R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   which are the best 540 j silver can motor? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/163114-best-540-j-silver-can-motor.html)

mac853 05-13-2007 11:29 AM

which are the best 540 j silver can motor?

HI, COULD SOMEBODY (ESPECIALLY FOR THE 540 RACERS) TELL ME, ARE REALLY THE UNBOXED MOTORS (7435044) WHICH INCLUDED IN THE STANDARD TAMIYA KITS ARE DIFFERENT THAN BOXED ONES (53689)? :confused:
IF THEY ARE DIFFERENT WHICH ONE ARE FASTER?

THANKS

rccardr 05-13-2007 05:59 PM

Depends on what Tamiya had in the house when your kit was built. Lots of the new kits come with a two-hole Mabuchi motor with a dull finish (if you look inside the hole you can see the white ceramic comm lock), while others come with the chrome can Mabuchi RS540, also a two hole.

The Johnson motors that come in the box generally have greater potential than either of the above two motors, but I have seen some of the dul finish ones put out some nifty numbers.

mac853 05-13-2007 07:07 PM

DR, MAYBE YOU ARE RIGHT DUE YOUR MORE EXPERIENCE, BUT HONESTLY I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT DO YOU MEAN MOTOR WITH "DUL FINISH" :confused: , AND ARE YOU SURE THEY ARE ALL MABUCHI? :weird:
TECHNICALLY JOHNSON'S ARE FASTER THAN MABUCHI'S!
BECAUSE SOMEBODY SHOWN ONE OF THIS MOTOR (INCLUDED IN THE KITS ONES) WHICH IS JOHNSON, IN MINE MOTOR CHECKER THEN SHOWN IT 2000 RPM MORE THAN MINES BOXED JOHNSON MOTOR. BUT ANYWAY THANKS FOR YOUR COOPERATION

TylerOwenby 05-13-2007 07:20 PM

or you know ya can just take the lable of a stinger 20t and say its a mabuchi motor. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big B 05-13-2007 07:42 PM

This would be a good question for the Silvercan Thread. I have found that the Johnsons I have had are faster. What Dr. meant by dull is there are Mabuchis silvercans with shiny chrome cans , and dull cans. Also try not to put much value to the #'s of any motor checker, as Big Jim said "the best test for a motor is the track".

nexxus 05-13-2007 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by TylerOwenby
or you know ya can just take the lable of a stinger 20t and say its a mabuchi motor. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol a few of the guys did that locally, got a bit sus when their geared up stinger was passing Stock motors on the straight :D

mac853 05-15-2007 02:54 AM

BE REALISTIC, AFTER THE RACES, THERE ARE LOTS OF RUMOURS, DUE THE A MAIN GUYS ARE REALLY FAST, MOSTLY THE OVERTAKES HAVE BEEN IN THE STRAIGHT BUT NOT IN CURVES OR MISTAKES, THEY SUSPECT SOME GUY ARE BUYING MATCHED MOTORS FOR RACE WITH HUGE QUANTITY OF THEM AND THE SELLERS MAYBE HAD BEEN CONTACTED THROUGH THE FORUM ARE SIMILAR US AND THEY HAVE PICKED UP FROM THE TAMIYA ORIGINAL KITS!

myk505 05-15-2007 03:35 AM

try turning caps lock off, its the button next to "A" ;)

Big B 05-15-2007 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by mac853
BE REALISTIC, AFTER THE RACES, THERE ARE LOTS OF RUMOURS, DUE THE A MAIN GUYS ARE REALLY FAST, MOSTLY THE OVERTAKES HAVE BEEN IN THE STRAIGHT BUT NOT IN CURVES OR MISTAKES, THEY SUSPECT SOME GUY ARE BUYING MATCHED MOTORS FOR RACE WITH HUGE QUANTITY OF THEM AND THE SELLERS MAYBE HAD BEEN CONTACTED THROUGH THE FORUM ARE SIMILAR US AND THEY HAVE PICKED UP FROM THE TAMIYA ORIGINAL KITS!

What????????? I lost you at THEY SUSPECT :weird: :weird:

mac853 05-15-2007 07:03 AM

THE "THEY" WHAT I MEANT ARE THE OTHER RACERS WHO HAVE BEEN RACE ONLY IN MODIFIED CLASS OR THE ORGANIZERS, THEY DIDN'T LIMIT THE MOTORS RPM, BUT ONLY THE GEAR RATIO, I THINK IT IS REALLY UNFAIR! :o

Solara 05-15-2007 09:10 AM

Have you ever seen racer has a collection of 30 plus silver can motor and pick only 2-3 top one for 1 race...? I have...

I personally purchased 3 silver can from Tower and used them all in 1 race from practice to qualifier then to the triple A's....I don't see my random motors are "ALOT" slower or out of par from those "HAND PICKED" one...mainly is the driver skills and setup that slow me down.

mac853 05-20-2007 08:13 PM

YES, YOU ARE RIGHT, I REMENBER SOMETHING: I HAVE PEEPED ONE OF THEM HAVE BROUGHT MOTOR WHICH IS REALLY DIFFERENT, NOT SO SHINY AS THE JOHNSON ONE, BUT IS REALLY FAST AS MY FRIEND TOLD ALSO, THEN HE GO TO A MAIN EASILY AND ALMOST TO PODIUM.
BUT DOESN'T MEAN NOTHING, THEY ARE FOOLING THE RULES LEGALLY, THE RULES HAD ONLY WRITTEN [U]ONLY WITH 540 SILVER COLOUR CAN MOTORS[/U] AND NOTHING MORE, BUT IF I USE THESE STINGER MOTORS, I WILL THREATENED BE DISCLASSIFIED, BECAUSE THESE GUY I MEANT IS ORGANIZER BEST FRIEND, IN MY TOWN "SOCIAL POWER" MEANS EVERYTHING!
MAYBE COULD I PAINT SHINY THE STINGERS TO RACE, BUT EVEN THEY SAW MY CAR ON TRACK, I WILL ALSO BE SUED! :flaming:

Originally Posted by nexxus
Lol a few of the guys did that locally, got a bit sus when their geared up stinger was passing Stock motors on the straight :D

12thScaleCrazy 05-20-2007 09:52 PM

Guy.....TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF!!!

Graphitedust 05-29-2007 10:55 PM

20 t

We had a really good TCS-legal mini class at our track, very competitive. Then more people came and started running cheater gearsets and 20t motors passed off as Johnsons. The class went downhill fast, with the honest (Tamiya rules) guys leaving the class. Soon only the cheaters remained. I beat them occassionally with my TCS-legal M03 with the Johnson kit motor that had hundreds of runs on it and my (2) 3300's from the last 2006 TCS Finals. I'm proud of what I did....can the cheaters say the same? You know who you are...

mac853 05-30-2007 03:02 AM

Maybe you are right, but in fact this is a agreement between the racer and the organizer for not to say on rules only for Johnson or Mabuchi and allowed him to cheating legally, as i said before they are friends of decades. Of course i will not do the same kind, the main problem which i couldn't pick up the fasts Johnson motors, most times the bests ones have been sold to the winning competitors.

Originally Posted by Graphitedust
We had a really good TCS-legal mini class at our track, very competitive. Then more people came and started running cheater gearsets and 20t motors passed off as Johnsons. The class went downhill fast, with the honest (Tamiya rules) guys leaving the class. Soon only the cheaters remained. I beat them occassionally with my TCS-legal M03 with the Johnson kit motor that had hundreds of runs on it and my (2) 3300's from the last 2006 TCS Finals. I'm proud of what I did....can the cheaters say the same? You know who you are...