Wiki Posts
Search

Deans' on a 16X7 Pro Charger

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default Deans' on a 16X7 Pro Charger

Whats Up Gang?!?!?
I'm wanting to install some Dean's Connectors directly on the leads coming out of my charger but I have a concern. On the Integy 16X7 Pro there are actually 2 wires for the pos and 2 wires for the neg. Now they both run to the Alligator clip but they run to different legs on the clip. Can I just twist these things together and run them directly to a Deans connector? Whats is the second wire on each lead for??? Any input is appreciated!!!
Kevin
Old 04-22-2003, 09:05 AM
Tech Initiate

The second smaller lead is for the sensor. I dont think it would work if you twisted them together. I would just leave them and make an adapter which is very easy. All you have to do is solder about an inch of wire to the pos. and the neg. of the deans plug and make sure that the wires have enough solder in them that they are not bendable and make sure that they are angled away from each other. then when you want to charge a battery just plug the adapter into the battery and clip on the charger leads.
hope this helps
Old 04-22-2003, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Micro, Thats exactly how I'm doing it right now. My problem is with my GP3300's i get a lot of false peaks. I'm at threshold of 30mv for the pack and it still false peaks occasionally so i wanted to rule out and variable like bad connection but if that second wire is a sensor of some sort best not to screw with it!!! Thanks for getting back to me!!!!
Kevin
Old 04-22-2003, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

It will not hurt to twist them together, they are basically already that way even though they are one oppossite sides of the alligator clip. The second wire as micro speed stated is how the charger obtains information on the battery during charging or discharging.

Hope this helps,