Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 06:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Im having a hard time finding parts. The car is running right now but one good hit and Im done. That doesnt encourage me to go to the track with this car.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:56 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kschu
hi guys, wat u guys think bout spektrum telemetry set ??

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...ProdID=SPM1305

will it worth to buy ???

guys, i jus notice cyclone Pivot ball can fit into s400....HPI got 1 Delrin Pivot ball which i think will be more smoother than d steel 1....
I wouldn't waste the money on a telemetry set, those are geared more for bashers, not racers. Just another way to make a few bucks..

The steel pivot balls are fine, they dont wear out, and the arm pivots on the pin, the pin doesnt pivot on the ball, so they wouldn't be any sort of upgrade anyway.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Im having a hard time finding parts. The car is running right now but one good hit and Im done. That doesnt encourage me to go to the track with this car.
Any shop that carries Serpent nitro parts can get the S400 parts if they don't stock them already.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:00 PM
Tech Regular

I ran the geared diff indoors on carpet with a one way and the car felt great. Outdoors with it in the car with a spool in the front I find that the car has a tendency to oversteer as I am putting the power down - it trys to keep steering as I try to come out of the corner (if that makes sense).

Is there anything I can do to help this - tried it with 5000wt oil and all gears and 2000wt with one pair of the gears removed.

Can I also ask if anyone has started to build their ball diffs with ceramic balls or has any secrets for building a good diff as mine get quite 'gritty' pretty quickly and I am having to build them again after each race day. I do run it pretty tight in 10.5 brushless.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'd say you may want to try 5000 wt with 2 gears in it. Going with a thinner oil and fewer gears is probably going to make a really loose diff. 5000 with all the gears may make a really tight diff. Both of those could cause oversteer on exit. But I haven't had a chance to run the gear diff in a TC so I may be way off.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

guys, can share out how u guys do cleaning on bearing ???

i saw some ppl using bearing blaster, i wonder it's reli tat effective or jus wasting some bucks on it ?

thanks randy for ur advise....u was good in reedy race...hope u will have more luck in ur coming race....myself too ever encounter bad luck during race....
Old 05-31-2008, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Why don't you just ask Yohan.. he seems to like his Serpent...

Considering you both are posting from the same IP address, you should be able to discuss it quite easily.
leave the PC tech alone Tim...he's also allowed to post even on my pc while repairing an audio pblm.

We missed you at CS last week...maybe your boss lady will give you permission to visit this week?
Old 05-31-2008, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Don't know if you are Yohan or not....anyway going back to topic... revision sets actually should have being named "maintenance set". It's has being in the market since long time. Basically includes the parts to rebuild your shocks.
[B][COLOR="Black"]
On the other hand, Serpent it's new to the electric scene and we have a lot to learn. Thanks to the input from drivers like Tim Potter, Randy Caster, Butter, Yohan, Billy Easton and many, many, many more (sorry the list will be way to long) around the globe, we will be able to improve our product in the near future. Actually, for a company that has being involved exclusively in gas racing for 25 plus year, i think the S400 is quite good. On the other side, i don't think we are doing anything different than the other manufacturers that have much more experience in electric racing tha us. They constantly improve they products bringing new stuff out.

Thanks for supporting our products.
Epa Paolo,

Ya me llegaron las partes!!! Gracias y te mande el money order con UPS.

The car is really nice. Its simple and easy to get working great. Now its time to just fine tune and make it even better, to which Serpent is 110% committed.

Serpent works fast, boyz. They pay close attention to racers and drivers input like no other company in the market.

They are working refining and making the car even better, if that could be said, and its great to drive a car you know its team is serious about always looking for ways to improve and make things even better all the time.

More testing for S400 Sunday and the great traction on-road asphalt track in Coral Springs, FL.

Look for our updates and reports in Sunday evening...out!!!

Yohan
Old 05-31-2008, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Like Randy said, have your LHS order the parts. If they cannot or try

1) www.mdiracing.com ....give them a call!

2) www.stormerhobbies.com - do a search for s400 and you'll get about 5 pages worth of parts

Last edited by yyhayyim; 05-31-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Actually all 3 of those changes were to get the car more aggressive on turn-in.

For those of you who cant get enough of the trophy girl, courtneyday.com should give you your fix.
Waz up Randy,

Talking about your Reedy set up:

Why the stiffer dampening (55Wt oil?!?!?) Maybe you mean 55CST oil from Serpent, or really a 55wt oil?

It seems like with the thicker oil the car wont roll as much and maybe be more reactive, but have less turn in...that's where your previously mentioned 3 set up changes to get more turn in come into play?
Old 05-31-2008, 09:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Anyone have a conversion chart for Serpent shock oil to approximate normal weight equivalent?
Old 05-31-2008, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoyle
I ran the geared diff indoors on carpet with a one way and the car felt great. Outdoors with it in the car with a spool in the front I find that the car has a tendency to oversteer as I am putting the power down - it trys to keep steering as I try to come out of the corner (if that makes sense).

Is there anything I can do to help this - tried it with 5000wt oil and all gears and 2000wt with one pair of the gears removed.

Can I also ask if anyone has started to build their ball diffs with ceramic balls or has any secrets for building a good diff as mine get quite 'gritty' pretty quickly and I am having to build them again after each race day. I do run it pretty tight in 10.5 brushless.
Scoyle- I run the gear diff in the rear exclusively with a spool on asphalt and 3000-5000 wt with all 4 gears works great. Thinner oil will not cause oversteer, it will lead to understeer. In short, the thinner the oil the more traction the car will have. Thicker oil will slow down diff action and this will cause oversteer. If you have time post your complete setup and then I can help identify other problems that you may have that are causing this oversteer. My setup is for a 6 cell chassis and Randy's is for a 5 cell. My setup is posted in this thread several pages back and I also posted Randy's home track setup as well. Good luck and if you need more help or info feel free to PM me. One of the main objectives of our the Serpent USA factory team is to help ALL Serpent drivers extract the most performance from their S400 as possible.

Butter
Old 05-31-2008, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Anyone have a conversion chart for Serpent shock oil to approximate normal weight equivalent?
The S400 manual has a parts list and their shock oils are listed there...I saw the conversion chart somewhere and Serpent oils are listed on there...someone will post it.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Like Randy said, have your LHS order the parts. If they cannot or try

1) www.mdiracing.com ....give them a call!

2) www.stormerhobbies.com - do a search for s400 and you'll get about 5 pages worth of parts
Thank you. Of the two closest hobby shops to my location. One said they couldnt get Serpent parts and the other said, "Whats a Serpent?". I love the car, but with out parts,,,,, I guess theres still the Playstation.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thank you. Of the two closest hobby shops to my location. One said they couldnt get Serpent parts and the other said, "Whats a Serpent?". I love the car, but with out parts,,,,, I guess theres still the Playstation.
Snoopy- Call this number- (305) 639-9665. I am sure they have what you need. Tell them Butter sent you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.