Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

sorry but if you look at my earlier posts you can see i bid on it being in a hurry wich was really dumb of me.
Old 04-15-2003, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

do you think I could sell it on this forum for more than $27.24?

Last edited by traxxasdude; 04-15-2003 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-15-2003, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Herminator
I've no idea of the specs of the esc you bid on, if it's cheap then I doubt it will handle anything more than 19T, if it's normally not the lowest spec of the range than it may go upto 14T or something in that region. It's still worth it if it only handles slower mod motors, for street running on a budget like I suspect you do then a stock motor is the best idea, it will run longer and require a lot less maintanence. As you've said your msc can't handle a mod motor anyway. If you have one in your other car and a mod motor then the mod can't be a low wind motor, msc's just can't handle the high current draw, simple as that. Low end esc's also can't handle high current draw but they do offer more run time, more controlability and more speed. Going out and bidding on the first thing you see on ebay is also not a very good idea, try doing some research first, especially when you say money is tight, spend it wisely.
did you say it might be able to handle a higher turn motor like a 17x2 mod motor?
Old 04-15-2003, 08:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Well, the duratrax sprint is rated for 20 turn motors. I don't think anyone would buy it. Try the LRP reverse. has a 16 turn limit and is 50 dollars. But it you don't want reverse get the duratrax streak. 12 turn limit for 40 bucks. If you're on spring break, find out if someone wants their car washed. You should get 5 dollars at the minimum. But the sprint cannot work with 17 turn motors. It may work for a while but if the esc doesn't have overheat protection, that esc will catch fire and you'll melt your chassis.
Old 04-16-2003, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

What is the cheapest esc with a 9t limet with reverse. I have already had spring break but I have been able to keep homework off my things to do hehe but would I be able to sell the sprint for atleast $27.24 my max bid on ebay wich is what it went up to on ebay. I comes with deans batt conectors but I am going to change that to tmiya conectors.
Old 04-17-2003, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

do you think that the sprint will work with a 20t stinger. Traxxas says its mod but I doubt that it is because my msc can handle it as long as I don't go forward and than stop it or go up a hill etc.

Last edited by traxxasdude; 04-18-2003 at 04:09 AM.
Old 04-19-2003, 04:15 AM
Tech Regular

just posted this post to bring this thread to the first page again so it might get more views and replies.
Old 04-21-2003, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

about the sprint, does it real;ly need the capacitors? I've tried to make the best of buying the esc and easter money, I've bought a p2k2 pro with a 22t and 23t pinion for the tl-01. Oh, btw I got my p2k2 pro for $28 NEW. If you would like to see where I got it click here

Last edited by traxxasdude; 04-21-2003 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-25-2003, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

oh great another problem, I changed the connectors going to the reciever, battery, and motor. Then I found out that I can turn but I can not go forward or backward
Old 04-27-2003, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

found out I need a new connector for esc, another thing to wait for . just found out I have a navak 1988 t-4.
Old 04-27-2003, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by SegaBowMan
Well, the duratrax sprint is rated for 20 turn motors. I don't think anyone would buy it. Try the LRP reverse. has a 16 turn limit and is 50 dollars. But it you don't want reverse get the duratrax streak. 12 turn limit for 40 bucks. If you're on spring break, find out if someone wants their car washed. You should get 5 dollars at the minimum. But the sprint cannot work with 17 turn motors. It may work for a while but if the esc doesn't have overheat protection, that esc will catch fire and you'll melt your chassis.
my dad says I should get $5 max for inside and out !
Old 04-27-2003, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Your fathers a scrooge Go around your block and ask around, I'm sure you'll have some people bite, especially if you have oldies in your area.
Old 04-27-2003, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

better hope my dad doesn't see that he'll kill me and you will no longer hear from me. And btw the t-4 works great, and this is a 1988 esc
Old 04-27-2003, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

just to prove how fast it is going (until I broke my mach 2 ) my car has a problem were when it hits 35 it stars suddenly jerking, well anyways it hit the curb and my tire flew atleast 10ft in the air
Old 04-28-2003, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

got pulse r working, lost pinion gear , ordered pinion gear a week ago and still hasn't shipped.