R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-05-2007, 04:55 PM   #91
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

How about gathering some data that could make the Sponsorship of a ROAR race something a company *NOT* in our industry invest in. Perhaps a deal with a magazine to cover all of the *BIG* races with the Sponsor's logo predominantly exposed. Then follow with the distribution numbers of the magazine. Also follow with the basic *AGE* demographic of our usual suspects.

If you like what you see...pop it into a folder and send it to your local Coke or Pepsi Bottling facility (Energy Drink Company) and see if you can get some Sponsorship $$. Perhaps even let them in on the *DRINK* concession etc......
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:12 PM   #92
Tech Master

Sponsoring a race is not an investment, it's giving back to the industry that you make a living in. Realistically, Tekin and every other company races to advertise that their product works and works well enough to win at the track. This is then used to get non-racers, or even occasional racers to put their product in the part of the industry that makes money.

That's not to say that racers don't make up a lot of sales, but the part of sponsoring a race is to give back. GOODYEAR sponsors big races to have their name mention, but also to show that they support what they are doing.

Advertising in general rarely has a night and day effect on the bottom line. The comment i say most is..."Coke is known around the world, but yet they still spend an ungodly amount in advertising." Why is that? Because they know that sales won't slump today or maybe tomorrow, but in the "new is hot" world we live in, if somebody out advertises them...it's game over.

It seems like another question here is "What races have the best immediate impact?" My take is smaller local ones, where the average racer never saw a company rep, factory driver, and so on. ROAR races are filled with non-buying factory guys. The regionals are where they are people that buy products, the local big races that attract nobody. Sending a rep to that (Like the 24hr race) and helping people will make life long customers...that and having product in an RTR. I still prefer Airtronics simply because that was what came with my Falcon....Tekin was what I ran forever, because it was the first one I bought.
DerekB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:04 PM   #93
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sponsorships generate good will in the mind of the customer. Example, you sponsor Mo ... and some of us, myself included, go from "who's Tekin?" to thinking, "hmmm... maybe I need to get one of those...."

Does the money "trickle down" from big races? I think it does. Big races fuel little ones. Who plays football in the back yard, and doesn't dream of playing in the Super Bowl?

#3 (the best reason)
Although most companies today exist solely to make owners money, there's no reason the mission can't be "make enough cash to have a blast being race bums all over the US and the world". Actually I suspect most R/C companies fall close to this model ....

If you love R/C racing, by all means sponsor whatever you can. Big "Superbowl" races... local races that bring in the new racers and weekend warriors... drivers who show us in person that the stuff is good... cash is good, product is good, it all helps us be able to afford to race and put on races. We love racing so we appreciate the help.
swopemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:27 PM   #94
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big B View Post
I know this is a little off topic, but has any of the sports channels like Speed or ESPN ever brodcast a RC race. I would think that would bring alot of attention to the Hobby, alot of new racers, and outside interest.
The first company to get their name on big-time TV as a sponsor of an event (the Tekin 2007 ROAR Nats??) is gonna have a big lock on public awareness - make your brand a household name & thats the one they'll be looking for when they step into their hobby shop. I sell musical instruments & once a customer is asking for something by brand because that's all they've heard of(esp. if they're a beginner) it's f!#%ing hard to change their mind to something else!
Capelracer is offline   Reply With Quote