R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-28-2007, 05:45 AM   #1
Tech Initiate
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy BOL 20A Power Supply

Hi guys. I need advice on what happened to my BOL 20A Power Supply. First of all, it was not a used item. It is brand new bought off the shelf. I have only managed to use it for 1 TIME to discharge my 3300NIHM batt(using ice charger). I haven't even get to use it to charge my batts(using ice charger). This is what happened.

1) I connect the given cable that came with it to power it up. (It was set at 220V by default, I stay in singapore)

2) I connect the red to red black to black output of the power supply. I swear that I never connect it wrongly.

3) Less than 4 seconds, a burst
was heard from the power supply inside.

4) The power supply is dead. The fans wasn't rotating. But the LED light is still on. And there wasn't any power at all to the ice charger .

What happened as i am curious and fustrated to know as i have just got my charger after a long wait on the shippment. I have check the fuse on the powersupply and the fuse on the cable. Nothin is being burnt. I have even opened up the inside to check, But there is nothing burnt or anything abnormal to me. Pls help me if anyone has come across this before. Many Thanks in advance.
kezumix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:57 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Id advise taking it back to teh place of purchase, must have a warrantee or Guarantee.Hope there was no sticker on the casing that broke when you opened it up as that would void warrantee.
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 04:52 AM   #3
Tech Initiate
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Got back the power supply yesterday. Was exchanged with a brand new one. The shop owner also couldn't find any problem with it. Well.. if anyone are into this situation. Please update no matter wat power supply u are using....

and finally, i can use my charger to charge my batts instead of relying on others.
kezumix is offline   Reply With Quote