronics speedo looked nice.9 turns is the limit? I like that optional software though.I don't know I think I just stick with Novak-never had a problem with em.

Has anyone tried that CS Electronics "CS Rocket" speedo?
Old 11-08-2001, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I run the RocketMax in my Losi. It's a great speedo for me, all the adjustments I need without an external programming device. There is an optional PC interface for even more customization possibilities, but I haven't tried that yet.

The two features I like most about are coast power and variable drive frequency. The coast power is sort of like coast brake, only instead of brake it leaves jsut a bit of pwoer to the motor when you let off. I use it in stock class to help the car roll through the corners better.

Variable frequency when activated changes the drive frequency of the speedo in response to the speed of your trigger finger. Move the trigger in a slow smooth fashion and you get high frequency smooth response. Yank a bunh of trigger quickly and it shifts to low frequency for the most punch.

Trips
Old 11-08-2001, 07:16 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by spooky
TFR.... I do not mean to be off topic here... but why are you looking for such a nice speedo for your Micro ? I know that the GM V4 -6 series is whole lot cheaper and just as small if not smaller ? you could buy 3 V4's for the price of the competiton

I personally have an old novak exlporer in mine.
Just curious
Oh, is just that...I think i will use it for my TC too afterward...

I heard there is problems for GM V4-6 on the micro being the throttle not work on those motor...that's what i heard...not sure...

Ya, you are right about the price....

I might just go and get the Robitronic spirit...HA>..
Old 11-10-2001, 08:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Which wire (+/-) first do you first pull out of the battery ?
Some says it's save to pull out the positive side first.
Old 11-10-2001, 08:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by joyrider
Which wire (+/-) first do you first pull out of the battery ?
Some says it's save to pull out the positive side first.
doesnt matter, pull either one of them will make the circuit opened.
Old 11-10-2001, 08:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Comments on the new KO speedo with variable drive frequency - VFS-2000 . What about the Keyance Zero Extreme? I'm looking for a new speedo and are looking at these two as possibilities along with the CS Rocket.
Old 11-10-2001, 09:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Manticore

doesnt matter, pull either one of them will make the circuit opened.

But my GM V12 manual instructs to pull out the negative wire first.
I think pulling out the neg wire first will limit the current flows into the esc, since electrical current flows from pos to neg ?
Old 11-10-2001, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

It doesn't matter which you pull, current only flows when there's a complete circuit. Any disconnection anywhere along the circuit and there's no current flow anywhere in the circuit.

Trips
Old 11-10-2001, 10:48 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Any of you guys had any experience with the Keyence ZeroV Extreme. I was considering one for next racing season, but I wanted to hear a little about it.

I know all the specs and all that. What I want to know is how does it perform in stock and modified. How hot does it get. Does it really work without a schottky or power cap like like Keyence says it does.

In general, just let me know what you think of it and if its worth the price.

The only problem I see with it are those horrible wires! Why does Keyence use those colors anyway?
Old 11-10-2001, 04:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Darkside
Any of you guys had any experience with the Keyence ZeroV Extreme. I was considering one for next racing season, but I wanted to hear a little about it.

I know all the specs and all that. What I want to know is how does it perform in stock and modified. How hot does it get. Does it really work without a schottky or power cap like like Keyence says it does.

In general, just let me know what you think of it and if its worth the price.

The only problem I see with it are those horrible wires! Why does Keyence use those colors anyway?
ESC of this brand make radio glitching easily................
Old 11-10-2001, 05:20 PM
Tech Addict

hello, Manticore. i dont have the glitching problem at all! dont let Mars see this.. that ESC is his favorite... hehe
Darkside: it is a really good speed control, i don't use the cap and i dont have any problem. about those wires, they are made from pure silver or have more silver content than other wires. they are expensive, i think they are 9bucks for 2 one foot in a package. they conduct electricity better.. that is if i can tell a different

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.