R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-31-2010, 10:29 PM   #1096
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default TA-05 roller wanted

Anyone have a TA-05 roller they would like to part with ?

Any version, box stock or whatever. Chassis needs to be complete and functional.

PM me.
Firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:35 AM   #1097
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
Can the regular TA05 be converted to a TA05V2 ?
it can but at that cost maybe worth getting a new kit?

u would have to get the ifs setup and do all the conversion bits and there are even more parts if you have an older ta05.
platypus_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:57 AM   #1098
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to Wild Wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Wild Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverGeared View Post
Can somebody please confirm...

Are the front and rear belts of the TA05 series cars compatible with my TA05 MS?

Thanks.
The TA05 MS combines that of the TRF415 into the TA05..meaning you have the chassis layout of the TA05 but with the carbon fiber and setup of the TRF415. That being said, yes, the belts from the MS should work.
However, the MS has a wide pitch front and rear diff gears and the TA05 as the standard pitch gear.
Don't know if this will make that big of a difference for you or not.
I'm using wide pitch on my TA05-IFS but using the standard belts.
HPI - WR8 3.0
Tamiya - TA05-IFS (for drifting and TC)
Wild Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:26 PM   #1099
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Wolf View Post
The TA05 MS combines that of the TRF415 into the TA05..meaning you have the chassis layout of the TA05 but with the carbon fiber and setup of the TRF415. That being said, yes, the belts from the MS should work.
However, the MS has a wide pitch front and rear diff gears and the TA05 as the standard pitch gear.
Don't know if this will make that big of a difference for you or not.
I'm using wide pitch on my TA05-IFS but using the standard belts.
the ms manual shows that the it uses a long rear and shorter front belt. all ta05's except the ms use the same length belt front and rear. the part numbers are different too.

the wide pitch pulley should have no problem working. it has less drag or something but that's all.
platypus_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:08 AM   #1100
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchy View Post
I was asking more like a complete pack of parts. I've seen the parts list but some items are not available and shipping from various vendors can get quite expensive.

Just wondering if someone sold an unofficial "everything you need to convert" pack of parts.
soulstice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #1101
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulstice View Post
I was asking more like a complete pack of parts. I've seen the parts list but some items are not available and shipping from various vendors can get quite expensive.

Just wondering if someone sold an unofficial "everything you need to convert" pack of parts.
No, they don't. At least, not to my knowledge. You have to do everything "a la cart" style.

with my IFS, most hobby stores don't have parts, especially "hop-ups."
So I'm always having to order parts, and most come from Japan.
HPI - WR8 3.0
Old 01-04-2011, 12:58 PM   #1102
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by platypus_s13 View Post
the ms manual shows that the it uses a long rear and shorter front belt. all ta05's except the ms use the same length belt front and rear. the part numbers are different too.

the wide pitch pulley should have no problem working. it has less drag or something but that's all.
Thanks for the update on that...wasn't exactly sure myself...just from what I was reading up on. It did not occur to me to look at the manual LOL.
HPI - WR8 3.0
Old 01-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #1103
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulstice View Post

If you have the list of parts that you need to convert, you can either PM me or email customersupport (at) speedtechrc.com for a quote.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:16 PM   #1104
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchy View Post
If you have the list of parts that you need to convert, you can either PM me or email customersupport (at) speedtechrc.com for a quote.
If some one has sent you that list, I'd like a quote too.

thanks
Old 03-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #1105
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OK, I'll throw this out for the past & current IFS-R racer.
I run a TA05-IFS-R in USGT. Ozite & HPI X-patterns pro
medium-high traction. 3rd yr driver usually run middle of the pack, we usually have solid A & B mains.

I've been experimenting with roll center this year. Stock settings on a IFS-R has low pivot blocks, 3mm spacers in the front (parallel camber links) and no spacers under rear inner camber link. The way I understand it this causes the front to roll more than the rear and the front has more traction. I've never been able to find a carpet setup for IFS-R but always heard stock setup is dialed. I guess what bugs me is 3mm difference between front and back, that seems huge and the back swings like a gate, way too loose for me. In fact I've gone to ultra hard spring (fr) & red (rear) 1mm spacers (fr & rear) and a sway bar in the front just to get the rear planted.

