Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 08:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Driftr? Web 2.0 meets R/C, huh? :-)
Old 05-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am a big Losi guy, but for the Losi apologists:

The last real race level car or truck Losi announced was the Eight-T.
Since then, they have announced:
Micro-T, Mini-LST 2, Baja Nitro Monster, Micro Baja, Eight-T RTR, Drift-R

Now, go look at the Losi website front page. Count how many race level cars or trucks made the front page as something other than a link to another page. Thats right, none.

Then count all the offerings on the Car and Truck kit page. How many are RTR or "Toys" and how many are not? 19 vs 9 and one of those 9 is ancient in design compared to the others. How about an update to the XXX-T like the XXX buggy had?

Any way you look at they have moved from a race centric company to a "lady of the night" for Horizon. Make a tweak here, change the body to a Dodge Caravan and then announce the new Mega Nitro Powered Caravan.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Do you think since Losi Sr. and Jr. have left, Losi will no longer be a race company? I think without one of them that Horizon will not be able to, but I am not as familliar with Losi as alot of you are.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mytimac
I am a big Losi guy, but for the Losi apologists:

The last real race level car or truck Losi announced was the Eight-T.
Since then, they have announced:
Micro-T, Mini-LST 2, Baja Nitro Monster, Micro Baja, Eight-T RTR, Drift-R

Now, go look at the Losi website front page. Count how many race level cars or trucks made the front page as something other than a link to another page. Thats right, none.

Then count all the offerings on the Car and Truck kit page. How many are RTR or "Toys" and how many are not? 19 vs 9 and one of those 9 is ancient in design compared to the others. How about an update to the XXX-T like the XXX buggy had?

Any way you look at they have moved from a race centric company to a "lady of the night" for Horizon. Make a tweak here, change the body to a Dodge Caravan and then announce the new Mega Nitro Powered Caravan.

There hasnt been a truck update yet because frankly it didnt need one like the buggy. Theyve tried a lot of the CR stuff on the truck and dont run it. Just because they dont come out with race kits every 3 months doesnt mean anything.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mytimac
This is because average Joe consumer/basher shops around.. racers know what they want and probably dont even read the front page.

Losi needs the RTR market. I doubt it could survive on race products alone. Look at any normal car manufacturer.. they have their flagship models.. but do you think they could survive on sales of those cars alone? they need to sell the "family" car to keep the $$ coming in.

People have to start somewhere and RTR is one of the best things to happen to RC if you ask me.. i have seen countless guys start with RTR's and move on to "luxury" race cars as their skills improve.

Last edited by Phroz; 05-28-2007 at 05:06 AM.