R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-18-2007, 07:34 AM   #76
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony.L
It's not something for discussion in a public forum.

I personally think anything that involves people that make plans to fly across the country and take vacation days months prior, expecting to go somewhere and race and then be told that the plans have to change have a right to know why.

Roar will never gain any respect if things like this continue to happen. Nothing like a nationals having even more limited entries than usual and a smaller track than expected. Im glad this was one of the 2 races I can afford/get vacation time for.
Chassis Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:43 AM   #77
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Why blame Roar? Dawn is busting her butt to make things as easy as she can for people going to this race. She could have moved it to the midwest then you would have all been screwed. Then I could have maybe went.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:03 AM   #78
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAlford
Why blame Roar? Dawn is busting her butt to make things as easy as she can for people going to this race. She could have moved it to the midwest then you would have all been screwed. Then I could have maybe went.
I will agree with Alford here - I don't have a clue of the specifics, but it doesn't seem it is ROAR's fault for the venue change - if anyones fault at all....

Crap happens and they are making the best of the situation - I am sure they don't want to change venues as much as the rest of the racers out there. They are trying to accomodate everyone as best as possible for those that have made flight arrangements already.....

And from the sounds of it, the track doesn't seem that much smaller that Peel-It - 2 ft wider and only 7 ft shorter.......

Just my $.02
Mr. McGoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:13 AM   #79
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to CarlosG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAlford

I agree also with David. It sucks to see all the major race on the east or west coast at least on this situation.
CarlosG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:20 AM   #80
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

I agree with this. Look at the Asphalt nats the last 4 years. Oregon, Fl, CA, WA. Thats real nice for us NE's, and Midwesterners. And I know that Asphalt isnt huge in the NE. But come on we race it here. People will travel anywhere to race the Nats.
Ok sorry about the rant. Back to the Topic at hand.

I wont be attending this race but I'm sure it will be run well, and Im sure the change is for the best. Not that I know.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:27 AM   #81
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kwikvdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I agree with this. Look at the Asphalt nats the last 4 years. Oregon, Fl, CA, WA. Thats real nice for us NE's, and Midwesterners. And I know that Asphalt isnt huge in the NE. But come on we race it here.
I think it would be the BIGGEST ever if it was hosted in the Northeast. How bout' we have it here next year. Maybe Jackson or 301 Raceway. Two great racetracks!!

TQRacing / 360 v2 RC Raceway / Team Downgrade Designs
Kwikvdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:43 AM   #82
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Guys, please don't slam ROAR......its pretty much my fault and I am extremely sorry.

I planned on closing Peel-It down at the end of July, the only reason I was keeping it open till then was to honor my comittment to running the event there. When I informed the owner that the track would be shutting down, he was a bit upset as he trying to sell the building, which is hard with a lease getting terminated. He asked me to vacate sooner than later so he could fill the spot ASAP....so, I could of tried to move it to a parking lot, but we still have a massive problem with hotels......they are simply sold out entirely in the two towns (arlington and marysville) because of the Arlington Fly-In, which is the 3rd largest fly in in the nation.

Doug was going to be the Race Director at my place anyways, so it's mainly just a track change.

So I suggested to Dawn to talk to SIR, a ROAR approved track about hosting the event at his track. His track is literally minutes away from the Airport......I think like 10. It will take you longer to get to baggage claim than it will to get to the track. And because of this, there is literally a TON of hotels within minutes of the track at good prices. I had hoped maybe he could hold it outside cause his track isn't as big as normally used for paved nats, but its not as small as people make it out to be. The track is a blast to run on and everyone will have a good time.

I checked with the Airlines.....a canceled event is not grounds for a refund or switch in flight without charge (I called Alaska, NW, Delta, and United, along with a local travel agent).....only a family emergency or injury is. So making 40+ people change flights at $50+ per person was a bit steep....especially since there was a local track that could host the event.

