which controler?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which controler?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

forgot how many idiots were on rctech....

last time I get lured into threads like this...

late, Im out barnos
Old 05-21-2007, 09:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

you can either go to your LHS and try out the different radios, or better yet go to the track and see how the radios are in "race" configuration. I was leaning toword the M11 untill I realized how comfortable the EX-10 is with the dropdown and larger grips. However, you need to take into consideration if the user is running Lipo batteries in the Tx or not because the radio with lipo will seem a lot lighter.

tl;dr: go to the track and ask people if you can hold their radios.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Team Tekin

Ouch! I will assume that was not at me?

Please tell me what makes it better. I am truly interested and not baiting you. We try to take full advantage of all the technology and since the radio ultimately tells us what to do perhaps there is something we can improve if any radio does something special.

Funny thing is they never tell us and we are ulitmately where the signals go and who decifers them. For example the HRS caught us all off guard. Not many products can handle a 3 to 5 ms frame rate. It is however very impressive and allows for improved response if you know it is coming and can engineer to take full advantage of it.

Tekin Prez
Old 05-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Tech Adept

Default Radios

Buy whatever feels good in your hands, thats all that matters. They are all packed full of features and are all top notch radios. Personally for me I have an M11, I love the big screen and and it's well balanced, not to top heavy like the 3PK, whatever feels good will drive good. Just my 2 cents, anyways to each his own.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
Ouch! I will assume that was not at me?

Please tell me what makes it better. I am truly interested and not baiting you. We try to take full advantage of all the technology and since the radio ultimately tells us what to do perhaps there is something we can improve if any radio does something special.

Funny thing is they never tell us and we are ulitmately where the signals go and who decifers them. For example the HRS caught us all off guard. Not many products can handle a 3 to 5 ms frame rate. It is however very impressive and allows for improved response if you know it is coming and can engineer to take full advantage of it.

Tekin Prez
Of course I was not talking about you....

I dont know why the radio is better.....I am just a wheel, not a engineer...I ran Airtronics stuff for years....and my friends in the pro ranks(micro, Baker) switched and rite away said it is better....Trav tried it because Hara told him it was better....so in the middle of my control tire testing for nats, I tried it and my car just seemed more dialed. The signal seems stronger....and the ergonomics are nice...It took a couple laps to get used to the increase in spring tension....but thats it...in a couple laps I was turning faster lap times than earlier in the day with my M11 that I ran for a year!

P.S. good luck with the new speedo launch that is coming soon....I bet the stuff is good...
Old 05-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Team Tekin

I knew that, I was just lightening things up. These forums are so full of emotion which is what I guess makes them fun because people can speak their mind freely... maybe even to freely and without thinking first

You cannot argue with success. Gotta use what you believe in and what has proven results. I really am curious as a square head ungineeeer because I really do believe that the pros can feel things most cannot. Putting that in techinical terms can be tough. I guess I need to buy a 3pk and check it out. Maybe it is the mechanics of the steering wheel and trigger that provides better precise control. Many radios have slipped pots in the trigger and you would never know it. We get units back all the time that are radio programed with a nuetral that is off and only has 30% throttle throw and 70% brake throw or worse. Backwards and provides less resolution on throttle. M11 man myself but for no good reason.

Prez
Old 05-21-2007, 10:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i beleive the 3pk has the highest resolution of all the controllers. anyone know if thats true?