Is the IFS such a different chassis than a standard TA05R?
The hugh difference in spring wt bugs me, considering stock is yellow Frt & rear ( granted I don't know what tamiya tested with-tires or track)

I feel I'm missing something or am I over analyzing the setup and should just go with what works?
Old 03-06-2011, 09:27 AM   #1106
Tech Elite

I'm having the same amount of trouble under totaly different circumstances. I race on asphalt high-meduim traction in a technical course. Last season the car never seemed to hook up, and it felt like driving on ice. I've since then reworked the setup but have not yet been able to race it. The biggest problem I've had is that the chassis is already heavy, so balancing it makes it heavier still.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:10 AM   #1107
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxrocket View Post
I'm having the same amount of trouble under totaly different circumstances. I race on asphalt high-meduim traction in a technical course. Last season the car never seemed to hook up, and it felt like driving on ice. I've since then reworked the setup but have not yet been able to race it. The biggest problem I've had is that the chassis is already heavy, so balancing it makes it heavier still.
The problem you guys are having is not a roll center issue, it is a droop issue. Roll center can cause instability, but how much droop you have or don't have can be a bigger culprit. Roll center is more about how quickly the car changes direction. The flatter and longer the link is the slower the car will rotate. Droop is what controls the weight transfer and half a millimeter one way or the other can make or break a setup. I had similar issues as you described, and I chased the roll centers back and forth and got really frustrated, and then someone helped me get the droop right, and it was like a whole new car. Also as far as a wagging tail , look at your shock position, the more laid over the shock is will give you better side bite, to a point. Rear toe is another good thing to look at as well. But no one thing is going to fix the car, its going to take some time to sort through it.
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #1108
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
The problem you guys are having is not a roll center issue, it is a droop issue. Roll center can cause instability, but how much droop you have or don't have can be a bigger culprit. Roll center is more about how quickly the car changes direction. The flatter and longer the link is the slower the car will rotate. Droop is what controls the weight transfer and half a millimeter one way or the other can make or break a setup. I had similar issues as you described, and I chased the roll centers back and forth and got really frustrated, and then someone helped me get the droop right, and it was like a whole new car. Also as far as a wagging tail , look at your shock position, the more laid over the shock is will give you better side bite, to a point. Rear toe is another good thing to look at as well. But no one thing is going to fix the car, its going to take some time to sort through it.
I have a ta05 v2R and run at the tamiya test track in Aliso Viejo CA. I have had the same problems too and need to get my droop set up properly. Does anyone have any droop, shock set up recommendations for the ta05 v2R at the tamiya track in CA?
Dirt_McGirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #1109
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt_McGirt View Post
I have a ta05 v2R and run at the tamiya test track in Aliso Viejo CA. I have had the same problems too and need to get my droop set up properly. Does anyone have any droop, shock set up recommendations for the ta05 v2R at the tamiya track in CA?
I would start somewhere between 2 and 3mn down travel from arms level position on all 4 corners and adjust according to what the car is doing. Too loose on entry, take a bit out of the rear, not enough rotation, add in a1/4 turn until it feels right. Same thing on corner exit, if the car is loose add in 1/4 turn to the front until it feels good. If it is pushing take out a 1/4 turn
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #1110
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
I would start somewhere between 2 and 3mn down travel from arms level position on all 4 corners and adjust according to what the car is doing. Too loose on entry, take a bit out of the rear, not enough rotation, add in a1/4 turn until it feels right. Same thing on corner exit, if the car is loose add in 1/4 turn to the front until it feels good. If it is pushing take out a 1/4 turn
Thank you for the help BP, I will start there and adjust accordingly
Dirt_McGirt is offline   Reply With Quote