414mII belt wabble question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

414mII belt wabble question

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 02:36 PM

Arrow 414mII belt wabble question

I found out that 414mII have unstable upper front belt. It wabble up and down when accel. and deaccel.. Somtimes the car felt weak when accel.. Is that the cause of problem? Losing the power transfer because the belt tension? Is thats why the world replica 414m have another belt tension on upper deck.
Old 04-08-2003, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

dunno about the 414 specifically, but unless your belt is skipping you should be getting the power you need to accellerate adequately. infact, it's usually a tight belt that bogs a car down. excessively loose belts can be problematic due to vibrations or resonances, but i dunno how easy that is to feel or see on the track. and really, many racers run the belts so loose that they are just short of skipping. especially in stock or on single belt cars. that's my 2 cents.
Old 04-08-2003, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

btw - how do you like the 9550?
Old 04-08-2003, 09:23 PM

S9550, This servo is very smooth, small, and lighter than other servo. Only 45g. I talk to many people, and they said this servo is much enough for both mod and stock elec 1/10 touring.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is pretty normal for most belt drive cars. This is caused by the belt trying to equalize the two halves of the car. This can be fixed if you want to run another tensioner on the top. You will have to do some fab work to get it done. There really is no need though. As long as you don't here any "clicking" noises on hard accelleration.

Good luck
Kevin