R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Taboo Trackside Exploits and the Modern Racer (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/169234-taboo-trackside-exploits-modern-racer.html)

McSmooth 06-21-2007 12:08 PM

Taboo Trackside Exploits and the Modern Racer

The long awaited next chapter in the Modern Racer series.....Taboo Trackside Exploits.

This would consist of things at the R/C track, intentional or not, that are frowned upon by the racing populus.

Maybe you think it's amusing to simulate the "sound of the tone" seconds before the actual tone goes off.

Possibly you're the kind of guy that finds joy in putting Shoe-Goo on the toilet seat in the Port-a-John.

Or perhaps you unintentionally have the grilled catfish platter delivered to the crowded pit area for lunch on a hot day.

If you're interested in additional topics in the "Modern Racer" series, click on the following links:

Inappropriate Touching and the Modern Racer

Calisthenics and the Modern Racer

Discuss.

Josh Cyrul 06-21-2007 12:15 PM

How about the music that was played at the Stock Invitational... Definatly frowned upon by the racing populus!!!:nod::lol::sneaky:

seaball 06-21-2007 12:17 PM

josh, i couldn't agree more. ;)

at our local track, we have folks who deliberately contaminate the air near the driver's stand to affect competitors performance.

McSmooth 06-21-2007 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul (Post 3419459)
How about the music that was played at the Stock Invitational... Definatly frowned upon by the racing populus!!!:nod::lol::sneaky:

Adding the following address to the "Gate's Greatest Hits" CD mailing list:

CEFX Raceway
5717 E. Executive Dr.
Westland, MI 48185

(Was it the music that was bad, or was it Drew's stirring rendition of Sophie B. Hawkins' timeless classic, 'Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover'?)

CypressMidWest 06-21-2007 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by McSmooth (Post 3419463)
Adding the following address to the "Gate's Greatest Hits" CD mailing list:

CEFX Raceway
5717 E. Executive Dr.
Westland, MI 48185

(Was it the music that was bad, or was it Drew's stirring rendition of Sophie B. Hawkins' timeless classic, 'Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover'?)

Dear God, I couldn't be any more disappointed that I missed that race.

McSmooth 06-21-2007 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by seaball (Post 3419460)
at our local track, we have folks who deliberately contaminate the air near the driver's stand to affect competitors performance.

May I suggest that your local establishment purchase an Ionic Breeze Germicidal Air Purifier from The Sharper Image.

http://images.sharperimage.com/all/e.../si724_pip.jpg

McSmooth 06-21-2007 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest (Post 3419471)
Dear God, I couldn't be any more disappointed that I missed that race.

For your joyous participation in this thread, you will also receive a complimentary copy of the aforementioned "Greatest Hits" CD.

I'm quite certain all the racers at the 28th Annual US Indoor Championships will be inspired by the smooth sounds of Jermaine Stewart during their respective practice sessions.

Josh Cyrul 06-21-2007 12:32 PM

seaball - It didn't seem to work that well...lmao..:sneaky:

McSmooth - Great!! I could use a new frisbee to throw around the shop!!:lol:

As far as Drew's singing - No matter what he sings it is considered Trackside Taboo!!

CypressMidWest 06-21-2007 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by McSmooth (Post 3419488)
For your joyous participation in this thread, you will also receive a complimentary copy of the aforementioned "Greatest Hits" CD.

I'm quite certain all the racers at the 28th Annual US Indoor Championships will be inspired by the smooth sounds of Jermaine Stewart during their respective practice sessions.

Fan-Freakin'-Tastic, The Gate Sondtrack at the the Holiday Inn Independence. Wow, Jermaine Stewart......dialled.

sportpak 06-21-2007 12:42 PM

"Letting the smoke out" on the drivers stand is the worst unless it's me doing it:sneaky:. The portable dvd players can get distracting in the pits when 5 different people are running them and 20 people are trying to watch.

Leodis 06-21-2007 12:59 PM

My favorite is the cool guys who mash down on the trigger every time they end up on their lid even though the race director explicitly tells people not to do that. Whenever I corner marshall those guys, I just stare at their truck until they quit doing it.:D

HarshGuy 06-21-2007 01:02 PM

Grown men wearing dresses at large races.

timmay70 06-21-2007 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by HarshGuy (Post 3419557)
Grown men wearing dresses at large races.

And as painful as it was to watch that, it was sadistically amusing. I found it more entertaining than the 'BQ' hat.

Unregistered 06-21-2007 01:15 PM

I prefer sending women's clothing "of man sized proportions" to guys at the big races. Preferrably to the track and marked please open immediately.

swopemike 06-21-2007 02:51 PM

Smooth,

Taboo: blowing up batteries in the pits :weird:

Seeing a 4200 pack go up this weekend (failed to vent properly) really put me on edge the rest of the night. Would be funnier if it wasn't true. I have a lot more respect for these things now.

Ask around this W/E, the culprit and his sidekick (also an experienced battery blower upper from last year) may fess up to what happened.... :lol: I never did get the story of why, maybe I'll find out next weekend, in any case, my new pit spot is STAYING on the other side of the track for sure now.