Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trips
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
Old 04-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Cyclone for 249

To ensure shafts get "the shaft", stormer hobbies is selling Cyclones for $249...that way everyone can enjoy the smoothness of belts.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
To ensure shafts get "the shaft", stormer hobbies is selling Cyclones for $249...that way everyone can enjoy the smoothness of belts.
Thats some harsh words for a person who still owns a PRO4. Talk about flip mode...
Old 04-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trjracing
Thats some harsh words for a person who still owns a PRO4. Talk about flip mode...
Owns a Pro4......RUNNING A CYCLONE.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

Owns a Pro4......RUNNING A CYCLONE.
It's still harsh words there.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trjracing
It's still harsh words there.
I wouldnt say harsh, more like a wake up call. The Pro4 will get an overhaul, run it out here in brooklyn, probably mild modified class. When I slide to ft bennett, if they have tenth scales and allow me to, I am running the Cyclone. The car handles like its on rails.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Addict

I wouldnt say harsh, more like a wake up call. The Pro4 will get an overhaul, run it out here in brooklyn, probably mild modified class. When I slide to ft bennett, if they have tenth scales and allow me to, I am running the Cyclone. The car handles like its on rails.
Ok but if that pro4 needs a new home you know where too find me.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Cant part with the Pro4, it's part of my HPI/Hot Bodies family.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

TC5 is gonna kick a$$. O yeah i forgot it already is.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Cant part with the Pro4, it's part of my HPI/Hot Bodies family.
Cool.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by beta bob
TC5 is gonna kick a$$. O yeah i forgot it already is.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

belt for mod........
Old 04-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Alright everyone, we all love to race and we all have preferences, but when it comes down to it, what really makes a better car? Shaft, or belt drive?
There is no flatout answer but they definitlydominate certain fields.

Shaft drive seems to be best for 4WD off-road vehicles, because of the acceleration benefits it offers, and you dont usually get to your top speed when off-roading. Off road also bounces stuff around, and if you have seen the chain come off of a bicycle, you know where im going with this.

But dont start sending me hate mail about hating belt cars, in fact, my first car, the Traxxas 4-tec was belt driven. Belt drive seems to offer a little more top end, (whereas shaft drive does acceleration) which makes it ideal for touring cars. Especially on large flowing tracks.

I want to hear what you have to say beause imput from other drivers is important to me as I am in my first year of competitive racing. Give me your opinions! Ill look at every one!
Old 04-27-2007, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GymBeam
Alright everyone, we all love to race and we all have preferences, but when it comes down to it, what really makes a better car? Shaft, or belt drive?
There is no flatout answer but they definitlydominate certain fields.

Shaft drive seems to be best for 4WD off-road vehicles, because of the acceleration benefits it offers, and you dont usually get to your top speed when off-roading. Off road also bounces stuff around, and if you have seen the chain come off of a bicycle, you know where im going with this.

But dont start sending me hate mail about hating belt cars, in fact, my first car, the Traxxas 4-tec was belt driven. Belt drive seems to offer a little more top end, (whereas shaft drive does acceleration) which makes it ideal for touring cars. Especially on large flowing tracks.

I want to hear what you have to say beause imput from other drivers is important to me as I am in my first year of competitive racing. Give me your opinions! Ill look at every one!
Shaft vs. Belts is a long standing debate, but it seems most cars in the industry at least with electric and nitro Onroad are going belt because the torque steer is such a huge issue and having belts isn't that big of a deal for durability. In Offroad Nitro, durability and rocks, etc. may be big enough of a issue to warrant the trade off even though the torque steer is still there. In electric 4wd offroad, it is split. Since most electric buggies are designed to run on prepared surfaces, there is less of an issue with fouling and to combat that they use under trays, closed diffs, etc. Right now, 4wd electric buggies are Belt= Losi XX4, XXX4. XFactory, Yokomo, Tamiya 501x, etc. Shaft= BJ4, Kyosho Lazer, Hot Bodies Cyclone D4, Durango, Aero, Predator, etc. Remember too, acceleration isn't the issue, actually there is so much acceleration from both the cars come with slipper pads, etc.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Well, all the belt cars seem to be winning big races (T2 007, Cyclone...)
but that dosnt mean shafts suck, I run the MRC/ACADEMY STR-4 PRO-2 and its a bad@$$ car. Its faster than alot of xrays i drive against exept for sponsored drivers. its not as good as the others but it gets the job done. and im not sure wat torque steer is as im 14, but it dosnt seem to handle dramatically different than belt cars ive driven, if anything, a little bit better at lower speeds.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.