08-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Join Date: Apr 2002
Originally Posted by foampervert
here is a list of stuff you need to get if you are converting from ta05 to ta05 IFS; exclude all the red
items if you own a ta05R cos you already have those parts in your kit.
- N-part = 51294, can be replaced with reinforced N-part = 53991 (you will need to get 4 850 bearings for the rocker arms unless you get 53993 which comes with bearings)
- F-part = 51293 (trust me, its not the same)
- C-part = 51296 (trust me, its not the same either)
- 3x9.5 step screw, comes in a pair = 9805840
- rocker nut, comes in a pair = 9808126, can be replaced with aluminium rocker nut = 53992
- aluminium rocker arm set (for bling, cos you get real good and stiff rocker arms with 53991) = 53993
- carbon rear shock tower = 53994 (also for bling)
- LW reversible arms (your choice, hard/soft/short/long) and corresponding axles (ta05R owners already have these arms).
- E-part = 51298 (ta05R owners already have this)
- 2 3x0.7 aluminium spacer (from wherever, you can get this in a pack of spacers or singly)
- 2 28mm turnbuckles
- 2 4.6x4.7 flange tube (for the steering knuckles) = 51100
- 2 4.5x3.5 flange tube (for the steering knuckles) = 9808021
- 2 5x8 ball connector (for the steering knuckles) = 53969
slap them together and you will have a TA05 IFS!
p.s. dunt bother with the alloy steering hubs as you will spend a minor fortune on replacement bearings... non of the parts you listed are neccesary, only the ones in my list.
Sorry to bring out this old post for the standard 05 to IFS conversion.
I have 2 questions:
1. Can I use 2 3x32mm turnbuckles instead of the 28mm? (Read the IFS-R manual and they are using the 32mm)
2. The IFS-R is using 54031 for the F parts and 51332 for the C parts. Which should I follow? The part numbers as suggested by foampervert or the manual?
Please enlighten. Many thanks.