Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XACDesigns
as long as it's not rubbing and it's taped in real good...run it
parts discount now !
Old 01-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hard case lipo battery fit

Shouldn't it be the responsibility of the said battery manufactures to design and build packs that fit current rc cars and not the cars being re-designed/modified to have packs fit?
Old 01-22-2008, 01:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by XACDesigns
as long as it's not rubbing and it's taped in real good...run it
What do u use to tape it? Also im having some fitment issues with the equipment im using. Can the receiver be mounted safely on top of the steering servo?
Old 01-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jammincrtjames
Which will give the most steering...2 or 6 degree?
2 degrees will give you more steering at corner entry but less mid and corner exit. 6 degrees will give you less steering at corner entry but more mid and corner exit.

I run mainly rubber on carpet and love the 2 degree hubs with 1mm kick-up
Old 01-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by spurgear
What do u use to tape it? Also im having some fitment issues with the equipment im using. Can the receiver be mounted safely on top of the steering servo?
Use battery strapping tape, you should be able to get it from any HS. It's okay to fit the receiver on top of the steering servo.

Also, I saw your pictures of where you have dremmeled out your bulkhead and I think you may have taken out a bit to much, I'll try and take a picture of mine tomorrow and show you how little material I needed to remove to get my Orion 3200 in, I also have the battery fitted the other way round with the connectors towards the front of the car. Never had a problem with it this way, even after taking a very heavy side hit against the battery.

HTH
Old 01-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by terryh
2 degrees will give you more steering at corner entry but less mid and corner exit. 6 degrees will give you less steering at corner entry but more mid and corner exit.

I run mainly rubber on carpet and love the 2 degree hubs with 1mm kick-up

Um, isnt that backwards?

2 deg caster blocks with 1mm of kickup will give you 3 degrees of caster (approximately)...
Old 01-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveW
Sorry for the n00b question, but i know nothing of this car... yet. Would a rear ball diff fit the front? Are they the same? Thanx again.
Yes it will fit the front with spacers, they are not the same sze.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by terryh
Use battery strapping tape, you should be able to get it from any HS. It's okay to fit the receiver on top of the steering servo.

Also, I saw your pictures of where you have dremmeled out your bulkhead and I think you may have taken out a bit to much, I'll try and take a picture of mine tomorrow and show you how little material I needed to remove to get my Orion 3200 in, I also have the battery fitted the other way round with the connectors towards the front of the car. Never had a problem with it this way, even after taking a very heavy side hit against the battery.

HTH
I will try to look for this tape. If u have a link for it please post. Well i installed the electronics. What size pinion u use? In all this hard hits everyone is getting. Is the chassis damaged? Carbon split? I didnt apply the CA to the chassis as suggested in the manual. Also i only applied thread lock to the screws they suggested. Do u set the steering throw to all the arm permits?
Old 01-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

http://www.rcracechat.com/vb/showthread.php?t=37516

Old 01-23-2008, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by spurgear
I will try to look for this tape. If u have a link for it please post. Well i installed the electronics. What size pinion u use? In all this hard hits everyone is getting. Is the chassis damaged? Carbon split? I didnt apply the CA to the chassis as suggested in the manual. Also i only applied thread lock to the screws they suggested. Do u set the steering throw to all the arm permits?
This is just one example of battery strapping tape http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=386&id=7181 like I said, you should be able to get it from any hobby.model shop, I think Serpent even do there own version.

Pinion size is dependant upon the motor and track size/layout.

I have sealed all the edges of my carbon chassis parts, and rounded off the edges. It's essential that you do this as it will prevent the chassis splitting. i did once pretty much destroy a car in an impact but in all honesty, I have taken some hard hits recently with no damage

Put some threadlock on the adjusting screw of the servo saver as well.

I set the steering to the max the arms permit at 100% on my transmitter and then adjust dual rate from there.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DaveW
Um, isnt that backwards?
No
Old 01-23-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I need an alternative to the Serpent thrust bearing in the diff. Any suggestions.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Tamiya thrust bearing is the best i've used. Article number: 9949300
Old 01-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

Jammin you can retain the stock thrust bearing plates ( washers ) , and use Assosiated thrust balls, and use the stock Diff bolt. Just use the kit grease (black) , then assemble as normal. I ran this for 2 weeks and had no problems, and the diff was smooth as silk. I hope this helps.

Ike Peacock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.