Wiki Posts
Search

what brushless is apporved for your club

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default what brushless is apporved for your club

does your club racing allow brushless? if so is it based on the motor or the esc? what class can you run with brushless? stock, 19t, mod, spec ??
Old 06-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

more then likely .. brushless classes are ran as that ..Brushless .. stock 13.5 BL .. 4300 BL (supposed to be equal to 19t .. then Mod what ever you fancy .. Some clubs allow BL to run with Brushed depending on entries for that class ... Really depends on the Clubs , and the amount of enteries for BL and Brushed .... might want to get intouch with your track or tracks and ask them as everyone has there own rules ...
Old 06-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

does your response mean the motors need to novak? our tracks are tip toeing around the idea. on the carpet last winter the only brushless was novak for 1/12 and 1/10 but 1/18 had a bunch of different esc and motors and motor sizes. the more input the better.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

as far as i know, we can only run the 13.5 with stock and the 10.5 with 19 turn at speedworld, so Novak only in those classes. now i'm not sure what they run in the mod class, but i think i heard of somebody running one of the mamba's

Harshguy should be able to answer that one

vic
Old 06-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Our club just approved brushless in the spec motor classes. Rule heres:
http://www.sarcarclub.com/resources/SARCAR+Rules-00.pdf
Old 06-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DriftDreamer06
does your response mean the motors need to novak? our tracks are tip toeing around the idea. on the carpet last winter the only brushless was novak for 1/12 and 1/10 but 1/18 had a bunch of different esc and motors and motor sizes. the more input the better.
my response is from .. noticing that Novak has had more Notice then others whom have Brushless systems out there . .... just an observation from racing at diffrent tracks and reading the forums here on r/c tech ...
Old 06-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

We let people use a Novak 13.5 in the stock class.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

brushless for racing.....

how cool would nascar be if all the cars were running brushless motors...not very!

I understand brushless is going to take over and it may be better for the sport in the long run....

but I think its GAY!

Brushless should be for RTR only!!!!!
Old 06-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

they might as well be brushless, they are running the brushless equal for bodys, they all look the same to me, not like "back in the day" when you could tell one brand from another,

on the motor thing, brushless can run in mod around here without any problem, the off road track allows the 13.5 in stock, and on road we have a 13.5 only class. "IN MY OPINION" the novak 13.5 is faster then a ROAR stock motor. for the majority of us running the 13.5 class we are going a couple of tenths faster then with a stock motor.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

what's "apporved" mean....?
Old 06-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

I don't know if this is the only BL allowed or not, but everyone runs novak.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

At the club I'm racing at, it only took one person with a 13.5 to come out and practice with us for everyone but two racers to figure out that the was the setup to have. Now the everyone is using the a Novak 13.5 setup and its making for excellent racing!
Old 06-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
they might as well be brushless, they are running the brushless equal for bodys, they all look the same to me, not like "back in the day" when you could tell one brand from another,

on the motor thing, brushless can run in mod around here without any problem, the off road track allows the 13.5 in stock, and on road we have a 13.5 only class. "IN MY OPINION" the novak 13.5 is faster then a ROAR stock motor. for the majority of us running the 13.5 class we are going a couple of tenths faster then with a stock motor.
And if those near you are using it with the sintered rotor, then of course it'll be faster than a ROAR-legal stock(those rotors, are MUCH stronger than the original bonded ones, which is why Novak uses them in ALL of their BL motors. But with the bonded rotor, the 13.5 in the car runs VERY close to a brushed stock. Which is why at our track we're allowing the 13.5 in stock, but only with the bonded rotor, & when it's geared the way you have to(if you gear it purely for speed, it'll overheat & go into thermal shutdown, so we have to gear it based on temps, & set up that way, they run so similarly to brushed stocks it's hard to tell who's running it & who's not), it works VERY nicely. That being said, I would really LOVE to use thesintered rotor, but we'd have to change the rules to allow hotter brushed motors to compensate, which I don't think is going to happen(though I'd really like to see 13.5 with sintered rotors run with 23 turn brushed ones, I suspect it'd be a GREAT matchup).....
Old 06-11-2007, 12:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by STARSCREAM
brushless for racing.....

how cool would nascar be if all the cars were running brushless motors...not very!

I understand brushless is going to take over and it may be better for the sport in the long run....

but I think its GAY!

Brushless should be for RTR only!!!!!
So you prefer the less powerful, high maintenance brushed motors?
nascar would even gayer than it already is if they were running brushed electric motors.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:12 AM
Tech Adept

just a question because in France we are looking for opportunities of allowing brushless in other classes than mod.

For those who allow the brushless in stock or 19T classes, have you a way to control these brusless motors?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.