Wiki Posts
Search

3racing F103gt

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 3racing F103gt

Something different for sure. A lightweight 1/10th scale, that can run the courage/gt1-98 bodies. Anyone out there ever even seen one of these upgraded chassis's for the f103gt. Anybody drive one? Just a waste of money or cool enough to add as a 4th or 5th car?
Old 05-29-2007, 01:18 AM
Tech Adept

Default f103gt

We just started running these at my local track, and man are they fun to drive. We run it as a spec class, tagged rubber tire and silver can motor. Been racing this class for about three weeks and every race come down to who is the best driver. Mine is loaded up with 3racing hopups incl: adjustable caster, aluminum front steering blocks, front springs, front aluminum axles, rear diff and shaft. Just got the carbon fibre kit for it and it's gonna look really cool, not to mention shaving off about 30-40 grams. It's a nice break from TC or 1/12 every now and then.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

it comes down to who is the best driver, yet you still managed to load it with hopups?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:59 PM
Tech Adept

Default f103gt

Originally Posted by tallyrc
it comes down to who is the best driver, yet you still managed to load it with hopups?
Most of the hopups are for durability or are to make adjusting the car simple and fast, we are still under weight, battery, motor, tire and gearing restrictions.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Adept

racing was not the reason I was wondering about the car. I have my RACE cars and fun/interesting cars too. The F103gt chassis is cheap and the only way to run low bodies like the GT1 toyota and Porsche. But the car looks like a toy. Touring car chassis's can't fit low bodies due to their shock towers. 3Racing's chassis and parts replace all of the cheap plastic with fantasic milled parts. But having never even seen one, the car still might be garbage.
So before I spend $220 for the car and parts, I was hoping to get some insight on the way they drive. It looks like a 6VDC light RWD stretch pan car to me.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

honestly, they look like the ultimate "spec class" car, but the idea of having to buy a car (even if it's only $109) then throw money at it to get it more durable or easier to work on for me is a deal breaker.. especially when i can buy a used pancar on ebay for next to nothing, race it for next to nothing and be as fast as anything on the track.. i like the concept though, just needs refinement..
Old 05-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

I tend to agree, that's why I'm looking but not yet buying. If you take a pan car with one of the stretched 1/10th chassis it would likely be faster and would have much wider tires. Toss in a 3200 lipo and hot motor and it could be a sleeper at a cheaper price. At $109 I would get the axle, diff, gears a the front suspension. The rest is throw away. Now a used one......