Stealth PT - New PTX Personal Transponder

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stealth PT - New PTX Personal Transponder

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Great work as always Terry, and as another race director, affordable is good when it comes to getting personal transponders in new racers hands....

I'm pretty sure I understand the concept of the PTX, but if you can elaborate on one thing for me....I know there will be a button on the PTX to change the number....will you be able to tell the difference from looking at the PTX somehow??? Or, are we going to have to pass them over the loop to see what the ID number is??? (sorry if I missed this)

Either way, I'm sure we'll all figure out a way to make this process smoother to avoid any PT confusion on raceday....

Another area we may need to be concerned about is storing racer info in the database....Since the PTX's ID is changable, we'll have to pay closer attention to which PT ID the racers are on every race day.

How soon can we expect to see personal transponders working like DSM radios, where they will scan and lock on a open channel????

C'mon Terry, you can do it......
Old 06-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theisgroup
Terry,

Can i send in my AMB PTs in just to get you to scan them and then returned. with the expectation when the PTXs are available to have the numbers cloned into the PTX? also what would be the turn around for just the scanning. I am trying to find the best time to send them(4) in.

thanks
Hi theisgroup, we will be reading PT ID #'s ready to use for cloned PTX numbers. The turn around will be pretty much dependent on the shipping times as the scanning is a quick process. There will be a small charge for scanning plus the return shipping, we'll be announcing details.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Ray Agreed, any way for new racers to run PT's has to be good.

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
I'm pretty sure I understand the concept of the PTX, but if you can elaborate on one thing for me....I know there will be a button on the PTX to change the number....will you be able to tell the difference from looking at the PTX somehow??? Or, are we going to have to pass them over the loop to see what the ID number is??? (sorry if I missed this)

Either way, I'm sure we'll all figure out a way to make this process smoother to avoid any PT confusion on raceday....

Another area we may need to be concerned about is storing racer info in the database....Since the PTX's ID is changable, we'll have to pay closer attention to which PT ID the racers are on every race day.
The number that's selected on the PTX is shown by an LED display so it's easy to check without having to pass it over a loop. As always race directors need to confirm the number racers are on so everything goes smooth at meetings.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

To improve turn-around time for those of us not in the UK, have you considered allowing us to physically scan an image of the existing PT if it still has the sticker on it. I just can't afford (time wise) to send my PTs off for the cloning process. I'd love to have one of the new PTXs but it is just not worth the time shipping them there and back.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

i think its more scanning it electronicly, not just a picture of the number. each pt gives off a signal, and they need to be able to match that signal.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This looks very promising! For a racer on a budget like myself, this is a great alternative to the AMB monopoly.Any idea on when these will be available?
Old 06-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

SpeedyDad, I think Briano hit the nail on the head... The number I'd bet is just a reference number to a digital signal being sent out by the actual transponder when it's powered up.

They probably need to match both of those together

A) so they can log the signal profile and it's coordinated ID number
B) so they can store it by the transponder ID number for later reference.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SpeedyDad
To improve turn-around time for those of us not in the UK, have you considered allowing us to physically scan an image of the existing PT if it still has the sticker on it. I just can't afford (time wise) to send my PTs off for the cloning process. I'd love to have one of the new PTXs but it is just not worth the time shipping them there and back.
Hi SpeedyDad, as has been mentioned we need the original PT to read the number out. We've already had many people send us their PT to have clone i-PT's made, they will be able to order a custom PTX with their own ID number without sending their PT again because we have their ID# on file. Others like yourself can still buy a basic PTX (with 10 numbers) and could later if/when time allows send the original PT and have their PTX 'upgraded' to a custom version.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC
This looks very promising! For a racer on a budget like myself, this is a great alternative to the AMB monopoly.Any idea on when these will be available?
Hi K_Spec_RC, sorry no release date available but it shouldn't be long to wait. Watch out here for more news!
Old 06-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Terry,
will the PTX will be available like what I-PT have different color case, different color LED? thanks
Old 06-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

g man !! whats going on ??!!
Old 06-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by briano_72
g man !! whats going on ??!!
What's going on???
Old 06-06-2007, 12:32 PM
jaz
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Terry_S
What's going on???
I'm pretty sure he was talking to Guo
Old 06-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Adept

ya, sorry about that, but guo ( g man ) is from my local track !!
Old 06-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

That's OK, that's fine.. thought you was saying Geee man..!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.