R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-14-2007, 11:11 PM   #16
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to K_Spec_RC

Originally Posted by TylerOwenby
probably Atlanta.

but i went out to the facility and the peice of land ended up being above 5 million so we have found another place that will only hold 3 or 4 good tracks with room still for vendors and parking.
Sorry to hear about the first location. Good luck with the second one. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!
HighVelocityRacing.com | TurtleTraxRaceway.com | itFitzDesign.wordpress.com | Misfitz Motorsports | Jconcepts | KO Propo | Tekin | Kyosho RB5 SP | Kyosho Ultima SC
K_Spec_RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:29 PM   #17
Tech Lord
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Based on the pictures, I think FastCats and HobbyPlex are the nicest places I've seen. I think someone in Washington has a building under construction that's going to be dedicated to a Euro-style carpet track. That should be interesting.

If I opened a track, I'd want it to look like FastCats.

syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:31 AM   #18
Tech Addict

Wow I think both examples HobbyPlex and Fast Cats are excellent. My question is why the needs for som any tracks in one location? I think having maybe 2 on and 2 Offroad tracks might be enough to keep everyone happy? It would be better to grow slow and steady then to be still born with asperations (sp?) set too high. I would even look seriously in to multi use tracks i.e. oval and road course in one etc.

"Racing is about the journey not the destination if it wasn't it would simply be called Arriving"

"The solution is people need to spend more of their efforts on promoting and finding more people to race with, rather then a personal quest to form a class that they can win at."
MrBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:18 PM   #19
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I wish you the best of luck with your venture.

I will tell you that without a large following locally of R/C Racers that it will be very hard to attract R/C compaines to help pay for a building. Also it will surely take more of your own money to get it going than anyone else. Most of the best R/C facilities in the US were built by hobby shop/track owners/Clubs who used there own sweat and tears to build it. Not including digging into there own pockets for the finances.

Again, good luck with it.

Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote