Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cyclone Parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 03:50 PM
Tech Adept

Default Cyclone Parts

Has anybody here been getting Cyclone parts, or parts period, from Precision RC? I ordered some parts a while back 4/4/07 and after never receiving them, I e-mailed James and asked what was going on. He said he was sorry and would get them sent ASAP. They arrived about five days later and everything was there except for one diff pulley. There was no note or anything saying that part was out of stock or any explanation.

I e-mailed James on 4/16 and 5/15 to just send another one of the pulleys he did have in stock instead of the one he didn't have, which in his first response to the missing parts on 4/16 was to offer a refund or an exchange for a different part.

Well it's 5/24, and James has not responded to any e-mails, nor have I seen a pulley or a refund.

Has anyone else here had this kind of service from them?

Charlie
Old 05-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi Charlie
Late last year I ordered 2 shells(painted) from James.
They took months to get here and after 4 emails they got back to me and said the painter had problems with the compressor. It took 54 days for the shells to get to me. But on 99% of accassions they have sent things really fast. I think he is very busy and makes mistakes like all of us do. The only problem is when there is money involved and in R/c racing we want our stuff fast.
But out of maybe 20 orders with james I have had 2 messups. Not to bad a result. some times things are not in stock and he needs to keep a eye on his INSTOCK ltems
In there defence, I do think they are a great company to deal with.
This is the last order i did with them and I got this email back within 1 day.

Dear addampga ,

Thank you for ordering with us.

We regret to inform you that the following items in your order are out of
stock,

1x GM14WBK GM Racing 14 AWG Silicone Wire - Black 1' (30cm) $2.65 - we have
PRC14WBK Precision RC 14 AWG Silicone Wire - Black 1' (30cm) $2.40 instead.

For Alternate items, in case of price differences, no extra payment is
required if alternate item is more expensive, should alternate item be
cheaper, any remainder will be refunded.

If Alternate items are not required, customers may choose to have the out of
stock items resent at no extra cost as soon as they are back in stock. We'd
be happy to provide a refund or exchange for any other product of similar
value.

Everything else in your order is ready for dispatch.

Sorry for the delay

Please advice on the next course of action

I think there customer service is one of the better ones.

I think james is a very fair person in bussiness. I think you should contact him and tell him how unhappy you are with what has happened.
Good luck mate
Addam
Old 05-24-2007, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

I e-mailed him when I didn't get all my parts and he replied back the very same day with the reason why.(good service) He asked me what I wanted to do, wait for the part to come in, substitute another part, or get a refund.(good service) I replied back telling him just to send me another of the same pulley that was on the original order that he had in stock that he sent me.

Well, five weeks went by and still no part.(BAD SERVICE) So, I e-mailed again letting him know that it has been over a month since I told him to just send me another of the same pulley and I wanted to get this cleared up and behind me.

This was the first time that I have ordered from him and it will be the last. When I originally placed the order, it took ten days and two e-mails to get the order even mailed to me. His excuse for that one was that someone else was supposed to be sending orders for him.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've had the same bad service that you have had and like you will never do buisness with them again.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The best company I have ever dealt with is Tower hobbies, I have ordered over 40 orders with them and never had a problem, Have you tried them for part's ?. The best part about this problem is for anyone that has had problems with a company like Charlie and Jag is take them off your list and never deal with them again.
Also rc mushroom is great, never a problem with them or rcmart.
The biggest problem that really shits me off is when you order something wait 3 days and you get a email saying out of stock, but that is after you have paid them.
Addam
Old 05-25-2007, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

Ive dealt with a lot of on-line places. Tower, Omni, Stormer, and Ultimate are all good to deal with and have had no problems with them. I hate companies that charge your card and then find out that they're out of stock, or find out the way that I did from Precision.

The ony reason I placed the order with Precision was they supposedly were the only place at the time that showed they had the pulleys I was looking for. Never again!
Old 05-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Tech Adept

I have placed many orders at precisionrc through 2 years now and never faced a problem.Some times there can be a delivery issue, but 2 or 3 days late.Nothing else.
Regards,
Dimitris
Old 06-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Well, it's June 3rd and James still has not replied to my e-mails. If you are reading this post, I would highly think twice before placing any orders with Precision RC.

I'm glad he has put my money to his good use. It's not a lot, but it's the point that you should get what you've paid for.