Originally Posted by terryh
No
Ok
Old 01-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveW
Ok
I never thought I'd say this, but....... I'LL explain it to YOU later.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R.Fenstermacher
Yes it will fit the front with spacers, they are not the same sze.

Thank you! With that info then, it is safe to assume the gear diffs follow the same rule?

I have seen a little bit of onfo on the gear diffs... what are the common fluids used F/R for rubber tire/medium grip? Im assuming the tighter the track, the lower the weight fluid in the front diff compared to the rear? Or are guys going thicker in the front to mimic a spool?

Stiltskin: Are you referring to dynamic caster? I was always of the impression that 0 degrees has less overall turn-in than 6 degrees of caster. Are the GENERAL rules reversed on this car? Every car i have swapped caster on in the past... the closer to 0 you get the less turn-in and more steering you have off the corner. The more positive your caster becomes, the more turn-in you have, the more you push off the the corner.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigTrucks
Jammin you can retain the stock thrust bearing plates ( washers ) , and use Assosiated thrust balls, and use the stock Diff bolt. Just use the kit grease (black) , then assemble as normal. I ran this for 2 weeks and had no problems, and the diff was smooth as silk. I hope this helps.

Ike Peacock
Thanks
Old 01-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Tech Addict

we have a few gear diff in again so hurry stock is limited

http://www.the-border.com/product.ph...&cat=86&page=1
Old 01-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jammincrtjames
I need an alternative to the Serpent thrust bearing in the diff. Any suggestions.
use JAAD thrust ceramic bearing and diff ceramic bearing....very smooth!
Old 01-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by terryh
This is just one example of battery strapping tape http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=386&id=7181 like I said, you should be able to get it from any hobby.model shop, I think Serpent even do there own version.

Pinion size is dependant upon the motor and track size/layout.

I have sealed all the edges of my carbon chassis parts, and rounded off the edges. It's essential that you do this as it will prevent the chassis splitting. i did once pretty much destroy a car in an impact but in all honesty, I have taken some hard hits recently with no damage

Put some threadlock on the adjusting screw of the servo saver as well.

I set the steering to the max the arms permit at 100% on my transmitter and then adjust dual rate from there.
Ok i just confirmed Serpent USA has the strapping tape available. They have them all listed at the back of the reference guide.

I guess i will have to strip and rebuild with all metal to metal thread locking. Also add the CA glue to the edges.

If i the track straighaway is 150 feet and i know the specs on the motor. Is there a formula to work it out not to exceed the speed of the motor?

Check out this link for S400 parts
http://rcmarket.com.hk/index.php?cPath=51_98_156_157
I see a thrust bearing for where?

What about pictures of the chassis underneath? Any scratching from racing?

I see some guys on this post weighing their cars. Whats the criteria for this? Body included? I have access to a scale so i was wondering
Old 01-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

My first club race with the new car tomorrow, really looking forward to it. The car has certainly given me a lot of confidence when I drove it at a neighbouring track last week.

Paul.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone got a contact number for Serpent (preferably UK).

Just want to complain about the poor qualty bulkheads!!!and want to know if they are gonna replace the customers who have purchased this kit and have defective bulkheads.

Honestly in general the kit handles fine, sometimes very well, but when you pay good money (expecting quality)to find that the bulkheads are casted, and snap in half extremely easily, that just takes the biscuit.

I clipped a corner, on the front end, and all i knew then was the backend was hanging off the car (shocktower completley snapped off where it is secured the the bulkhead)

RIDICULOUS!!!

Am i realy expected to pay out £50 to replace the bulkheads when Serpent should replace them! Xray are doing it with there defective parts, and so should Serpent

Calm....Calm...(think of happy times)

Steve
Old 01-26-2008, 12:34 AM
Tech Addict

Default Alum C-hubs are new

this is a new option part for the S400

already on stock
Old 01-26-2008, 02:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jammincrtjames
I need an alternative to the Serpent thrust bearing in the diff. Any suggestions.
Best I have found, and is indestructable is the following - the Serpent Centax3 clutch thrust race. It has slightly larger thrust balls in it which you remove from thr metal cage. Use the original thrust plates from the S400 and take 6 of the balls from the centax thrust. Now black grease the plates with loads of grease and put the balls between. The drive outcup will act as a housing and the balls being larger can cope with alot more stress. I have had mine like this now for a while, no issues at all, ever. I don't even have to touch the diff tightness as it stays where it is set.

Hope that helps
Old 01-26-2008, 02:13 AM
Tech Adept

Steve - how hard did you crash though ? I have had the car for a while now and not had a single issue, and I have taken the car for off track excursions to - hard.

there are a fair few drivers who are running the car without issue, though I have seen a couple with bent rear bulkhead tops like you mention.

Best thing to do is speak to the shop you got the car from, as im sure Serpent will want you to go via them anyway, do that first and see what you can get from that.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:50 AM
Tech Addict

this one
Attached Thumbnails Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400-401157.jpg  
Old 01-27-2008, 04:11 PM
Tech Adept

Well guys had my first club day with S400 yesterday, first few laps were great then the car started to lose rear grip, then crashed, battery fell out, DNF. Second heat car was very lose in the rear, managed second place. Tried changing set, only made things worse, at the end of the day could barely drive the car but still it was very fast when I got it right. Needs a lot of experimenting with set up.
Cheers Paul.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:14 AM
Tech Adept

Paul

Are you running kit setup ? One thing I never have had issue with is rear end grip, if anything there is to much.

Are you running rubber or foam as well ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.