Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TA05 IFS

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 01:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mr LowDown
can i use 416's suspension mount onto my ta05?
Yes that won't be a problem
Old 04-07-2010, 01:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Fat Corgi
Hi there,
I'm trying to fit universals to the front of my IFS and can't manage to get the right set up. So far I have bought...
46mm Assembly Universal Shafts (53847)
48mm Swing Shafts (53836)

It seems that the outer axles now are too long as there is a 2mm gap between the pin and hex block and the outer bearings.
Any thoughts?

Help appreciated.
Have you changed the wheel axles too? if you have changed to the TB-03/TRF416 wheel axles then you need to change your steering knuckles and rear uprights to the TB-03/TRF416 version as well because they use a different size bearing, I think the original IFS uses 9x5x3 bearings in the steering knuckles but the IFS-R/TB-03/TRF416 uses 10x5x4 bearings so a longer wheel axle was needed.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Fitting a Novak Havoc Pro Brushless System

Hi,

I have a TA-05 IFS EBBRO BTEC Maziora 350R which I would like to fit a Novak Havoc Pro Brushless System into. The whole thing is pre-wired which is going to create some housekeeping issues under the body but I had a question about locating the ESC and capacitor.

Does anyone have any photos of a Novak Havoc Pro Brushless System installed in their car?

It looks like the ESC will fit between the motor and rear axle as indicated in the instructions but it is a very tight fit and it looks like there are three ways I could orientate it.

IMG_0497
I will need to run the sensor and receiver wire very close to the motor itself as per the attached photo.

IMG_0499
Motor wires to the outside of the car, quite neat routing of battery cables etc. Could probably tuck capacitor up on rear suspension somewhere

IMG_0502
Motor wires to the inside of the car right beside the drive belt, will create some problems stopping cables rubbing on the belt...

497 or 499 look like the best options to me but this is the first time I have installed a brushless system.

I don't want to cut any cables as the system will get transferred from car to car over time.

Any comments much appreciated, thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TA05 IFS-img_0497.jpg   Tamiya TA05 IFS-img_0499.jpg   Tamiya TA05 IFS-img_0502.jpg  
Old 04-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skitee
Yes that won't be a problem
thanks a lot..
Old 04-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Drifting left

Hey guys. Quick question. I now have a 10.5 Ballistic in my TA05 and am noticing that when I get to about 50% throttle, the car starts pulling to the left. It's not a huge amount, but when the car reaches max speeds, I have to slightly compensate for the drifting. What would cause this? Any hints would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Old 04-14-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys. Quick question. I now have a 10.5 Ballistic in my TA05 and am noticing that when I get to about 50% throttle, the car starts pulling to the left. It's not a huge amount, but when the car reaches max speeds, I have to slightly compensate for the drifting. What would cause this? Any hints would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Check you tires real closely and make sure they are glued well
Old 04-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Just checked them, the tyres are all well-adhered to the wheels. Any other suggestions?
Old 04-20-2010, 03:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just checked them, the tyres are all well-adhered to the wheels. Any other suggestions?
During accelleration your front wheels toe-in. You can check this by firmly holding the front end down and then trying to rotate the front spool forward. You will see that the front wheels as well as the front uprights move. If the amount of movement between the right and left side is not equal then your car will pull in the direction where there is least movement.

The opposite happens when you brake hard. The wheels will toe-out and the uprights will move back and the car will pull in the direction with the most movement.

So check for equal play in your front steering set up.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by fritzzz
Hi,

I have a TA-05 IFS EBBRO BTEC Maziora 350R which I would like to fit a Novak Havoc Pro Brushless System into. The whole thing is pre-wired which is going to create some housekeeping issues under the body but I had a question about locating the ESC and capacitor.

Does anyone have any photos of a Novak Havoc Pro Brushless System installed in their car?

It looks like the ESC will fit between the motor and rear axle as indicated in the instructions but it is a very tight fit and it looks like there are three ways I could orientate it.

IMG_0497
I will need to run the sensor and receiver wire very close to the motor itself as per the attached photo.

IMG_0499
Motor wires to the outside of the car, quite neat routing of battery cables etc. Could probably tuck capacitor up on rear suspension somewhere

IMG_0502
Motor wires to the inside of the car right beside the drive belt, will create some problems stopping cables rubbing on the belt...

