Wiki Posts
Search

licenced bodys

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default licenced bodys

I was just wondering how you guys feel about not real car bodys like the DNA. I think soon they will take over because of the high price of licencing.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

I think it's fine. DNA is a good looking body. No reason they can't make them look similar to real cars. As long as they don't get out of hand like 1/8th bodies. They don't even look remotely real.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I agree the DNA 1 & 2 are good looking bodies, they almost look like the Mazda 6 variation. I think your right Branden, licensing of these bodies is expensive, I am sure Protofrom already knows what makes a body like the Mazda 6 work and can recreate that in another body without having to pay them for licensing, maybe they could even make them cheaper.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The Nemisis is pretty similar to the mazda bodys.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Tech Initiate

if it looks like a muscle car and its fairly detailed, then it doesnt matter to me if its licensed or not
Old 06-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Put me down as someone who would prefer to see liscensed bodies stay in racing. I just like the idea of racing something that is based off a real car. Not that it'll stop me from racing.

Heck, in my ideal little fantasy world, everyone would ditch the current body list and adpot the Tamiya Championship Series body list. I have the say, the TCS race I went to this year was the coolest looking race I have ever seen. I mean the GT1 and GT2 A-mains had 4,5, maybe even 6 different body styles (NSX, Ferrari 360 and 430, Corvettes, Skylines, MR-S, etc.). Definetly cool.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

It is up to everyone here. The auto manufacturers can do what they want, but if people want realistic then the hobby industry will produce them. Look at the number of monster truck bodies and drift bodies. And the lack of varietry in off road buggy bodies.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think the only thing that is being licensed is the stickers not the actual car.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Branden,

It's moreso the NAME and LIKENESS that's being licensed I believe...and I even remember Dale Epp from ProtoForm once talking about the hassel of the size, color, and style of the MFG logo on the header card for packaging being an issue...

The FULL SIZE MFG's want $$$$$ for every aspect of someone using their trademarked property.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Branden Moody
I was just wondering how you guys feel about not real car bodys like the DNA. I think soon they will take over because of the high price of licencing.
I love them. The DNA series bodies are, imo, the best looking touring car bodies on the market.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i disagree. i think they should be licenced an i think they should introduce some new styles of REAR wheel drive bodies that are still legal with the governing bodies ie.. ford mustang is not permitted by our rules as it has to be a 4 door car. come on body makers give us some more FORD bodies like the BA FALCON
Old 06-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlamMan
I think it's fine. DNA is a good looking body. No reason they can't make them look similar to real cars. As long as they don't get out of hand like 1/8th bodies. They don't even look remotely real.
SlamMan,

I mean no disrespect but have you ever driven a 1/8th on road with a 650.00 engine in it. The bodies have changed over time for a reason, those big "ugly" rear wings/fins give great stability. There is room in this hobby for replica bodies but on a race track with other cars we need bodies to help produce downforce, etc.

Steve
Old 06-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Tech Adept

Default Bodies

I have to say I personally am interested in a body that provides good balance/downforce and stability, I don't really care what they look like. And besides look at the Mazda, G6, Alfa etc. aside from the head/tail lights and grill they look nothing like there respective models. When I first got into racing about 3 years ago I couldn't help but wonder why the body manufacturers would go to the trouble of licenced bodies when they could have been making DNA's or Nemesis' from the very start.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SlamMan
-the 1/8th bodies are no more out of hand than the TC "blobs" that are being ran these days.........
Old 06-07-2007, 06:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by corallyman
SlamMan,

I mean no disrespect but have you ever driven a 1/8th on road with a 650.00 engine in it. The bodies have changed over time for a reason, those big "ugly" rear wings/fins give great stability. There is room in this hobby for replica bodies but on a race track with other cars we need bodies to help produce downforce, etc.

Steve
I don't disagree. Unfortunately they still look like a wing on wheels. 1:8 Scale is about the fastest racing being done but the bodies just don't do it for me. It's just my subjective opinion though.

Originally Posted by Taylorm
-the 1/8th bodies are no more out of hand than the TC "blobs" that are being ran these days.........
They still, basically, look like cars though. Like NASCAR. I don't think it's any worse than full scale cars though. Take off their badges and plenty of people couldn't tell the difference between a Toyota Camry and a Nissan Maxima.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.