And lastly......please keep in mind, Peel-It was the ONLY applicant for Paved Nats.....I was flat out told that if a midwest or east coast track applied, the event would go to them to keep the east coast/west coast thing going every other year. Nobody applied, even after they contacted tracks after the deadline to apply.....

Again, I am truely sorry for this, but I had to do what was best for the event....

Later EddieO
Old 05-18-2007, 08:46 AM   #83
Tech Legend

Thank you Eddie for the explanation ....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:47 AM   #84
Tech Master

Thank you to all who have been posting. Both positive and less than positive.
As was stated earlier, the reason why the change will be posted when Eddie feels it's time.
As for now, myself and the group of people that help out at the track will do everything we can to make sure this event will be fun for all.
Once again the track size is not much smaller at all. We will be able to accommodate the drivers for pit space.
All though the location has changed it has not changed much in distance from Peel-it's front door to Seattle Indoor Raceway is about 68 miles. We are less than 5 Min. from Sea-Tac Airport and as you can see have many hotels and motel to choose from. The Town Place has a special rate for anyone coming to this event, just tell them you are here for the race.

Please give Dawn the credit she deserves for helping to make sure then event is run rather than canceled.
If you have any questions feel free to call me or pm me and I will do my best to help out. Look forward to see you guy's at the race.
Thanks Doug
rchoudini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:50 AM   #85
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Thank you, Eddie.

And, Doug.. thank you for stepping up to do this. Short notice and all and with the guff already given to you on this thread....

you both are class acts.
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:12 AM   #86
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Thank you, Eddie.

And, Doug.. thank you for stepping up to do this. Short notice and all and with the guff already given to you on this thread....

you both are class acts.
I think Eddie, Doug, and Dawn are all to be commended. This was a race that could have not happened at all, but the three of you ironed out the details in a completely acceptable and timely manner.

I haven't said this too many times in my 20 years in this hobby, but here goes, "WAY TO GO ROAR!!!!"
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:27 AM   #87
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosG.
I agree also with David. It sucks to see all the major race on the east or west coast at least on this situation.
Did any tracks from those areas apply? I'm not sure about this year, but my understanding was that for last year for the asphalt nats at Speedworld, we were the only ones that applied.
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:31 AM   #88
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Did any tracks from those areas apply? I'm not sure about this year, but my understanding was that for last year for the asphalt nats at Speedworld, we were the only ones that applied.

Oh ..never mind I guess here's your answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
And lastly......please keep in mind, Peel-It was the ONLY applicant for Paved Nats.....I was flat out told that if a midwest or east coast track applied, the event would go to them to keep the east coast/west coast thing going every other year. Nobody applied, even after they contacted tracks after the deadline to apply.....
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:04 AM   #89
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey, it's still the Nats. It doesn't really matter where it is, it is the same track for everyone racing. As for the Nats being on the west coast (again), putting on an event like the Nats is A LOT of work, time and money. Last year we were lucky enough to have Harsh Guy doing the vast majority of the work (Harsh, you ARE the BEST). I bet Harsh still hasn't caught up on all those nights of sleep he missed. Lots of tracks don't either have the facilities or the personel to put on a race of this magnitude. But, if you have never been to a National Championship event, even if only to watch, you are missing out. I have never left one where I thought that the race/event/location/etc was not top notch.

If you don't plan on attending, just don't comment.
If you do plan on attending, keep your comments until you have actually attended the event.

Always remember, we are only playing with toy cars. Girls do not think that this is cool (which explains the lack of groupies at the races). It IS a hobby that is supposed to be fun.

See everyone in a couple of months!
SpeedWorld Raceway Roseville CA.
Racer X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:08 AM   #90
Tech Addict

Default More interested in going now

Now that the track is closer to the airport and hotels I have heard of (and have free points for...), I am actually more thinking of going now.

Do you know what will be the availability of the track for practice the weekend prior and the beginning of that week (while I am flying 3000 miles)?
barrys is offline   Reply With Quote