R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Which one HELIOS or 3PK Super??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/168300-one-helios-3pk-super.html)

MACH55 06-15-2007 09:44 AM

Which one HELIOS or 3PK Super???

I'm changing up from an M11 and trying to decide which one to go for next.

How does the 3PK Super feel compared to the HELIOS, any preferences?

Is one better than the other?

or8ital 06-15-2007 10:09 AM

I had a 3PK and switched to a Hitec Agressor SRX and drive much better :) True story.

CRASH 06-15-2007 10:43 AM

I have had the M11, HELIOS and 3PK and can honestly say all 3 radios perform flawlessly and I settled on the 3PK just because it felt better to me then the other 2 did.

I would go with what feels better.

Later,:)

qwkpony 06-15-2007 10:46 AM

They are both excellent radios with similar capabilities. It comes down to personal preference.
I'd recommend that you go to your LHS or race track and hold both. See which feels more comfortable in your hands.
This is what I did and I found that the Helios with the drop down option was most comfortable. I no longer really think about how I'm handling the radio while racing and can concentrate fully on driving the car. My lap times improved.

Yeti35 06-15-2007 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by qwkpony (Post 3401612)
They are both excellent radios with similar capabilities. It comes down to personal preference.
I'd recommend that you go to your LHS or race track and hold both. See which feels more comfortable in your hands.
This is what I did and I found that the Helios with the drop down option was most comfortable. I no longer really think about how I'm handling the radio while racing and can concentrate fully on driving the car. My lap times improved.

I agree with him, it is all about how it feels in your hand and how well it works for you. I have the Helios as well but don't have the wheel accessary and it feels fine to me the way it is. I don't even think about my radio anymore and pay more attention to the car.

civiceg 06-15-2007 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by MACH55 (Post 3401486)
I'm changing up from an M11 and trying to decide which one to go for next.

How does the 3PK Super feel compared to the HELIOS, any preferences?

Is one better than the other?

whats wrong with ur m11?why change radio?

dakrat 06-15-2007 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by civiceg (Post 3402580)

im scratching my head too :confused:

GymBeam 06-15-2007 09:55 PM

coz 1st and 2nd at his track uses the helios and 3pk :sweat:

civiceg 06-16-2007 01:48 AM

how about a nomadio react? anyone? comments?

scoyle 06-16-2007 03:47 AM

I have just changed from a Helios to the 3PK. I initially did it because I wanted a change but feel I made a good move - the 3PK steering just feels smoother and it just feels better ballanced. On the other hand the Helios menu navigation is (in my opinion) easier.

As someone else suggested try them out and if you can try them with batteries in so you can see which feels better for you - if you have to hold a transmitter for a half hour nitro final you want to get the one that feels better!!

jon123 06-16-2007 08:23 AM

3PKS

I had an M11 and switched to the 3PKS and have never been happier. The feel and features, in my opinion, are the best of the three top radios (3PK, Helios and M11). I also find it extremely easy to navigate through the menu - it has a direct select feature where with just hitting two buttons you access each of your most used options (expo, speed, etc.).

Also everyone who uses Futaba's FASST system says it's a huge improvement over Spektrum.

If you do decide to go with Futaba there's a bulk buy for the transmitter and FASST system going on in the For Sale thread. The guy who's doing it has done a few in the past and he keeps getting demand for more.

MACH55 06-16-2007 10:16 AM

I just want something new, the M11 is great but I've had it for 2 yrs now.

civiceg 06-16-2007 06:21 PM

so u selling ur m11?

MACH55 06-16-2007 06:34 PM

Sold already on Ebay :D

I just picked up a HELIOS and waiting to see if there is a group buy still going on for the 3PKS w/ FASST. I'll compare both and depending on feel one will be up for sale.

yyhayyim 06-16-2007 07:38 PM

M11: I love the screen layout- its large and makes it easier to view and change settings faster and easier than most other systems. Its got the lastest features and programing and its fast...however, its very heavy compared to the other radios.

KO/JR Z-1: ergonomics are bit better than the m11. Its much lighter than the M11 and has all the features and lastest innovations and programing. But, it has normal, high speed and advanced high speed transmition modes, which the M11 doesnt have.

3PK/FAST- the fast system is just as good as the Spektrum system. Its supersmooth and extremely reliable. However, if you have Spektrum, you cant use your 3PK in HRS mode...only in PPM. The KO Helios or JR Z-1 with Spektrum can trasmit in high speed modes...the M11 doesnt have "high speed" or HRS modes...