R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-18-2007, 11:13 AM   #91

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah don't let the venue change discourage anyone. This will actually make it much easier for you to go racing, the fly in was totally unexpected and having everyone getting hotels in Everett or Lynnwood would have made it somewhat miserable for a lot of you. While SIR is a small track, it's a great facility with a good hobby shop and there will be room for everyone. Doug knows how to make a race happen, so he will accomodate.
Desolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:20 AM   #92
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrys
Do you know what will be the availability of the track for practice the weekend prior and the beginning of that week (while I am flying 3000 miles)?
Details like this will be posted very shortly. The track will be open with extended hours the week prior to the race.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:38 AM   #93
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrys
Now that the track is closer to the airport and hotels I have heard of (and have free points for...), I am actually more thinking of going now.

Do you know what will be the availability of the track for practice the weekend prior and the beginning of that week (while I am flying 3000 miles)?
I called and talked to Doug as the flight which had already been booked has me arriving the Friday before so I could practice/club race/whatever was hapenning @ peelit Sat, Sun, Mon ...Doug indicated that SIR would be open to the public Sat/Sun and that they are normally closed on Monday but because of the nats would also be open to the public on Monday.
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:39 AM   #94
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X
Hey, it's still the Nats. It doesn't really matter where it is, it is the same track for everyone racing. As for the Nats being on the west coast (again), putting on an event like the Nats is A LOT of work, time and money. Last year we were lucky enough to have Harsh Guy doing the vast majority of the work (Harsh, you ARE the BEST). I bet Harsh still hasn't caught up on all those nights of sleep he missed. Lots of tracks don't either have the facilities or the personel to put on a race of this magnitude. But, if you have never been to a National Championship event, even if only to watch, you are missing out. I have never left one where I thought that the race/event/location/etc was not top notch.

If you don't plan on attending, just don't comment.
If you do plan on attending, keep your comments until you have actually attended the event.

Always remember, we are only playing with toy cars. Girls do not think that this is cool (which explains the lack of groupies at the races). It IS a hobby that is supposed to be fun.

See everyone in a couple of months!
No need for compliments, just send cash
Old 05-18-2007, 11:55 AM   #95
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

... don't forget to check ROAR rules on when the track can open for a national event....
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:14 PM   #96
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I agree with this. Look at the Asphalt nats the last 4 years. Oregon, Fl, CA, WA. Thats real nice for us NE's, and Midwesterners. And I know that Asphalt isnt huge in the NE. But come on we race it here. People will travel anywhere to race the Nats.
Ok sorry about the rant. Back to the Topic at hand.

I wont be attending this race but I'm sure it will be run well, and Im sure the change is for the best. Not that I know.
Our local track have a nice indoor asphalt in Frederick, MD that is holding a "Pre-ROAR National Race " on June 23rd and 24th . http://www.htufrederickmd.com/RCraces.htm
The track is 50x100 tennis grade asphalt and plenty of pit space......

Maybe The C should put in a bid for next years ROAR race.....
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:23 PM   #97
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Now the soapbox....
Congrats and atta-boy/girl/what ever to the organizors of this event...
1. ROAR ( Dawn ) did the right thing considering what went down.. She took the high road and said/posted that the venue changed and did/would not speak of what happened. Bravo Dawn...

2. ROAR again stepped up along with SIR to keep the event in tha same place as not to cause people to scramble and change plans/etc.. Again Bravo ROAR and SIR.

3. SIR for stepping up and possible saving this race and for changing their hours to accommadate the out of town racers.

4. EddieO for answering on who/what/where/how and why the venue changed...

5. And to the racers and members of this forum for turning a possible bad situation ( like posting all sorts of nasty comments ) into an event that people will talk about....
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:37 PM   #98
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
... don't forget to check ROAR rules on when the track can open for a national event....
Dawn, I working on the schedule for SIR right now. I scanned through the entire RMT Nationals guidelines doc on the site as well as the 2007 rule book. Can you point me to a specific section showing the schedule rules for the track?
Old 05-18-2007, 12:41 PM   #99
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Dawn, I working on the schedule for SIR right now. I scanned through the entire RMT Nationals guidelines doc on the site as well as the 2007 rule book. Can you point me to a specific section showing the schedule rules for the track?
if applicable: I assume your track has the ability to change formatting, if not, I apologize.

12.3.1 The specific Nationals track layout will not be run on prior to the race except for a minimum of two and a maximum of four days prior to the event. Permanent (non-adjustable) on road courses and oval tracks of all surfaces may be excluded from this rule.

Please have Doug email me a deviation request to this rule if necessary as well as lane widths, if necessary. We will make this happen!!!
Old 05-18-2007, 12:42 PM   #100
Tech Elite

entry flyer reflects the changes made:

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...Entry_Form.pdf

unfortunately, its already been printed in magazines..... although, if you use one of those, thats fine. You'll just get a call from me making sure you know of the venue change.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:44 PM   #101
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
if applicable: I assume your track has the ability to change formatting, if not, I apologize.

12.3.1 The specific Nationals track layout will not be run on prior to the race except for a minimum of two and a maximum of four days prior to the event. Permanent (non-adjustable) on road courses and oval tracks of all surfaces may be excluded from this rule.

Please have Doug email me a deviation request to this rule if necessary as well as lane widths, if necessary. We will make this happen!!!
Nope, our track is not permanent, we will have a track change prior to the event in accordance with the rules. The only deviation required is 10ft to 8ft lane widths and race direction I believe.

I thought you were saying there were rules saying when the track must be open before the event.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:45 PM   #102
Tech Elite

Quote:
You just can't run the same layout as the nationals e.g. you can run up to monday, shut down tuesday to "reconfigure" the track and you're good to go.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:45 PM   #103
Tech Elite

Quote:
Nope, our track is not permanent, we will have a track change prior to the event in accordance with the rules. The only deviation required is 10ft to 8ft lane widths and race direction I believe.
okey dokey - just have an email sent to me at [email protected] with those requests. I have to, per bylaws of Excom, forward to each director for approval status.

Thanks.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:46 PM   #104
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
You just can't run the same layout as the nationals e.g. you can run up to monday, shut down tuesday to "reconfigure" the track and you're good to go.
Simple miscommunication, I was talking about track open schedule, Dawn was talking about layout.

We already planned on a track change Tuesday night.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:46 PM   #105
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
yep.... back door way of thinking about it... but it works and it works well....

as long as the track is different on the first day of the event, as per the entry flyer... must be fair to everyone.