Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 Snowbird Nationals >

2008 Snowbird Nationals

2008 Snowbird Nationals

Old 12-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

RCThunder...

Has the rules and specs been set for the F1 class? I am wondering so i can go ahead and get my car rdy
Old 12-28-2007, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

RC Thunder you have PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by barrys
any idea when you will publish the order the classes will run in?
I'm curious to see the class order also. I'm hoping for something similar to this:

1-1/12th GTP Stock
2-Touring 27T Stock Foam
3-1/12th GTP 19T
4-Touring 27T Stock Rubber
5-Touring 19T Foam
6-1/12th GTP Modified
7-Touring Outlaw Rubber
8-Touring Modified Foam
9-F1 Expo

There are popular classes that a lot of drivers run in pairs to maximize track time. Like Touring Stock Foam & 19T Foam, Touring 19T & Touring Mod, 1/12th Mod & Touring Mod, Touring Stock Rubber & Touring Outlaw Rubber. It helps out if there is a class put in between these classes to give drivers more time to be ready. Especially since some drivers are using the same car for two classes and need time to change out motors/batteries to run their 2nd class.

Something tells me Mike and the crew know all about that already!
Old 12-28-2007, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Mike when are you going to post the cost of motors for the race?
Old 12-28-2007, 09:59 AM
Tech Addict

some of us care about Oval also...

As an aside to the below, a lot of folks run both 1/12th stock and 27T stock foam.

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
I'm curious to see the class order also. I'm hoping for something similar to this:

1-1/12th GTP Stock
2-Touring 27T Stock Foam
3-1/12th GTP 19T
5-Touring 19T Foam
6-1/12th GTP Modified
7-Touring Outlaw Rubber
8-Touring Modified Foam
9-F1 Expo

There are popular classes that a lot of drivers run in pairs to maximize track time. Like Touring Stock Foam & 19T Foam, Touring 19T & Touring Mod, 1/12th Mod & Touring Mod, Touring Stock Rubber & Touring Outlaw Rubber. It helps out if there is a class put in between these classes to give drivers more time to be ready. Especially since some drivers are using the same car for two classes and need time to change out motors/batteries to run their 2nd class.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

where do i get the handouts from,When i get there can i pay for the here
Old 12-28-2007, 06:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Your handout gets picked up at the race check in area. They will record your motor numbers and hand you your race packet.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Hello everyone. Had a big trip today to the hotel. All I can say is WOW! The place is incredible. Many additions since I was there a couple months back... all I can say it is going to one awesome week of racing and most important a wonderful place to stay and enjoy some fun in the sun here in Florida. So much to do up and down 192, as I counted 4 go-cart tracks, every food place imaginable, and all the regular tourist stuff. Some of you might not be getting a rent-a-car which is fine as Kissimmee has a killer bus system that picks up in front of the hotel and drops off at all the spots. Old-Town was having their weekly car show tonight with 100's of classic cars cruising, just a mile from the track. http://floridakiss.com/ is a great site to see what is around.

I tested the in room TV network and it was working great... we will have webcam, audio, scoring window, and some info scrolling on bottom (like top 10's etc we hope). Should be awesome for you in your rooms. It also will be pumped all over the hotel (lobby, bar, etc). Sweeet.

Remember they have free wireless Internet and a free business center with computers. And they do allow pets (some have emailed asking).

Motor/Tire prices will be up in few days... we are going to start handing them out Monday night of the race, and also doing general check-ins. We have some free stuff this year again you get with your entry.

Class order, we are working on. That will be out before the race for sure.... still a week or so away on that.

Entries are coming in good. I expect a big rush after the holiday. This is always the case. We expect the best 'birds ever with many great years to come at the new location (we hope). The staff there is first class and it is a true pleasure working with them (they are excited to have us).

Racing this year is going to once again be awesome with a few new classes, some cool expos, and all the top teams and racers in attendence once again. Got a few things cooking for additional coverage that is exciting. In case you have not seen the video's on YouTube, there is a link on our home page. The Touring Mod from last year was incredible.

If anyone has questions please email me as I don't always get on here... [email protected]

If I don't post until 2008 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

http://www.snowbirdnationals.com

Mike
Old 12-30-2007, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShaunMac

1-1/12th GTP Stock
2-Touring 27T Stock Foam
3-1/12th GTP 19T
5-Touring 19T Foam
6-1/12th GTP Modified
7-Touring Outlaw Rubber
8-Touring Modified Foam
9-F1 Expo

[QUOTE from Barry]As an aside to the below, a lot of folks run both 1/12th stock and 27T stock foam.[/QUOTE]

last year I ran both classes and was done racing by 9am thrusday and friday with only one round each day like we did last year. would like to see it mixed up a bit more. just my .02c
Old 12-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hey Mike you have a PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mike you have Email

Joe
Old 01-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Woo Hoo, less than a month
Old 01-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

The calm before the storm!! Got about 100 entries to add hopefully tommorrow... emails coming in from all over. Everyone is getting Snowbird fever!! Can't wait, this should be the best one yet.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Things are really starting to come together.... got an entry update tonight but this doesn't include ones from the past couple days. If you have questions and believe you should be on the list please e-mail me: [email protected]. I still have a long list here of incomplete entries waiting finalization...

Right now 31 states represented and 8 countries of racers. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

We are not full... so get those entries in. We ARE going to limit entries once again so don't wait (only about 1/3 of sponsors drivers in it looks like....). The schedule is set to be real relaxed this year and enjoy the new venue, all the racing action, and the awesome Orlando area.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

We there yet

Last edited by John Tag; 01-03-2008 at 05:34 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.