Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TA05 IFS

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

With the IFS, you can use bodies that have more downforce. Normally the shocks would get in the way. But there are not many companies outside of tamiya that make bodies that take advantage of the car's layout. The best part about the kit is, that it comes with all the parts to make a normal TA05.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

You need to buy the shock tower set to get the front shock tower if you want to convert it to the regular R. but everything else is included
Old 03-29-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FX Racing
Hi
Im looking at buying a Tamiya TA05 IFS or the TA05 IFS R but its the TA05 IFS R a TRF kit if so it will be a problem to get parts for as for some reason TRF parts are very hard to import, also does the IFS provoid any real advantage with the shock position compared to the oringinal TA05? and is the IFS better than the oringial TA05 chassis. All infor will be greatly appreciated.
IFS or Non, get the 'R' version, for the money, the hop ups it comes with are worth the price difference.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

I live in Australia. TRF parts are not easy to get hold of as many hobby shops in Australia deal with Tamiya but dont stock TRF parts or kits, still is the TA05 IFS R a TRF kit? for the reason stated above, I just like to have good parts support in case if I break anything during a local club meet.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

I'd say the TA05 IFS-R!!!!!!! I love mine, I cant tell a difference between my 416 and TA05. Both handle amazing, perfect for parking lot asphalt racing. I did the kit set up with no sway bars, set ride height to 6mm and the things dialed
Old 04-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FX Racing
I live in Australia. TRF parts are not easy to get hold of as many hobby shops in Australia deal with Tamiya but dont stock TRF parts or kits, still is the TA05 IFS R a TRF kit? for the reason stated above, I just like to have good parts support in case if I break anything during a local club meet.
Can try this link !
http://rcmarket.com.hk/index.php?cPath=51_98_120_133
Old 04-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Set up

Where can I find posted set ups for the TA05 IFS-R?
Old 04-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fastforward
Where can I find posted set ups for the TA05 IFS-R?
+1

And any IFS setups in general would be nice as well.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

Im jumping head first into this car any spares and notable things that have to be changed from the non r version that i should get myself. Im only going to do local club things on an asphalt track in not getting to into electric touring racing yet.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've got an IFS-R"-ish" car that was converted from a TA-05R with the old pulleys and front spool.

Question: Could I simply replace the (16 tooth) center pulley with an 18 tooth one and use with my existing 36 tooth pulleys to create a drive ratio of 2.0? If so, what belts would I use?

If not, and I have to get the 37 tooth outer pulleys too, would I just get the normal pulley to use with my spool? Thanks!
Old 04-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default TA05 IFS-R Setup Suggestions?

I need help finding a good starting point for our local track. Now that the TCS Race is over, I'm looking to race my IFS-R in the 17.5 stock class at our track. Our track is an indoor asphalt, high traction smooth and flat.

The setup I used for the TCS race (GT3) felt spot on for my driving style. I installed the 17.5 setup in the car and something happened. What felt like a perfectly balanced, easy to control car during TCS became just the opposite with the brushless setup.

My current setup is:
  • No sway bars
  • short white (hard) springs (f/r)
  • 1.5 degree camber (f/r)
  • 50wt oil w/3 hole pistons
  • 6 mm droop (f/r)
  • I ran B-type tires for the TCS

The other weekend racers run Xrays for the most part. The tire of choice is the Jaco Prism Rubber blue w/ no smell traction compound.

There is only one other guy racing a Tamiya chassis in this class at our track. He has a TB03, and he's having difficulty finding a setup he is happy with.

I'm open for any and all comments and suggestions.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am using blue in the rear,yellow in the front, 85wt oil in the rear,70wt oil in the front and 2 hole valve plates front and rear.I find very little caster suits me, toe in front and rear at 1 deg.Setup is a personal feeling though.Outdoor is much different than carpet indoor ia am finding.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:06 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anyone able to find this IFS R Car right now? Everywhere shows on B/O.

I might try this car in the RCGT class.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geppetto
I need help finding a good starting point for our local track. Now that the TCS Race is over, I'm looking to race my IFS-R in the 17.5 stock class at our track. Our track is an indoor asphalt, high traction smooth and flat.

The setup I used for the TCS race (GT3) felt spot on for my driving style. I installed the 17.5 setup in the car and something happened. What felt like a perfectly balanced, easy to control car during TCS became just the opposite with the brushless setup.

My current setup is:
  • No sway bars
  • short white (hard) springs (f/r)
  • 1.5 degree camber (f/r)
  • 50wt oil w/3 hole pistons
  • 6 mm droop (f/r)
  • I ran B-type tires for the TCS

The other weekend racers run Xrays for the most part. The tire of choice is the Jaco Prism Rubber blue w/ no smell traction compound.

There is only one other guy racing a Tamiya chassis in this class at our track. He has a TB03, and he's having difficulty finding a setup he is happy with.

I'm open for any and all comments and suggestions.
I run smooth, new outdoor asphalt with an IFS-R and 17.5. I decided to start with the straight-up kit box setup (sans sway bars) and it was pretty dialed. I have a collection of just about every weight of shock oil imaginable and just for kicks I used the stock yellow Tamiya stuff. It's still in there and I'm not changing it out! I'm running super-soft red springs all around. Stock droop screw settings, 5mm front and 5.5mm rear ride height. I have found that the car likes negative camber: -3° front and -2° rear. Zero toe.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Anyone able to find this IFS R Car right now? Everywhere shows on B/O.

I might try this car in the RCGT class.
Randy-
It's a perfect choice for RCGT. Completely dialed at 17.5 speeds, durable as hell, and when allowed you can run the super-cool IFS bodies.

All my usual sources are out of them though...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.