R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-24-2009, 01:12 PM   #916
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

dameetz, I found one in stock at www.ultimatehobbies.com I do not know if they ship international, so you may want to drop them an email to ask. Otherwise keep looking I know there are still some out there.
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:48 PM   #917
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrydtan View Post
Yupe, happen lots of time to me. Like you, i've decided to use 3x10mm screw and it work better. Also like you, i got the aluminium ones but when i tried to put it on, i can't reuse the 950 bearings. In fact, i think the 1050 bearings can't fit in it too, the hole is too big. Oh well, back to the Tamiya ones then.
+1, I use 3x10 and never come off since
05forfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:57 PM   #918
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbipro View Post
dameetz, I found one in stock at www.ultimatehobbies.com I do not know if they ship international, so you may want to drop them an email to ask. Otherwise keep looking I know there are still some out there.
Thanks Hobbipro, I'll check them out.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:33 AM   #919
Tech Adept

Hi guys,

Just built up my IFS but have a small problem though. After adjusting the steering trim settings and the car tracks straight. But, when i full throttle during low speed the rear of the car tend to slide slightly to the right? How can I overcome this problem? it seems 1 of the wheels not spinning as freely?

Thanks!
vSgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:42 AM   #920
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vSgen View Post
Hi guys,

Just built up my IFS but have a small problem though. After adjusting the steering trim settings and the car tracks straight. But, when i full throttle during low speed the rear of the car tend to slide slightly to the right? How can I overcome this problem? it seems 1 of the wheels not spinning as freely?

Thanks!
Is it possible your rear diff is set too tight? If so, the rear end will get pretty squirly on takeoff...
94eg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:46 PM   #921
Tech Adept

Default Bearing spacers

Where and how are bearing spacers used?

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53891
billb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #922
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb60 View Post
Where and how are bearing spacers used?

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53891
Those simply slip between the the two wheel bearings on each axle shaft. They only work on cars like the TA05-R and TA05-MS that have the original lightweight reversible suspension with 950 wheel bearings...
Old 05-26-2009, 09:37 AM   #923
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Core Creations

If anyone is looking for some IFS bodies....they can be painted for a fee
Tamiya IFS bodies NIP Unpainted Garaiya + Ebbro Lightweight

Mini Mafia Kansas Chapter - where the monster minis grow!
Core Creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:31 AM   #924
Tech Elite

Default Need more steering angle

I have just finished building and testing my IFS today. Box stock its not bad at all...the only thing i m complaining is the lack of steering. Seems that it has less steering angle....I can only get like 15deg when in full steering lock on my Hudy set up station. How can I get more steering angle on this car? Is there option steering plate for it? How do I change the Ackerman?

Thanks.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:28 AM   #925
r_s
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
I have just finished building and testing my IFS today. Box stock its not bad at all...the only thing i m complaining is the lack of steering. Seems that it has less steering angle....I can only get like 15deg when in full steering lock on my Hudy set up station. How can I get more steering angle on this car? Is there option steering plate for it? How do I change the Ackerman?

Thanks.
i think ta05 has tons of steering.. check your steering arm and servo. it should be more than 15deg. there are alu steering arm and also carbon steering plate from tamiya.
and for ackerman you could only choose between 2 holes on the front upright.
it has no ackerman adjustment as on 416.
r_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:11 AM   #926
Tech Elite

Quote:

Thanks.
Yes, I've noticed that too. But when racing it, the car seems to turn on a dime.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:23 AM   #927
Tech Fanatic

For ackerman, you can also the run the steering bridge 180*. The ball-connectors are kinda offset to side from the bearings. This may further reduce steering angle due to inerference with the bell cranks though (I'm not certain)...
Old 06-01-2009, 09:25 AM   #928
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_s View Post
i think ta05 has tons of steering.. check your steering arm and servo. it should be more than 15deg. there are alu steering arm and also carbon steering plate from tamiya.
and for ackerman you could only choose between 2 holes on the front upright.
it has no ackerman adjustment as on 416.
I ve checked those already...everything was normal, no binding...The limiting steering angle problem I think is due to the ball stud on the plate touches the steering arm system. I think I can grind the arm a bit to make a slot for the ball stud...so in theory I will get more angle...has anybody done this yet?

Also what is your toe setting at the font and rear? BTW I think I m going to get some aluminum suspension bridge for the front and rear (either Tamiya or 3racing) so which one will get me 2deg toe in at the rear?

What other option parts do I need to get?

Thanks.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:38 AM   #929
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
7Also what is your toe setting at the font and rear? BTW I think I m going to get some aluminum suspension bridge for the front and rear (either Tamiya or 3racing) so which one will get me 2deg toe in at the rear?

What other option parts do I need to get?

Thanks.
Well the forward rear block must be the "Bridge" style 1A block to clear the belt. From there you can set toe with the rear block. Don't forget to take into consideration the toe setting from the rear upright. I don't recall if they are 1* or 2* on the TA05. I know they are not zero...

If they are 1* uprights, then you would need the 1C rear block for a total of 2* rear toe. If you have 2* rear uprights, then you need another 1A block to keep it 2*.

For each letter you increase, you get .5* more toe in...
Old 06-01-2009, 04:30 PM   #930
Tech Initiate

What pinion would be suitable for a Team Br00d Co27 Pro Stock in a box-fresh TA05IFS with the 70 tooth spur on a tightist track?
xsnoizta05 is offline   Reply With Quote