Wiki Posts
Search

Core RC 5000mah Lipos...

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 05:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I need some bigger decal sheets to sport my Core Lipo as well

I'll work with Shawn on that to make that a reality very soon!!

I'm also close to hitting my 25-30 cycle span and my pack is really coming to life, myself as well as the other Core LiPo users were by far the fastest on the track at our club level this weekend
Old 11-29-2007, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Noticed on the Schumacher site that they are out of stock.... Where and or when can we buys these.....

Thks
Old 11-29-2007, 05:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

sent you a pm
Old 11-29-2007, 05:15 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Your LHS can call me, we have them in stock and ready to ship, We've done multiple updates to the website and for some reason they are still showing out. But I have them

Originally Posted by MAD916
Noticed on the Schumacher site that they are out of stock.... Where and or when can we buys these.....

Thks
Old 11-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone know if they will fit in a PHI yet????????

heard the 4800's don't?
Old 11-30-2007, 05:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MAD916
Anyone know if they will fit in a PHI yet????????

heard the 4800's don't?
It wont fit the top deck is too low. You can run an Orion 3200 pack or the soon to be released Core 3200.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks.... then it is probably a safe assumption they will fit in the RDX.......
Old 11-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Got my balancer cable ordered already;

Skiddins

N.B. Cable fits perfectly

Last edited by Skiddins; 12-01-2007 at 10:56 AM. Reason: More Info
Old 12-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer
Signs that your (insert brand here) lipo pack has reached it's usufull lifespan:

1) Lipos generally don't degrade much if any at all over the normal 300+ cycle lifespan (you'll see more or less cycles depending on the brand). So... if you notice anything "it wasn't doing before" it may be time to give it a serious look.

2) Ending temperature
As a pack reaches the end of the line, it's internal resistance starts climbing rapidly with each additional cycle. The first observed result is usually a hotter pack at the end of a run. It's working harder to supply the juice, so it gets hotter than you're used to seeing.

3) Output performance
Another commonly observed result is that the pack just doesn't have the rip it used to. Internal resistance again, and as it increases the pack can't deliver the same amps it used to.

4) Reduced capacity
I make sure and get a "baseline" for pack performance soon after the 20th cycle (fully broken in pack). I record starting and finishing temps on a test vehicle, the ESC and settings used, ambient temps, and driving style/venue used. I also drive the pack all the way to the correct lipo cutoff on the ESC, and then measure the Mah the charger puts back in. Every hundred cycles or so, I do all the above again and look for differences (warmer pack, less Mah in, less power and etc.). All packs are a little different, so sometimes I'll catch a pack with less rip, or higher temps, or less Mah in than before - there's not one or another that always comes first. But looking at Mah back into the pack once you have a baseline for it is the easiest way to judge the overall pack health.

One of the main points about all this is here: Once a pack starts going "downhill" it will continue to underperform, get hot, and not take full Mah in on a steepening downward spiral with each cycle. So it's best to immediately stop using and dispose of properly a pack you're sure is on a steep decline. A "just barely alive" lipo pack can sometimes fool chargers and cause a safety hazard if they are continued to be used.

Decal sheets:
Point taken and I agree! I'll shake somebody down to have more/bigger ones made

Core pack cycles:
I continue to race, test other things with, and in general put on as many cycles as I can on the original CORE 5000 1st production pack I have. I have just under 300 cycles on it as of today, with zero degredation so far from the day I got it. This one's been used and abused as hard as I can run it under normal circumstances, so when it decides to slide it will represent a bare minimum cycle life expectation for these packs. With my previous experience with lots of different packs, this one is looking like it will end up to be a good 400-500 cycle pack.
Thanks for the info re: LiPos!!
Old 12-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Got my balancer cable ordered already;

Skiddins

N.B. Cable fits perfectly
Where did you buy the cable and what balancer are you using? Just want to check if I can use that cable with FMA Direct stuff.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nexus
Where did you buy the cable and what balancer are you using? Just want to check if I can use that cable with FMA Direct stuff.
It was from a UK shop;

http://www.brchobbies.co.uk/?page=sh...dditem&item=45

My charger has the balance ports built in, the cable just converts it to the JST-XH type connections which are apparently common on chargers/balancers.

From the site;

Converts JST-EHR lead to JST-XH type (2S 7.4V)

Use to convert JST-EH Type leads as used on J Perkins EnErG PRO Lithium packs to balancers/chargers which use the popular JST-XH sockets/leads

Ideal to use with chargers from DNS, Airpower, 601BC etc. (or ANY charger that uses the JST-XH connections)

Skiddins
Old 12-01-2007, 04:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Last edited by abailey21; 12-04-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

If anyone's interested, here's my balancing set-up. This particular pack only has 3 cycles on it. Outta the package before the first charge, it took about 20-25 min to balance out; for this photo shoot (and 3cycles later), it took about 2-3min if that much. My first CORE pack, pretty much the same behavior, but that pack has about 2 handfuls of cycles on it. All-n-all I'm extremely happy about making the switch to lipos. Should have a e-station902 charger on the way soon. Now where are those bigger CORE stickers....

Last edited by JayBee; 09-12-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
If anyone's interested, here's my balancing set-up. This particular pack only has 3 cycles on it. Outta the package before the first charge, it took about 20-25 min to balance out; for this photo shoot (and 3cycles later), it took about 2-3min if that much. My first CORE pack, pretty much the same behavior, but that pack has about 2 handfuls of cycles on it. All-n-all I'm extremely happy about making the switch to lipos. Should have a e-station902 charger on the way soon. Now where are those bigger CORE stickers....
nice.

I see you moved the balance plug over. Was it easy to open the hard case? (shawn/adam would this void any type of warranty?) It seems like the perfect way to get the Core all the way in the Mi3 and straight.

Did you also cut the adapter plug and put a different type on?

===

Took some of the tips on here from keeping the pack from sliding. Just cut small lexan pieces and shoe-gooped them on the pack. Works perfect when taped now.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

what ballancer does schumacher/core reccomend? cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.