Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I NEED HELP CYCLONE PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Default I NEED HELP CYCLONE PROBLEM

I am opening this thread because I have a problem with my Cyclone and I cannot figure this out. I have been racing for 6 years now and I am experienced but this one is driving me crazy so I am going to ask help from anyone that owns the Cyclone.

I own a Cyclone WCE and I was racing one night and I broke a steering arm and a cvd.

Since that time when I hit the throttle and turn my servo to the right, when it is at full speed it is ok, but when it starts to slow down with the wheel turned to the right, it makes a binding noise.

Now I have replaced the CVD, steering block, C hub and everything else I could think of except the front belt.

I can't figure this out and it is driving me crazy. I am very meticulous about my car and my cyclone has always been extremely quiet but this makes my car loud when I turn to the right.

The noie almost sounds like it is coming from the right side of the steering column and then sometimes it sounds like it is coming from the layshaft area.

I NEED HELP

I would really like to hear any suggestions from ayone who has ran into this isue or anyone that has experience in RC and building kits.

Thanks guys.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Are they the alumnium or steel front cvd's because I had aluminum ones and they bent right away but the steel ones stay straight
Old 05-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

they are the cvd's that came with the kit.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

is this with the spool or the oneway?
Old 05-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The stock units on the WCE edition dosen't bend, i'm driving 3,5t brushless and I've never bent any of them, however huge slop delevoped and had to replace them because of that.

The problem you describe is most likely drive train chatter, nothing you can do about that other than giving the parts a chance to break in, it'll most likely to away with time.

And ask this in the Hotbodies Cyclone thread next time, a good chance more Cyclone knowing people will see your post

Edit: you did, but why ask the same question in two different places?
Old 05-19-2007, 04:26 PM
Tech Adept

Hey, i am not a cyclone expert as i drive Xray. But try checking the blade at the end of the universal. This plastic peice clips on to the pin at the end of the CVD. Mine broke, made my car chatter turning one way really bad, make sure you check both sides. Also, how high is your steering rate, if my rate is up very high it starts chattering into corners. I hope this helps.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Vones3kid
Hey, i am not a cyclone expert as i drive Xray. But try checking the blade at the end of the universal. This plastic peice clips on to the pin at the end of the CVD. Mine broke, made my car chatter turning one way really bad, make sure you check both sides
I never thought to check the diff cup adaters. I am going to replace mine and maybe this will help.

I placed it here first and then I saw the cyclone thread and posted it there as well
Old 05-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi ,

I had a similar thing happen to my car after a crash and damage to the right front of my cyclone. The car afterward would make like a rubbing sound when turning hard right. I did as u did and changed almost everything on the right front and the sound remained. I discovered after the crash that the inside wheel rim would rub against the front suspension arm and that is what was creating the rubbing sound. So i replaced the suspension arm, suspension shafts and the noise disappeared.
Have no idea if this is the cause of your problem, but it is something to check, if you haven't already.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info guys, I will try that.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

I FOUND THE PROBLEM

The problem was with the aluminum outdrives. Or it had to do with the CVD blades that I had to put on.

Yesterday I ordered a new diff for the Cyclone and used the outdrives that it came with instead of the aluminum ones. After installing the new diff, I hit the throttle and turned the car to the right and heard nothing. So it had to do with the outdrives being a little bent (could not see it) or with the blades that you have to put on the end of the CVD.

thanks guys.