Stealth PT - New PTX Personal Transponder >

Stealth PT - New PTX Personal Transponder

Stealth PT - New PTX Personal Transponder

Old 11-15-2008, 06:40 PM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Hi Terry,
I'm just checking to confirm you recieved my order.
Thanks,
Wayne
Old 11-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Question

Hi,

I bought 1 AMB and 4 clones. I would like to order 2 more clones (my son who races in a different state has them) but according to your website I need a release from the original owner. I bought these a year ago on ebay and have no idea who the original owner is any more. Can I order more or not?
Old 11-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Clegg, that's great you got your PTX and you like it, thanks for the update

Hi Wayne, we received your order ok thanks and it has been shipped to you.

Hi lidebt2, YGPM
Old 11-19-2008, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

hello, Terry.
I checked my agenda and I have some competitions in the next weeks but once decembre I won't be needing the PT for some weeks.
So you can expect my AMB for a cloning-procedure within a few weeks
Looking forward to see the pretty new PTX and to have the ease of use of two PT with the same number
Old 11-19-2008, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hi, i'm very interested with your PTX...if dont own a tranponder, can you still custom made one for me ?

thanks
Old 11-19-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

sure, he can make you a PT.
The only difference is it won't be one with your number cloned, but with ten or twenty other numbers integrated.
The only thing you'll have to do, is pick one of those numbers and if there ever might be by a strange coincidence, someone with the same number (must be another MRT-PTX-user), then you'll just have to pick another number.
easy pie.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Terry_S, I just returned the email to you on my order. I was tipped off about these by a guy that has a couple and is very pleased with them. I have had over 20 AMB transponders over the past 8 years and every one of them I have sold over time because of a wire related isssue. Mostly from the wires getting hard and cracking. I have not been happy with AMB's service, its like they don't care and to top it off when I was getting ready to buy another transponder, I read something about them raising the price again sometime early next year! Thats like banging my head on a wall.

As I race only Nitro cars now, a lot of guys I race with are still using house transponders because they have 2 cars. Shelling out $235 with tax for 2 AMB's is crazy! It seems that for the most part, it has been the electric racers that are using these. So I hope to be doing more business with you soon!

Another thing, can you make a florescent colored box? The idea behind this is for the track owners....... They could phase out the amb house transponders as they go down, then they wouldn't have to run a charge station either. If it was florescent pink or something like that, it would be easier to spot. just an idea.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:23 AM
Tech Regular

that sounds like a good idea, those fluorescent transponders, but wouldn't it be simple to paint them yourself? (Would also eliminate extra production-costs for Terry ... and by doing so, eliminating extra costs for buyers).

Since Terry's transponders are water-tight, I guess it would not be to difficult to place a little piece of tape over the led on all PT's, and then paint the whole lot of the transponders with a gentle paint-coat.
That would we sufficient to recognise the Club-transponders from PT.
And if the gentle paint-coat wears off, it would only take a 10-minute job to give them a new coat.

Only my 2 cts
Old 11-22-2008, 01:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm back

Sorry if I didn't answer any PM questions or emails the last few days have been so busy, I guess everybody has decided to buy transponders this time of year. I'm replying to questions as soon as I can.

Hi kschu, if you don't own a transponder we can make a custom made one for you. The online ordering is at www.rclaps.com order the R9982 or R9983 or R9985.. they are custom case no tabs, tabs, or shrink. You can choose a custom LED and either a long or short lead. The standard PTX R9980, R9981 or R9984 have Blue LED and 190mm lead.

Low_E is correct with the number you have 20 'generic' numbers integrated (PTX-20..) BUT also 1 extra 'custom ID' number so you have 21 numbers in total.

The 'custom ID' number is like AMB numbers when you buy a PT, you don't get the same numbers. Only clone numbers are the same when you send a PT to us to have clones made.

Hi rcfoolz, thanks for your comments we designed our PTX to have a lead that can be changed to save the problems you mentioned. Talking about the prices we just had our clone prices go down, we'll keep the price as low as we can, low prices = good for customers

With the florescent cases idea it's possible I guess but it would need an investment for the extra 'custom' manufacturing option.
We are looking at good ideas for the clubs that have old AMB house transponders, when they go down it's expensive to replace them.
We're offering trade in deals with a good discount on the price of 10 or 20 PTX transponders etc and we can service rechargeable transponders and replace batteries as another option.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Terry, a few questions. The race director that i race with has a dwindling set of house transponders that are dire need of service, and i mean more than just replacing the internal battery. They are damaged and dont hold a charge well, etc. What kind of trade in deal do you offer for these? He has 10 maybe 15 houe transponders left.

2nd question:
The race director mentioned that I have more information regarding MRT transponders that sell from "$50-75" (the shrink and the custom, respectively) and a fair amount of people approached me thinking i was selling them and wanted to buy them right then and there haha. I simply referred them to rclaps.com but if we could come up with an order for at least 10 regular non-cloned standards, would there be any group/bulk discount? If so, what kind of discount? If not at 10 orders, then how many? Thanks.

Last edited by Syber Serulean; 12-01-2008 at 12:44 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Terry_S
I'm back

We are looking at good ideas for the clubs that have old AMB house transponders, when they go down it's expensive to replace them.
We're offering trade in deals with a good discount on the price of 10 or 20 PTX transponders etc and we can service rechargeable transponders and replace batteries as another option.
Hi Terry
my club has 19 AMBrc transponder that need new batterys Do you also do sercive on them. as you know I have 8 of yours allready 4 1st gen and 4 PTXs
Old 12-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
Terry, a few questions. The race director that i race with has a dwindling set of house transponders that are dire need of service, and i mean more than just replacing the internal battery. They are damaged and dont hold a charge well, etc. What kind of trade in deal do you offer for these? He has 10 maybe 15 houe transponders left.

2nd question:
The race director mentioned that I have more information regarding MRT transponders that sell from "$50-75" (the shrink and the custom, respectively) and a fair amount of people approached me thinking i was selling them and wanted to buy them right then and there haha. I simply referred them to rclaps.com but if we could come up with an order for at least 10 regular non-cloned standards, would there be any group/bulk discount? If so, what kind of discount? If not at 10 orders, then how many? Thanks.
Hi Syber Serulean, the trade in price depends on the condition of the house transponders it sounds like they are in bad shape. I would guess about each $20 to $25 (for each) if they are still working. The answer to your other question is that there is a 5% quantity discount when ordering 10+ of one type.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tpczx6
Hi Terry
my club has 19 AMBrc transponder that need new batterys Do you also do sercive on them. as you know I have 8 of yours allready 4 1st gen and 4 PTXs
Hi Tim we do servicing (replace batteries) for AMBrc house transponders, we often do servicing the same time we make up clones for clubs. Usually the batteries are so bad they don't work for long enough to clone the number. Clubs replace their dead or dying house transponders with cloned PTX personal transponders as a 'cost effective' solution to solve the problem.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Terry_S
Clubs replace their dead or dying house transponders with cloned PTX personal transponders as a 'cost effective' solution to solve the problem.
indeed, sounds like a sound solution to me too. Why repair a problem if you can eliminate it.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Can I send you a picture of my transponder or do you have to have the original

My wires on my personal I am cloning are a little frayed. Will this matter.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.