Andy Moore wins the Much-More UK GP!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andy Moore wins the Much-More UK GP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Niels Koenekoop came over from Holland and ran the new Serpent touring car, the S400 - I was very impressed with it!

Last edited by Dan415ms; 06-13-2007 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dan415ms
Much-More UK announced they were selling them at event prices (as many as you wanted to buy) at the end of the day on Sunday, I only have used ones left in my hauler. Most of the top guys gave the club a bag full of them for the junior members which was nice. I don't have any new sets left though.
Shame

Good of the guys to do that though!
Old 06-13-2007, 10:29 AM
Tech Addict

i found the tire gripped better than any other tire i have run for 3 laps then they dropped off to what an rp 30 would be like. Although the tire 'felt' like it gave good grip for 4-5 runs the lap times sufferd but they still felt well balanced.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

http://www.muchmoreracing.com/much-m...-pictures.html
Old 06-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool

Hi,I just want to know what motors the guys ran in 19T?I saw there were a whole bunch that used the Atlas motors,but which one?Where can i buy the motors on the net.What motors seemed to be the fastest?Thanks for the the nice pics,all of you.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TOP Racer
Hi,I just want to know what motors the guys ran in 19T?I saw there were a whole bunch that used the Atlas motors,but which one?Where can i buy the motors on the net.What motors seemed to be the fastest?Thanks for the the nice pics,all of you.
The Axiom Atlas's can be bought from Smartracing.co.uk
Old 06-13-2007, 02:24 PM
Tech Addict

i think it was a split between the new element/peak or the atlas. Also alan bickerstaff used a checkpoint
Old 06-13-2007, 02:36 PM
JL
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default BIG THANKS

What a great weekend but man am I exhausted!

As a local club racer can I just say that it's absolutely brilliant to see some of the biggest names in rc going around my home track ..... bit depressing when the top guy is 2 SECONDS A LAP QUICKER THAN ME!!! The fact that ANDY MOORE is the World Champion is some consolation!

Also I want to say a big thank you to Keith at Much More UK for making it such a great event. I know you've put a huge amount of time, effort and money into this event. Even my girlfriend thought it was a great event. High praise indeed mate!
Old 06-13-2007, 03:01 PM
JL
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As a spectator, to me it didn't look like any of the top 3 drivers (Element laydown, Atlas, Checkpoint) had a horsepower advantage. Stonehaven's my local track and I personally like the Atlas and have been using it for about a year. However at a club round you'll see Reedy quads, Atlas', C2s, Elements and V2s in the A-final. I have to say that I've never lacked horsepower there except when I accidently geared it at 5.8 instead of 4.8 at the last club round
Old 06-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

If you're looking for power it's the corally you want. More precisely, a BRM corally .

Well, that is if you consider a 19T to have any power, which i don't.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

any videos from this event?
Old 06-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I would really like to have a DVD from this race!
I will trade Reedy Race 07 DVDs for it.
[email protected]
Old 06-14-2007, 12:19 AM
Tech Regular

Default Videos

I will be posting some videos online in the next couple of days once I receive some footage from the guys who were filming, it will make for amazing viewing, you should have seen the racing action and speeds the top guys were reaching!

Also, a friend of mine video'd all of the A finals and is making a DVD so once that is done I'll post on here.

Cheers,

Dan
Old 06-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Skiddins
How did this tyre and insert compare with other makes, RP30, RP24, CS22 etc.

Skiddins
The control tyre was better than I thought it was going to be and very consistent after the initial drop off (which for me was about 2 laps).

The TC3 had a tendency to understeer with these tyres where as the TC5 seemed well balanced on them. Never used a tyre with such a big air gap and found that I needed to run more front camber because I was running on the sidewall . Never seen a R/C car tyre wear like these, leaving lots of little `marbles` in the car. Although I found the wear rate to be pretty high I did manage to use one set the whole weekend but there is pretty much no rubber left, where as I'd get 3/4 meetings out of CS22s at club rounds.

Overall not a bad tyre and I'll be giving it another bash to compare them to CS22s.

Was a great weekends racing and very nice to see so many high class drivers make the trip to our club. Although a little scary to see Andy Moore put in a 16.36, which I think it about 1.6 secs quicker than my best lap with the TC3 .

Looking forward to the next one but this one is going to be a hard one to beat, you've set the goal posts pretty high this year Dan
Old 06-14-2007, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Received some feedback from the top guys, they were very impressed with the tyres especially as they could do 3 fast runs with them and the tyres were still good following these runs.

I'll be using them at club rounds for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.