Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
team magic and sports werks bags the same? >

team magic and sports werks bags the same?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

team magic and sports werks bags the same?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

can i get a cyclone, radio, parts, chager all that in a tm bag? im about to get one, but since someone asked im going to make shure?
Old 04-25-2007, 03:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
can i get a cyclone, radio, parts, chager all that in a tm bag? im about to get one, but since someone asked im going to make shure?
If you get the F8 then you can fit that and more. I can fit 2 cars, car stand, Hakko Soldering Iron, power supply, radio, all my tools, assortment of tires, parts, 2 chargers, discharger, power distribution block, and a bunch more in mine.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Yeah, but that shipping is a KILLER!
I see that $120 Holy ****
Old 04-25-2007, 04:21 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
I guess you dont hate waiting that much then
I guess not!
Old 04-25-2007, 04:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Hi Josh,

The TM bags and the 3 Racing/Sportwerks bag are almost identical. The main difference is the materials used for the bag itself and the trays inside.

TM = HD plastic draws/trays
3 Racing/Sportwerks = cardboard draws/trays

I believe you can get the plastic trays seperately.

I am not sure if anyone actually imports the "clone" bags into Australia, but you can get the TM bags quite reasonably here in Australia as they are brought in by HEI. Just go to your local hobbyshop (Trackside RC or Mr Toys - Mt Gravatt) and they will either have them in stock or get them pretty quickly for you.

Hope this helps.

Leonard.
FYI...depending which bag you get the 3Racing bag alos uses plastic dawers/trays. The more expensive one with the wheels and handle uses plastic. They are a great bag and I'd like to carry them as a regular item with the rest of the 3Racing products I carry...but shipping is just way too expensive for them since they cannot be flattened. I did bring one in for me though
Old 04-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

I dont know about the 3racing one, but the Sportwerks, and TM 1/10 touring come flatened. Must be the 1/8 that cant
Old 04-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

only problem with the TM F8 bag, is when you load it up heavy, i.e over 25kg, and then carry the bag using the straps, the straps are very weak as it is only attatched to the fabric at one point. i've seen quite a few tear.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

TM bag rullz.
thats it its just a good damm bag
and its better than the others
the others rip and stuff.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
I am not sure if anyone actually imports the "clone" bags into Australia, but you can get the TM bags quite reasonably here in Australia as they are brought in by HEI. Just go to your local hobbyshop (Trackside RC or Mr Toys - Mt Gravatt) and they will either have them in stock or get them pretty quickly for you.

Hope this helps.

Leonard.

Feral Batteries has the 3racing ones www.feralbatteries.com.au

The version he is selling has the plastic draws. I believe its $90 plus post for that one
Old 04-25-2007, 09:13 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I actually became partial to carrying two smaller bags rather than one big one, they just ended up being easier to carry. More manageable or whatever.

The small Associated one has always been a favorite, along with the Corally team bag. Xray makes a good medium-sized bag as well.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
If you get the F8 then you can fit that and more. I can fit 2 cars, car stand, Hakko Soldering Iron, power supply, radio, all my tools, assortment of tires, parts, 2 chargers, discharger, power distribution block, and a bunch more in mine.

the the 170 doller one?
Old 04-26-2007, 04:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

the the 170 doller one?
The one labelled F8. I paid less then 170 for mine.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:38 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

the the 170 doller one?
Depending on where you find it, it goes anywhere from $169~$199. At this point though, most people who really want one will settle for anywhere in that range as long as the bag is in the same country they are, so they aren't getting killed by the shipping cost.

With all this talk about it on this big message board, I think I'll pick a place a backorder mine to make sure I get one!
Old 04-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

With the F8 bag, I definitely have to go with the mentality that just because it will fit, doesn't mean it should go in there. It's plenty big enough to hold everything I need to race and then some. The "then some" can be a real pain, as others have mentioned.

I sold my F10 to get the F8 and I don't regret it, but this sucker definitely tempts me to load up everything I own, which usually ends in tears and Tylenol.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
With the F8 bag, I definitely have to go with the mentality that just because it will fit, doesn't mean it should go in there. It's plenty big enough to hold everything I need to race and then some. The "then some" can be a real pain, as others have mentioned.

I sold my F10 to get the F8 and I don't regret it, but this sucker definitely tempts me to load up everything I own, which usually ends in tears and Tylenol.
This is why I have one of each for my stuff. The 10 is too small for everything and the 8 is good for the heavier stuff imo. Only thing that has happened to either of my bags was on the 8 where I lost a zipper on one side. I think the zipper that they sold them with ( I have the sportwerks version) was pretty weak imo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.