497 or 499 look like the best options to me but this is the first time I have installed a brushless system.

I don't want to cut any cables as the system will get transferred from car to car over time.

What about these - any ideas? Thanks
Old 04-21-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What about these - any ideas? Thanks
I'd see what maximum length your other car(s) need and shorten those wires! First and second pics look fine and plug to receiver wire should go through the motor guard anyways. When I had my GTB in that car, I zip tied the capacitor to the rear brace. If I had to choose though, I'd probably do #2. HTH
Old 04-22-2010, 04:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by stitchy
I'd see what maximum length your other car(s) need and shorten those wires! First and second pics look fine and plug to receiver wire should go through the motor guard anyways. When I had my GTB in that car, I zip tied the capacitor to the rear brace. If I had to choose though, I'd probably do #2. HTH
Thanks a lot - is it easier / better to solder them at the motor end or ESC end?

I've looked at it a couple more times and have reached the same conclusion that they need to be shortened.

Cheers
Old 04-22-2010, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

motor end
Old 04-26-2010, 12:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by stitchy
motor end
Thanks - that's what I thought but it's always nice to check!

Cheers
Old 05-31-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

IMG_0497

IMG_0499

IMG_0502

I'm in a similar scenario as I run a TA05 IFS with gear that goes in and out of my Associated T3. First of all if you're OK with the soldering I would cut the wires down a bit, they're surely longer than you would need foor any other model but those are just my thoughts.

Regarding ESC layout, I personally would rule out option 2 with the solder tabs facing the outside of the chassis - if you took a particularly hard hit these would likely break which is not cool.

I think option 1 is your best bet as your leads are away from the belt. What I would also recommend are a few tips I use; first, rotate the motor can counter-clockwise so that the solder tabs are at 9 o'clock; this is a little dangerous as they could get hit in a crash but they could still get hit at 12 o'clock anyway. This means the distance between your motor tabs and your ESC is longer so your leads dont look so obviously overly long. You could buy a short sensor lead for a few dollars also.

Also, the rear chassis brace is a great spot for mounting your capacitor - if you look closely it has a little slot in it that you can fit a couple of tie wraps through. Place your capacitor onto of the brace and loop the tie wraps through the brace - keeps it secure, out of the way of moving parts and looks hella cool.

Now I have a few IFS questions of my own - I recently bought a TA05-R and now have an IFS that has been gifted to me from a fellow racer. I have reset the IFS to the completely stock setup and have noticed that the rear suspension arms on the IFS are on backwards. I know that this offers "more suspension options" according to the product blurb but what are the advantages and disadvantages in detail please? Put simply, can anyone advise which way around to run the arms and which mounting holes to use on the arms and tower for a track such as this one please (running yellow springs all round)?

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-01-2010, 04:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Andysan
I'm in a similar scenario as I run a TA05 IFS with gear that goes in and out of my Associated T3. First of all if you're OK with the soldering I would cut the wires down a bit, they're surely longer than you would need foor any other model but those are just my thoughts.

Regarding ESC layout, I personally would rule out option 2 with the solder tabs facing the outside of the chassis - if you took a particularly hard hit these would likely break which is not cool.

I think option 1 is your best bet as your leads are away from the belt. What I would also recommend are a few tips I use; first, rotate the motor can counter-clockwise so that the solder tabs are at 9 o'clock; this is a little dangerous as they could get hit in a crash but they could still get hit at 12 o'clock anyway. This means the distance between your motor tabs and your ESC is longer so your leads dont look so obviously overly long. You could buy a short sensor lead for a few dollars also.

Also, the rear chassis brace is a great spot for mounting your capacitor - if you look closely it has a little slot in it that you can fit a couple of tie wraps through. Place your capacitor onto of the brace and loop the tie wraps through the brace - keeps it secure, out of the way of moving parts and looks hella cool.
Thanks, I ended up having to go with Option 2 as I also need to be able to see the LEDs on the ESC for various programming options etc. It's all come up pretty well but getting the cap to the brace is a bit tricky so I've wired it all in together for the moment and will look at it again on the weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TA05 IFS-sam_0969.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.