Wiki Posts
Search

Stealth PT - New PTX Personal Transponder

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 07:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ed Anderson
Agreed,

It will be a little bit of a bumpy road. But once the "10" numbers are out, all the director has to do is load them as hand-outs in the program. (this makes it cheaper for clubs not having to buy hand-outs)

The racer will then set his PTX to his position. (instead of picking up a house TP)
Yeh, booking in all 10 numbers as a hand out and assigning to a spare colour would work quite well actually... Fair point.

I wonder how easy it is to change the ID? and if maybe it could happen by accident - IE changing from #6 to #7 without realising it until after the race
Old 09-07-2007, 08:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Terry_S
If you click the 'Store Index' > 'Transponders' > 'MRT', or just click 'New Stock Items' to take you direct to the PTX.
No, your first suggestion takes you to T1-10 Transponder R9920

You have to click "New Stock Items", then click the appropriate picture (there are actually 2 pictures there but it looks like 1, you need to separate them) to finally get to the PTX R9960 or R9961

That's 5 clicks to find it. And by the way, you cannot make any mistakes, because the back button does not work due to the way you've designed the web site.

Your main navigation buttons and Store Index do not match. Your main navigation buttons are missing Transponders, Dischargers, Option Parts, Power Controls, Soldering, Storage, and Test Equipment. If someone doesn't know to click on the little Store Index icon, they will have a hard time finding stuff.

Additionally, there is no place to put my AMBrc Number on the order form. I have purchased an i-PT from you recently, and now I'd like to order a PTX. Hopefully, I can do this electronically since I've bought from you before. Do I have to print out the .pdf order form and physically mail it to you? Please tell me there is an easier way. Thanks.

Last edited by James35; 09-07-2007 at 08:29 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

James when your on the T1-10 Transponder R9920 page there two little arrow buttons when you click the one on the right you go to page 2 for the bug booster then the PTX is on page 3 and 4 - but this shouldnt have to be explained its just bad navigation / layout

Websites are a powerful tool... i dont feel MRT's site gives a great company image. It needs an overhaul as its pretty poor and inconsistent.

The shop, the homepage, the full works.

Last edited by monstercol; 09-07-2007 at 08:44 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

I'm sure MRT would happily supply a list of their PTX numbers to any club interested, then when someone enters a meeting they can put their PT number as "PTX". A list stuck next to the race control computer and the race director can just enter the next available number on the list.

Or, as suggested above, learning the PTX numbers as house transponder numbers would probably be the easiest thinking about it
Old 09-17-2007, 02:01 AM
JJC
Tech Initiate

I ran my PTX for the first time on Sunday - It worked flawlessly and never once missed a lap all day, another great product from MRT.
Attached Thumbnails Stealth PT - New PTX Personal Transponder-ptx.jpg  
Old 09-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I received my PTX on Wednesday, not sure when "I'll" get to use it. I wanted to test it out so I lent it to a local racer yesterday. I was at the controls and it never missed a lap!

A+ for MRT
Attached Thumbnails Stealth PT - New PTX Personal Transponder-ptx.jpg  
Old 09-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Received my 4 PTX's today. I was jubilated to find not 10 BUT 20 numbers to shoose from inside them thats in addition to my original amb # I had programmed in!!! So 21 numbers to choose from and I paid 289 for four of them shipped.

+1 for MRT. I am one happy camper
Attached Thumbnails Stealth PT - New PTX Personal Transponder-ptx.jpg   Stealth PT - New PTX Personal Transponder-ptx-directions.jpg  
Old 09-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Are you sure all the numbers are in there? I could be wrong, but I was under the impression "if you got a clone, you only get one number". And yes, I got the same sheet you did.

Have you tried it?
Old 09-18-2007, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

I haven't tried it yet. But my sheet was hand checked for the 20 number custom option. . .
Old 09-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Your right! They are in there. Thats twenty more then I expected!
Old 09-18-2007, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wasn't aware of the 20-number option. Hopefully MRT will send my two PTXs as 20-number + my custom number versions.

Adam Glatt
Old 09-18-2007, 06:03 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Got a question about the cost.

When I look at the order form for a cloned PTX, it says the cost is $75 for the clone unit, plus $9 for shipping. Thats $84 for the PTX, not including what it would cost to send my original PT to them. So in the end, it will be very close to the $90 or so a new AMB cost.

So where is the huge savings that everyone keeps talking about?

I totally get the benefits of having a new PT with the same ID number and smaller size. I got that. Its the cheaper price that I'm not seeing.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

On the bench here I couldn't determine how to switch between the two sets of ten numbers so I may have spoken too soon. I guess we'll just have to wait on Terry to clarify for us . . .

Oh Terrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy . . . .

dark,
right now I believe Terry is offering an introductory price of 70 each. Not that that makes a huge difference, but when you order a couple or so there is a little savings over an AMB. Plus you don't HAVE to send him one to get a set of ten generic numbers without the cloned number so taht would save a few bux to. Its possible to get a NIP PTX for $79 (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)that still has more/better features than an AMB. Plus all the reasons you mentioned. I happen to like the fact that I don't have to worry about cutting my lead short . .. I can always just replace it! Plus the case and the screws are available seperately

For me more features at a lower price =winner

Last edited by andrewdoherty; 09-18-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
On the bench here I couldn't determine how to switch between the two sets of ten numbers so I may have spoken too soon. I guess we'll just have to wait on Terry to clarify for us . . .

Oh Terrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy .

They are in there! I have a test loop set up in the basement. I set the system up and got my cloned number then the first 10 switched back and forth a few times with no problem.

I was going to post that I could only get 11 numbers, but then went and tried the PTX again. Took little playing, but when its in "flash mode", press and "hold" the button down and it will go to "flicker flash" mode. You can then set the second set of numbers. Now, I didn't run the second set over the system (yet), but it went through all the "flash codes" in flicker flash mode.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:00 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
dark,
right now I believe Terry is offering an introductory price of 70 each. Not that that makes a huge difference, but when you order a couple or so there is a little savings over an AMB. Plus you don't HAVE to send him one to get a set of ten generic numbers without the cloned number so taht would save a few bux to. Its possible to get a NIP PTX for $79 (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)that still has more/better features than an AMB. Plus all the reasons you mentioned. I happen to like the fact that I don't have to worry about cutting my lead short . .. I can always just replace it! Plus the case and the screws are available seperately

Yeah, the features are definitely killer. I was just wondering if I was somehow messing up the pricing. But the features are definitely excellent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.